The Icebrood Saga: Champions Chapter 3 is now live!

Ok finished story, tried at least 1 time each new DRM. Not gonna spoil but gonna sum up by: it was cool , the turn of the story pleased me. I found the braham vision cool. And liked how ended the fireheart rise DRM. The DRMS are cool and not that long. Good job, I can't rant this time. Ah hmm, just a little con: The Tengu support mark trader in Eye Of The north is bugged and show "This content has been disabled" if you try to interact with it. Here is a screen of the bug: https://imgur.com/NEWLpyBThat's it. 13/20 will change later, because I want to see what the tengu vendor sell.

I liked the story, but not so much the presentation - everything happened too fast, it felt rushed, which made it impossible for me to get emotionally engaged in the plot.

@emjustem.7301 said:I really miss story-heavy content

Me, too.

I hate all of the raid-like elements in GW, especially in DRM and strikes :/

I don't, but they still shouldn't be the main focus in a story as being focused on fighting enemies kind of ruins your focus on dialogue. I have to read up most of it at the end of each DRM, which breaks the immersion.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I don't, but they still shouldn't be the main focus in a story as being focused on fighting enemies kind of ruins your focus on dialogue. I have to read up most of it at the end of each DRM, which breaks the immersion.

This was something that I felt more than ever this episode. There was clearly a lot of dialogue going, but so much of it often happened during action sequences, that it was hard to keep on top of it all.

P.S. regarding the story

The Braham idea was conceptually good... if it wasn't for two aspects of its execution:

1. Turning the character back into a juvenile annoyance whose maturity level regressed since HoT (e.g., "I don't want to be the Norn of damn prophecy! whine, whine", after he deliberately took his mother's bow to shot Jormag's Tooth and become the Norn of damn prophecy).
  2. The rush in his decision to become Primordus' Champion only minutes after whining, "I hate this heat, I am more a snow and ice guy." --> /facepalm

As someone put it so perfectly on another thread:

@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:The story ideas were sound, a Charr civil war was a good idea, going deeper into Norn lore was a good idea, making a haunted map was...sorta a good idea. The current iteration of Arenanet just can't seem to competently implement on any of these ideas, and further more can't seem to competently write half the characters either (the character assassination of Smolder being the most grievous example).(source)

• 4 weeks later...