D/D Ele Mushroom Queen HP solo

AliamRationem.5172

I couldn't find a video of an ele doing this boss solo, so I figured I'd make one. I realize this would have been a lot easier with staff, but I use dagger/dagger for everything so that's what you get in this video!

For you new ele players having trouble with survival, take a look! I don't recommend going as tanky as I did in this video (honestly, it was overkill and I don't actually play with this setup normally), but it really illustrates the point that ele can be whatever you want it to be and not just a glass cannon!

https://youtu.be/2DMiR2JFRD0

I was going to edit my original post, but I don't see where I can do that on these forums. Tweaked the build and saw significantly better performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2CP5xR1W0o

I also tried a few other setups including mixing in some more offensive gear and trying air and arcane. I was still able to beat her, but I seem to do best so far with water/earth/tempest both in terms of moderating risk and producing faster times. It may be the limits of my skill level at play, but I am finding it difficult to effectively deal damage using dagger/dagger if I try to go with too offensive a setup. Any damage I gain on offense is lost in having to play more defensively to avoid death.

Good job. Going offensive doesn't really work with her, because the space is too narrow and the AOEs too big. So yeah, if you're intent on soloing, your best bet is something in the lines of the Auramancer with heavily defensive stat. My instinct would be to go full Minstrel, though I'd probably pick Warhorn offhand.

@Feanor.2358 said:Good job. Going offensive doesn't really work with her, because the space is too narrow and the AOEs too big. So yeah, if you're intent on soloing, your best bet is something in the lines of the Auramancer with heavily defensive stat. My instinct would be to go full Minstrel, though I'd probably pick Warhorn offhand.

Thanks! Not really intent on soloing, although I do enjoy it. Just new to recording gameplay videos and I wasn't able to find an ele solo mushroom queen kill video. So I figured why not make one myself and do it with my favorite weapon set? I'm sure warhorn would be a better choice. Really I think any weapon set would be better than dagger/dagger since they all have the range advantage, among other things.

Sorry! New to this video posting stuff. I've since edited the videos on my youtube channel to include build information in the description! I removed the first two videos and posted a third that's a bit shorter...and wish I could edit those previous links now that they just show giant dead video windows. Oh well! Live and learn! New video link:

Build:

Full Celestial

Water - 1-3-3Earth - 3-3-1Tempest - 3-2-3

I've also posted solo Avatar of Balthazar and Vampire Beast Broodmother videos to my channel with build information included. But I generally run full zealot water/air/tempest in open world and switch to water/earth/tempest against tough bosses if I'm going solo. For the really nasty ones like mushroom queen or Balth, I run full celestial water/earth/tempest for extra survivability.

I'm working on videos for all of the bandit champions and the legendary executioner, but it's tough to find them alone to solo kill. I'll be adding those to my channel as I go. Apologies for the crappy graphics quality. It's the best I can do with the hardware I have!

Ah I remember this b****. Took me a couple tries, dagger didn't work for me so I went staff. In the end help came but I was doing fine rolling back and forth with overloads.

I remember I had air / water / tempest. Glyph heal, armor of earth, mist form, and both golems (earth golems are a true lifesaver in pve).

@Razor.6392 said:Ah I remember this b****. Took me a couple tries, dagger didn't work for me so I went staff. In the end help came but I was doing fine rolling back and forth with overloads.

I remember I had air / water / tempest. Glyph heal, armor of earth, mist form, and both golems (earth golems are a true lifesaver in pve).

Well where's the fun in sitting at range while your minions tank the boss? Get in there and fight!

It's funny because ive soloed every one if these on a full viper, and full zerker ele. You can easily just stand at the head of the arrowhead and nuke him down while he continues to roll side to side.

I don't understand why people on the gw2 forums post solo vids with tanky builds, when they could easily put in some thought and do it with a dps build. Ya know, something actually impressive.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:It's funny because ive soloed every one if these on a full viper, and full zerker ele. You can easily just stand at the head of the arrowhead and nuke him down while he continues to roll side to side.

I don't understand why people on the gw2 forums post solo vids with tanky builds, when they could easily put in some thought and do it with a dps build. Ya know, something actually impressive.

No need to be rude, bud. If you want to post your own video, go ahead.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:It's funny because ive soloed every one if these on a full viper, and full zerker ele. You can easily just stand at the head of the arrowhead and nuke him down while he continues to roll side to side.

I'd love to see the video of you soloing the mushroom queen on a full zerk d/d elementalist. If you cannot do videos, let me know what server you are on, and i'll go with you and video it for you to give you kudos on the forum. Anyone can say anything here without proof. Heck, I solo'd Matthias on a d/d zerk ele, with only green armor. I don't have a video of that, cause it was so quick and easy, you'll just have to take my word on it.

@mulzi.8273 said:

I'd love to see the video of you soloing the mushroom queen on a full zerk d/d elementalist. If you cannot do videos, let me know what server you are on, and i'll go with you and video it for you to give you kudos on the forum. Anyone can say anything here without proof. Heck, I solo'd Matthias on a d/d zerk ele, with only green armor. I don't have a video of that, cause it was so quick and easy, you'll just have to take my word on it.

Sure ill get on that. I'll also take your word that your 'performance' was better.

Archived