anyone using cele amulet yet?

messiah.1908

Yes, I use it on my Ele. Instead of being two-shot in 2 sec, I'm now three-shot in 2.5 sec. So, we're improving here.But no Gw1-like survivability + high dmg ranged AoE spamming tho. (In Gw1, I only feared hammer warriors who kept me knocked down while bashing my insides and outsides to pulp or mesmers who completely shut me down. The rest I basically owned with Searing Flames, Mystic Regen, Aura of Restoration and a lot of health.)

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Yes, I use it on my Ele. Instead of being two-shot in 2 sec, I'm now three-shot in 2.5 sec. So, we're improving here.But no Gw1-like survivability + high dmg ranged AoE spamming tho. (In Gw1, I only feared hammer warriors who kept me knocked down while baching my insides and outsides to pulp or mesmers who completely shut me down. The rest I basically owned with Searing Flames, Mystic Regen, Aura of Restoration and a lot of health.)for ele it seems that sage is much better. more condi, more power, more healing and more vitality. why to use cele? for bit more critical dmg and chance? but far less dmg

@messiah.1908 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Yes, I use it on my Ele. Instead of being two-shot in 2 sec, I'm now three-shot in 2.5 sec. So, we're improving here.But no Gw1-like survivability + high dmg ranged AoE spamming tho. (In Gw1, I only feared hammer warriors who kept me knocked down while baching my insides and outsides to pulp or mesmers who completely shut me down. The rest I basically owned with Searing Flames, Mystic Regen, Aura of Restoration and a lot of health.)for ele it seems that sage is much better. more condi, more power, more healing and more vitality. why to use cele? for bit more critical dmg and chance? but far less dmg

Cele over Sage: +460 Toughness, +460 precision, +460 ferocity

Sage over Cele: +590 Power, +590 condition damage, +100 vitality, +100 healing.

Celestial is better defensively... 460 toughness is superior to 100 vitality and 100 healing. Celestial will do more power damage, 460 precision and 460 ferocity is superior to 590 power. Sages does overall more damage with that 590 condition damage.

Celestial amulet is tankier and more damage against power enemies who are resistant vs. conditions, such as Spellbreaker. Sage's amulet really shines when your conditions are sticking, and you are facing a condition based enemy - like Condi Mirage.

@messiah.1908 said:

I'll try that.

@messiah.1908 said:for ele it seems that sage is much better. more condi, more power, more healing and more vitality. why to use cele? for bit more critical dmg and chance? but far less dmg

What build are you using with sages?

I think speccing ele deep into condi has too much diminishing returns. The class just isn't designed for full condition damage (not enough cover conditions for burn/bleed and are easily cleansed). I also wouldn't say far less damage - cele stats give enough critical chance and damage to make it worth it, but I agree you really need to stack up might or use power runes (rune of strength is good) to make up for the power loss. Just straight up power though without any crit falls flat - you still don't do much power damage.

Splashing toughness along with vit, and healing power is just enough to not feel like walking wet paper. Unless you go full power burst, no toughness on ele is a very easy kill.

But as others have said, boonrip sucks and makes cele amulet kinda meh.

Edit: I haven't thought about sword, and with the evades and constant condition application, sages works better.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:Cele Herald could be interesting.

It's not, the sustain cele gives is nothing and the damage is low.

It was used a bit before it was removed, as a variant on invo rev. Rev isn't good right at all, is the main problem.

Would you consider running it on Engi?

I remember once upon a time cele rifle was a thing, but of course times change

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

It was used a bit before it was removed, as a variant on invo rev. Rev isn't good right at all, is the main problem.

Rev was nerfed since the last time cele was in the game, both in damage and healing scaling. Most of its sustain is comes from blocks/evades anyways unless it's a ventari rev so that toughness or healing power does nothing for it and even marauder has more vitality.

Not because Cele should be overpowered, but because it is under performing. When it was once deemed overpowered. Goes to prove how bad the game balance is right now. How much overpowered everything else has become while cele hasn't changed. It's a good bench mark to show how bad anet devs are.

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

Yeah I do like Celestial on Rifle Holosmith, it's around the same level and role as Sage's Weaver. Cele Holosmith will depend heavily on the next balance patch, many changes hinted that would affect that type of build.

Cele dmg is very low, cele survivability is next to non existent, so no, i don't use the nerfed version of celestial on my elementalist. If they would revert it back to its previous stats (560 per stat) i could change my mind. Anything lower than 560 is a complete joke.As you can see there are no single thread about celestial being op.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

many changes hinted that would affect that type of build.

What hints

The devs have been hinting at changes? I've missed this.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:

many changes hinted that would affect that type of build.

What hints

The devs have been hinting at changes? I've missed this.

Robert Gee in Engi forum:

"As a general disclaimer, I can't guarantee that we'll have the time to change SFL in the the next balance update. Holosmith already has quite a few adjustments (yes some of them are for sword) and I don't know if we have time for many more in this batch. I do however appreciate the civil discussion and hope it will help inform future updates."

@sephiroth.4217 said:So far to me it feels like Scourge Might stacking build is the only reliable class to make use of the low stats...

Any other class, by the time I've worked up enough might to do some damage, a Scourge will steal my might or a Spellbreaker will.

The reduced vitality on celestial (-440) from carrion would make scourge's Life Force management extremely tight.

Also scourge doesn't really generate might, PvP scourge doesn't use Abrasive Grit due to the necessity of Nourishing Rot. Oppressive Collapse will only grant might to the scourge if the scourge is within 240 units of the target being hit.

The only time Scourge will have high might is while Ghastly Breach is up, however Ghastly Breach is on a 60second cd when traited so the might uptime is still bad.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:So far to me it feels like Scourge Might stacking build is the only reliable class to make use of the low stats...

Any other class, by the time I've worked up enough might to do some damage, a Scourge will steal my might or a Spellbreaker will.

The reduced vitality on celestial (-440) from carrion would make scourge's Life Force management extremely tight.

Also scourge doesn't really generate might, PvP scourge doesn't use Abrasive Grit due to the necessity of Nourishing Rot. Oppressive Collapse will only grant might to the scourge if the scourge is within 240 units of the target being hit.

The only time Scourge will have high might is while Ghastly Breach is up, however Ghastly Breach is on a 60second cd when traited so the might uptime is still bad.

Must be something wrong with my scourge build because building might on scourge is super easy to me....

Archived