Common Bugs and Inconsistencies

DonArkanio.6419

Hey,I'd like to highlight some of the bugs and inconsistencies that Revenant has across weapon skills. Some of them actually affect the flow of gameplay.

Coalescence of Ruin (Hammer):

• lacks sound effects
  • disappears on uneven terrain
  • disappears randomly if cast when moving
  • doesn't hit targets in melee range
  • it's been in the game for months now

Searing Fissure (Mace):

• the fissure appears outside theactual hitbox, behind the player and part of the hitbox stays empty
  • just like the CoR, the bug's been here for months

Spiritcrush (Shortbow):

• unable to be cast from behind or side. Not particularly a bug, just feels really bad.

Surge of the Mists (Staff):

• the wind up feels forced, it's clunky and looks bad
  • overall, I think that the updated version of this skill looks very uninspired and lacking

Portal Fire and Torrential Mists (Trident):

• the skills are identical, although the Portal Fire (2) can be cast without a target, while Torrential Mists (5) can't.

Weapon skills overall:

• nearly all of them share the same 1-2 sound effects
  • Sharur (legendary hammer) mutes the sound of Hammer Bolt skill (1).

I don't think fixing these should be much of a problem. Especially since all the other classes are being bugfixed on a monthly basis. Honestly, it bothers me that these things still exist and have been in the game for such a long time now without being addressed at all.

So, if you have noticed any other bugs feel free to add them in the comments.

• Like 1

Casting facets on herald + switching legend in cast time makes passive clickable ,but keeps lingering because active is on cooldown.(Even works sometimes on instant-skills like Infuse light)

When switching builds, when the secondary legend is the same, the skills change places.When switching builds ,while having same Main legend, the skills will not change places, only if this "Main legend" is also the main legend in Water.

@"Virdo.1540" said:Casting facets on herald + switching legend in cast time makes passive clickable ,but keeps lingering because active is on cooldown.Also, entering or exiting water as Herald with facets on leaves them "on", but disabled, and you have to cycle through them (either by consuming, then waiting for cooldown to reactivate, or by switching legends and back) to get their effects back.

Sword 3 still cancelling into cooldown.

Sword 2 and Staff 2 AoE is cast off position when character moves during casting.

Axe 5 hitbox either unclear or wider than animation.

Sword 3 and Hammer 3 occasionally "spirits the player away" causing them to not return from their evade and trapping them in the skill until released.

I think this is affected and triggered by desync, but I'm not sure.

Happens to me often during WB trains so highly likely.

• 2 weeks later...

- Devastation:While the Trait "Expose Defenses" triggers on herald/glint for the Passive Facet & Active Facet

-The trait "Battle Scarred" doesnt trigger on Passive ,only on active Glint Facet

-the Herald Shield-4 Skill "Envoy of Exuberance"-has an tinier radius of the Protection-Application than the Healing has, but both have an lower radius than tooltip & "ranged placement" show-can still be blocked by an enemy with an bubble or an Immunity, even though it shouldnt hit any enemy.

-the Herald-Trait "Elevated Compassion" heals allies only ,with cooldown. But it heals, or rezzes, downstate Allies too, without cooldown, so every granted boon rezzes them a bit.

-the Retribution-Trait "Dwarven Battle Training" has an inconsistent Weakness-Application. Sometimes it triggers upon stun ,sometimes it dont. On staff 5 (multiple stuns) it only hits once.

-Axe 5 "Temporal Rift" sometimes goes the wrong way, into the ground , straight up or simply misses. Mostly due to tiny hills & other Lower/higher battleground issues.

Same with Mace 2 "Searing Fissure"

-Hammer 4 "Field of the Mists" is very inconsistent on the projectile destruction.As the wiki says "This skill will not block attacks that are not on the same z-axis value as the player"

-Using animations like Axe 4 "Fridig Blitz" or Sword 3 "Unrelenting Assault" on Enemies that are going to vanish in an specific point of the animation make the camera go stuck ,while character can even go out of own camera. Can be fixed with doing the same animation again.

-The third/last hit of the Mace-Autoattack Chain "Manifest Toxin" ,which sends an Projectile that automatically searches enemies, Targets untargetable thing. Mostly simple interactable things like Consoles, Fractal Singularities, WvW-Medikits/Supply-Depots, .... even simple with F-lootable Chests

Trident skills are very inconsistent.Trident 2,5 - "a 50% chance upon every hit to give an condition"Trident 1, 2, 5 - "A 20% chance to fulfil an combo projectile-finisher"

-The Healing-Prioritization of Healing Orbs (created by every source) is incredibly Inconsistent

-The Hammer 3 "Phase Smash" can create several bugs when it comes to good/bad timing with skills like Unpassable Walls , like Guard Staff 5 . It can come to the earlier mentioned "Camera gets Stuck" bug, to inconsitencies of the outcome of the player when being interrupted (sometimes at beginning, sometimes at wall, sometimes at targeted area). Sometimes it even comes to a character completely bugging out & not being able to perfom any kind of action anymore. (Often, but not always, running is still working)

-Herald Shield 5 "Crystal Hibernation" gives an Buff/Effect ,when blocking.-

It gives an buff called "Crystal Hibernation" aswell, which says"You take no damage from attacks, and conditions cannot be applied to you. When broken, this effect will end." This still refers to the Defiance Bar ,back in HoT Release. The description of the Buff makes it more sound like an immunity, than an simple block. Due to all the "unblockable" Skills, the description of the buff/effect should be changed. It even still says "the effect is unique per game mode".

-Ventari-Elite "Energy Expulsion"-Jumping before the cast finishes can cause the tablet to vanish without creating orbs or knocking back.-The Blast Finisher occurs at the Revenant's location, not the tablets.-If the tablet is summoned as fast as possible, the Elite can be used before it should be. When spamming, the Expulsion can be done again right after resummoning the tablet. This way the Elite-Cooldown can be bypassed & the Energy-Requirement Ignored. Only the "Tablet Resummon"-Cooldown & Energy-Requirement is important in this case.

-Spear 5 "Rift Containment" creates an Barrier ,that "prevent foes from crossing".Sometimes it is an Unpassable Area, where nobody can go in & out. Sometimes its simply not working or can be ingnored by Stability, without Stab being removed (Stab seldomly works)

-The Herald Passive Facets always try to line up, so every facet ticks at the same time every 3 seconds. This way, some facets simply pulse too often or not at all, until the "lineup" has been reached

-Herald skill "Burst of Strength" goes in PvE sometimes on 12second cooldown ,like it should be, sometimes on 15sec cooldown.

-The Salvation-Trait "Unyielding Devotion" is very inconsistent. On some healings it triggers, one some it doesnt. It triggers on some healing traits ,on others not.

|

Ventari says "Nothing will harm you while I am here!". I hope he will Protect us from the Bugs

Edited by Virdo.1540

• 3 weeks later...

The Landing spot of the demon jump "Call to Anguish" is very inconsitent. Sometimes it goes further or not far enough, sometimes the character simply goes a bit "higher" or "lower" ,even changing landing heights while being in air.
Sometimes there can be a bug triggered, where the character jumps incredibly high, but not controllable (so no exploit)

The Herald traits "Rising Momentum" and "Hardening Persistence" are supposed to stack their effects based on the active Upkeep-Cost. But they dont do it as they should.

Sometimes their give stacks than the upkeep, sometimes less. Sometimes even none while being at max. Upkeep cost & sometimes full stacks at No-Upkeep.

Can mostly be reproduced by mounting, swimming or changing builds (if known how)

Ventari's Will:"Will the tablet toward the target location. As the tablet moves, it will heal allies it passes through."The "impact" of the tablet on hitting an player is very inconsistent. It doesnt hit sometimes, even if the Placement-AoE or the Tablet itself goes through players.

Could be related to that:

@"Virdo.1540" said:Hammer 4 "Field of the Mists"
As the wiki says "This skill will not block attacks that are not on the same z-axis value as the player"

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:Renegade summons:Some are cc-able, some are not.

Which ones are/aren't?Having more details should be more helpful.

My guess is that by "some" are not cc-able, they refer to only Darkrazor, who pulses stability.Although I never paid attention to whether Darkrazor benefits from the Stability herself or not.

@Fueki.4753 said:

My guess is that by "some" are not cc-able, they refer to only Darkrazor, who pulses stability.Although I never paid attention to whether Darkrazor benefits from the Stability herself or not.

Oh, good point. That's why details are important and just writing "some" usually isn't enough :p You might be correct here, but I also never paid attention to that, so hard to say.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, good point. That's why details are important and just writing "some" usually isn't enough :p You might be correct here, but I also never paid attention to that, so hard to say.

iirc , my guildmate said pets from 6+0 are cc-able, 7,8,9 arent.

@Fueki.4753 said:

My guess is that by "some" are not cc-able, they refer to only Darkrazor, who pulses stability.it only gives stability upon spawn.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, Virdo.1540 said:

-the Herald Shield-4 Skill "Envoy of Exuberance"-has an tinier radius of the Protection-Application than the Healing has, but both have an lower radius than tooltip & "ranged placement" show-can still be blocked by an enemy with an bubble or an Immunity, even though it shouldnt hit any enemy.

Did some testing, the Description & AoE placement shows an radius of 240.

The cleansing through the trait "Hardening Persistence" has an 240 radius. 

The healing from the skill has an radius of ~120. The protection for allies has an radius of 60.

Might just be an wrong adjusted skill , or extreeeemely inconsistent and buggy

• Like 1

Ventari's Will can often clip through the terrain and "fall" beneath it. Once this happens, you generally have to destroy the tablet or swap legends if you want it to settle on the terrain again. I am not sure what exactly causes this to occur but as an example, it happens incredibly consistently near the SWT/SC area south of the bridge on Alpine Borderlands in WvW when moving it between the different elevation points. 

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908

This terrain issue with Ventari's Will also occurs in the Siren's Reef fractal when attempting to move the tablet from the shore onto the deck of the pirate ship in the final area. It may or may not relate to the distance of which the tablet travels, but the tablet occasionally can be moved onto the ship's deck if placed onto the ramp before trying to move it onto the ship.

16 minutes ago, Echo.6310 said:

This terrain issue with Ventari's Will also occurs in the Siren's Reef fractal when attempting to move the tablet from the shore onto the deck of the pirate ship in the final area. It may or may not relate to the distance of which the tablet travels, but the tablet occasionally can be moved onto the ship's deck if placed onto the ramp before trying to move it onto the ship.

I suspect it isn't related to the distance it travels because I walk around all the time with the tablet and generally no issues. It seems it is in some way related to elevation changes or variances in terrain, almost as if there is certain terrain where the "net" or "web" on the outer terrain is missing. Since the tablet behaves so uniquely in its pathing and where it can actually go, it's as if there are invisible holes in the terrain or something. I have no idea about this sort of thing--not much of a tech person--just a theory. Certainly an incredibly annoying bug though.

Unrelenting assault (Sword 3)  can still get you stuck in terrain. And the animation on male norn is still wonky, it should work just like the human animation where your body doesn't go full noodle.

It also still targets the sentry posts in WvW which causes it to loose damage. (Not the NpC the little shelves/poles next to them for some kitten reason.)

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hardening Persistence + Draconic Echo/Rising Momentum

The passive of "Facet of Nature" gives 2 stacks of hardening Persistence.

If the active of "Facet of Nature" is being used, 2 stacks of hardening persistence will drop. 

If the "ticking" from "Draconic Echo" ends, another 2 stacks will drop (shouldnt occur)

So you end up losing more stacks than you should have.

This bug does not appear to the Stacking-Trait "Steadfast Rejuvenation"

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...