Low Drop Rate of Tengu Relics — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Low Drop Rate of Tengu Relics

Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

The drop rate for the Tengu Relics is abysmal. I killed 40 enemies in Drizzlewood and only got 4. That's horrible. The DRMS and achievements are grindy enough without having to grind for 20 low drop objects for a simple DAILY achievement. Please up the drop rate massively.

Henge of Denravi Commander
CA/CH/HOD/AIR

Comments

  • DarcShriek.5829DarcShriek.5829 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2021

    Drops are best for champions. Wolf's crossing is good and the chest guardians are good also.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2021

    Pretty sure you only get them guaranteed from keep lord chests and the meta chest at the end of south or north meta (the same ones that give otters).

    Edit: see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu_Cultural_Relic

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    This drop rate would be OK if this was just a general achievement, but as a daily it's ridiculous. I spent 30 minutes and got five. If that's representative, then I would have to spend about two hours to complete a DAILY. Nope.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think the idea, like completing the Auric Basin meta last time, is to complete one of Drizzlewood's metas.

    Unfortunately, Drizzlewood's metas are quite long.

  • I started in a south meta map. Killed several monsters and was like nope, not gonna waste my time. Then went ahead and finished south meta, killed the cache keepers, and got some free loot! Nothing worth getting those 5 tokens for anyway. You can always buy the tengu weapons with defense seals after the event is over.

  • Kondor.2904Kondor.2904 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021

    @Heibi.4251 said:

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    Pretty sure you only get them guaranteed from keep lord chests and the meta chest at the end of south or north meta (the same ones that give otters).

    Edit: see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu_Cultural_Relic

    The problem here is that this is supposed to be a DAILY. Dailies aren't supposed to involve grinding for hours at a time to get what is needed. I think that was overlooked when they created this particular daily achievement. The drop rate should be fairly common and swift. You shouldn't need to do metas to complete a daily. Either the drop rate needs to be increased or the number required cut to 10 or 5. 5 being the optimal for a daily like this if the drop rate is going to be this bad.

    You get 10 from the final chest of the south meta. All you need to do is to find a lfg squad with 6/6 camps approaching the final meta bosses. Join the squad, spend 5 mins killing the bosses, get your loot. Then find another squad, swap the map, rinse and repeat.

    Moreover, you can just look for the north meta squads where you don't actually need to participate in the events to loot the tribune chests (same with the camps chests), and just keep map swapping and looting the chests for the daily. Which hours of grinding are you talking about ? You are not supposed to farm regular mobs.

  • I just did a north meta this morning and got to 20 at the end. They drop from the Frost Legion chests (that appear only in CW and north meta) as well as the keep lord/tribune chests and the two big chests.

  • Kondor.2904Kondor.2904 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021

    @Heibi.4251 said:
    Everything you just mentioned goes against the principle of "DAILY" achievements.

    How does it go against principles of daily achievements, when every second daily achievement requires you to complete some kind of event on a particular map ? The previous daily exalted achievements required you to complete the AB meta, the ones before that required you to complete the strike mission and mount maelstrom events. And since drizzlewood is designed in such a way you don't have to fully commit to every meta for 1-2 hours to obtain the loot, the time you spend getting this particular daily is on par with literally every other daily there is. I actually think some regular core map daily events can take more time to complete due to the enormous influx of players and insane event scaling.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭

    Yep, seems this expects people to do at least one Drizzlewood meta (north or south) a day, beginning to pretty much the end.
    The only dependable drops are from the big chests when you capture a base, the chests as you progress through the citadel and end chests (north and south).
    The drop from enemies is very low, depending on your luck. Seems 2 to 8 from south meta mobs mobs up to just before Wolf's Crossing is par for the course. So, they are not going to stop you needing to open base chests and do the final events (n or s), or, as others have said, jump maps and cheese it.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Heibi.4251 said:

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    Pretty sure you only get them guaranteed from keep lord chests and the meta chest at the end of south or north meta (the same ones that give otters).

    Edit: see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tengu_Cultural_Relic

    The problem here is that this is supposed to be a DAILY. Dailies aren't supposed to involve grinding for hours at a time to get what is needed. I think that was overlooked when they created this particular daily achievement. The drop rate should be fairly common and swift. You shouldn't need to do metas to complete a daily. Either the drop rate needs to be increased or the number required cut to 10 or 5. 5 being the optimal for a daily like this if the drop rate is going to be this bad.

    I only stated facts, not sure why there's such animosity.

    If it were up to me the daily would be 4 events (so that bases actually matter) similar to the ebon vanguard faction week. Right now you're better off map hopping 2 metas than to help out with all the bases. Even a reduction in drops from the end chest of the metas along with a total count of 10 instead of 20 for the daily would help in that direction.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2021

    Yes, a number of bases or events would make more sense, or just completing one of the Drizzlewood metas, as was the case with Dragonfall and The Octovine.
    And right now the description is outright confusing. I'm not surprised if people interpret it as another "enemies" achievement, where you just need to kill a certain number of mobs.

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    We shouldn't have to complete the equivalent of a meta to complete a daily achievement. That leaves time for little else. I see no compelling argument to spend my time on it.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭

    When I said "complete" I meant show up for the final encounter and open the end chest, as was the case for Dragonfall and Octovine. I agree needing to actually participate all the way through the north or south metas is excessive.

  • Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Did this for 30 minutes and got 2 from random mobs. The keep boss gave me none. I just closed the game. The grind in this game gets way too much. DRM was already a chore I am skipping as it has gotten tedious and I simply can not take any more grind. I play this game to play the game, not to grind.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2021

    @Aaralyna.3104 said:
    Did this for 30 minutes and got 2 from random mobs. The keep boss gave me none. I just closed the game. The grind in this game gets way too much. DRM was already a chore I am skipping as it has gotten tedious and I simply can not take any more grind. I play this game to play the game, not to grind.

    You don't get it from the keep boss, you get it from the glitchy chest that spawns as "open" after the keep lord or tribune dies in each zone. It isn't autolooted.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Another reward that encourages leeching. It keeps happening in this "saga".

    Icebrood Saga weapon collections cost 10500 Gold to craft! Including new Fiery/Icy Weapons!
    *Does not include Volcanic Stormcaller set.

  • Atomos.7593Atomos.7593 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I got all 20 by the end of the south meta. Not sure if there was a stealth change today or I just got lucky. I don't like the concept of needing a lot of RNG drops for dailies though.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭

    1 full run of either meta seems pretty sure to deliver 20 relics, provided you loot all the chests. So easy to forget the chests in the bases that do not auto loot!

  • PseudoNewb.5468PseudoNewb.5468 Member ✭✭✭

    The achievement seems to be pretty reliably rewarded if you participate and complete either half of the meta. I think it makes sense if that is what they intended for the achievement, and it is very similar to how much time you would have to put into something like the dragonfall one we started with.

  • Firebeard.1746Firebeard.1746 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think the idea, like completing the Auric Basin meta last time, is to complete one of Drizzlewood's metas.

    Unfortunately, Drizzlewood's metas are quite long.

    Well so are AB's unfortunately. I think I spent 2 hours in a map before it completed.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021

    @Heibi.4251 said:
    The drop rate for the Tengu Relics is abysmal. I killed 40 enemies in Drizzlewood and only got 4. That's horrible.

    Yes. They are "encouraging" you to do the meta events, which takes as long as gathering them from mobs. You get one from each Tribune chest and 10 from the final boss chest at the Frost Citadel. There is no easy/quick workaround. :/

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    That's true. We will have to purchase the rest from the left vendor after the event is over. And god knows how many more such sets we will get during the remainder of the season. Enough is enough.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021

    @Firebeard.1746 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think the idea, like completing the Auric Basin meta last time, is to complete one of Drizzlewood's metas.

    Unfortunately, Drizzlewood's metas are quite long.

    Well so are AB's unfortunately. I think I spent 2 hours in a map before it completed.

    There was no need to do that, though. You only needed to participate in the Octovine, which is easy to join only 5 mins before, using lfg. Octovine takes about 5 mins these days(! I remember when it was a challenge), so the daily could be done in about 10 mins, although most would probably want to loot the chests afterwards.

    But having thought about this some more I think they intended this daily to take 1hr+ and only with this release have they worked out how to do it. The DRM daily takes 45-60m (including waiting in lfg) and only rewards 3. Getting 5 for 1hrs work is not that unreasonable tbh, except when comparing to the earlier releases.

  • @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.

    if you not missed no days anyway you can collect all skins .. So may be no big reason about low drop, anyway it not complete it

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Jong.5937Jong.5937 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    Yeah, they icreased the price of everything for some reason, even the boxes are now 3 relics instead of 2, but only problem with that for me is that the achievement will take longer, and if i miss a day or two i won't be able to complete it lol.

    if you not missed no days anyway you can collect all skins .. So may be no big reason about low drop, anyway it not complete it

    As I speak precisely zero languages other than English I hate to comment on the English of others but, what does this mean?? I really cannot understand either sentence.

    You definitely cannot collect enough marks to buy all the weapons, even if you skip the mastery(!) and the 10 boxes for the supporter achievement, if that is what you are saying?? You will be 5 marks short by my calculation, including an extra week of buying marks for mats.

    The 2nd sentence I can't even guess at.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2021

    @Jong.5937 said:
    As I speak precisely zero languages other than English I hate to comment on the English of others but, what does this mean?? I really cannot understand either sentence.

    They meant that, even if you don't miss out on any daily during this event week, you still won't be able to collect all weapons and therefore it doesn't really matter.

  • the drop rate is really fair imo, i average 25 with north meta, theres only 3 events then the champ in each section and all complete quickly. i would disagree with some people though, i didnt get garaunteed ones from tribune chests, in fact yesterdays meta i only got 2 from tribune chests, 10 from the end chest and the rest were from looting normal enemies/event enemies. i am however wondering if magic find has an effect on the drop rate. i average over 500mf dont know if that makes any difference. the people ive seen complaining in map ive also noticed only doing the bare minimum, auto attacking the tribune for example without tagging the other enemies around him at the same time, my oppinion, want them faster put more effort in (not saying this is the case for everyone) :)

    It doesn't matter how long it takes to achieve something, its not the end result that matters, its the journey you take to get there.

    Whiteside Ridge (EU), Achievement Hunter

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    You can get them as drops from the tengu supply boxes

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    You can get them as drops from the tengu supply boxes

    Being on the rare tab of said boxes, you are much better off buying the weapon skin directly cause the odds of hitting a rare item in 3 boxes (9 compared to 10 marks) is beyond low.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You can buy tengu supply boxes for the tyrian defense seals, I think that is what Linken means.

  • Pifil.5193Pifil.5193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vindicate.6951 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @lare.5129 said:
    one more thing for that tengu relic - no matter is you do all tengu events - impossible buy all weapons.

    You can get them as drops from the tengu supply boxes

    Being on the rare tab of said boxes, you are much better off buying the weapon skin directly cause the odds of hitting a rare item in 3 boxes (9 compared to 10 marks) is beyond low.

    Yep, I opened 12 boxes, 10 for the achievement and two with marks left over from buying skins, and got 1 weapon. Knowing what ArenaNet means by "rare" I consider it very lucky that I got one.