Devs and players — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Devs and players

I say right away, I do not think that I will become poorer and the game as a whole is good in many respects, although there are disadvantages that cannot be corrected in any way, this applies to pve and pvp content, but now I have a situation like this!

I understand. that the developers need to support the project and how to make money, but this does not mean that the game, without a monthly subscription, should do this with the players, the game itself and add-ons are not cheap + store and the most important thing is slots for the character, for builds and equipment ... I'll run ahead and note right away that these slots have at least three development options, this is to make them completely free, the second option is to significantly reduce the price and the last option is to make sure that all slots (not only for builds, but also for equipment) apply to the entire account!

Let me explain why I raised this topic! I exchanged honestly earned gold and spent time for crystals, for 500 pieces of crystals I bought an equipment expansion slot, nowhere is it written that this slot applies only to one character, more precisely it says that this character is the entire account of this slot will not be distributed and after contacting support with a request to return the crystals to me, I was told no.

The conclusion is this, it is very expensive and stupid, not to give the opportunity to do such things for the entire account and not solve this issue in any way, either change your policy, or this was the last time I bought crystals and I do not advise anyone.
Google translator B)

Comments

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    First, the "equipment expansion slot" (I assume you meant the "bag slot expansion"? Or the "Equipment Template Expansion"?) does appear to say specify. According to the wiki, they both say: "Add an extra Equipment Template tab to the character" or "Add an extra bag slot to a character's inventory". In both cases, it says to "A character". It does not say account. If it is different in the game, then I guess that's an error. Maybe someone can confirm below?

    Second, let's go through your "expensive" claim. The game itself is what I would call very good value for money. It gives out a lot for the purchase price (I consider that the amount of content released in the expansions is worth the respective expansion price as well. Especially since you can get 1 for 2 at the moment) and no monthly subscription. Honestly, you get a lot of content and regular updates (I will not go through the quality of the updates/content as that is discussed at length on many other threads and the opinion will differ). As you then mentioned, none of the additional store expansions require actual money as you can buy them from in-game gold. The time this takes will vary between players. Beyond the purchase of the game itself, any other purchase is optional. You don't have to buy a new character slot. You want to buy one to play more of the game. You could always delete an old slot. Any add-ons (I assume you mean third-party add-ons) are optional. You do not need those to play the game. You have chosen to get them in order to make your gaming experience more efficient. No having any of these don't stop you from playing the game. They just restrict the way you can play it.

    Anet aren't completely stopping you from getting any of those without paying real money. Is it expensive in terms of time to buy using in-game gold? Arguably yes depending on the players. However, I don't think Anet is being unreasonable with this current process. If you remove this, then Anet will get even less income. The only reason players will have to pay real money after buying the games is for skins and..... get more gold in-game to buy whatever items they want from the TP.

    So while I can understand your displeasure at not realising that the slots were for one character only instead of account wide (I made that mistake too with a bag slot), I don't think that this justifies Anet changing their purchasing/account add-ons model. I think that if we are being honest, we would all want these to be free and instant from the start for selfish and lazy reasons. But the truth is, you can still get those for free albeit by spending time.

  • Dairak.3658Dairak.3658 Member ✭✭

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    Just to be clear, when you say it doesn't say it's per character anywhere, this is the actual text when you mouse over the Build Template Expansion in the gem store.

    "Add an extra build template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 3 additional template tabs."

    I'm not sure how you'd read that, but I think it's clear that each of those build template tabs are per character.

    Build storage expansion by that token is account wide and it says when you mouse over it, double click to add 3 spaces to this accounts Build Storage.

    I won't argue about other stuff you're saying (I don't love the system myself), but I really think if you're going to complain, you should check your facts first. Misinformation brings the entire content of the post into question.

    I repeat once again, it says open the equipment slot for this character, which is understandable, but nowhere is it written that this is specifically for one character, and not for the entire account.

  • Dairak.3658Dairak.3658 Member ✭✭

    @Martnor.1746 said:
    First, the "equipment expansion slot" (I assume you meant the "bag slot expansion"? Or the "Equipment Template Expansion"?) does appear to say specify. According to the wiki, they both say: "Add an extra Equipment Template tab to the character" or "Add an extra bag slot to a character's inventory". In both cases, it says to "A character". It does not say account. If it is different in the game, then I guess that's an error. Maybe someone can confirm below?

    Second, let's go through your "expensive" claim. The game itself is what I would call very good value for money. It gives out a lot for the purchase price (I consider that the amount of content released in the expansions is worth the respective expansion price as well. Especially since you can get 1 for 2 at the moment) and no monthly subscription. Honestly, you get a lot of content and regular updates (I will not go through the quality of the updates/content as that is discussed at length on many other threads and the opinion will differ). As you then mentioned, none of the additional store expansions require actual money as you can buy them from in-game gold. The time this takes will vary between players. Beyond the purchase of the game itself, any other purchase is optional. You don't have to buy a new character slot. You want to buy one to play more of the game. You could always delete an old slot. Any add-ons (I assume you mean third-party add-ons) are optional. You do not need those to play the game. You have chosen to get them in order to make your gaming experience more efficient. No having any of these don't stop you from playing the game. They just restrict the way you can play it.

    Anet aren't completely stopping you from getting any of those without paying real money. Is it expensive in terms of time to buy using in-game gold? Arguably yes depending on the players. However, I don't think Anet is being unreasonable with this current process. If you remove this, then Anet will get even less income. The only reason players will have to pay real money after buying the games is for skins and..... get more gold in-game to buy whatever items they want from the TP.

    So while I can understand your displeasure at not realising that the slots were for one character only instead of account wide (I made that mistake too with a bag slot), I don't think that this justifies Anet changing their purchasing/account add-ons model. I think that if we are being honest, we would all want these to be free and instant from the start for selfish and lazy reasons. But the truth is, you can still get those for free albeit by spending time.

    Everything you wrote is obvious! I've always been amazed at people who say the obvious and take the side of the developers! This is the same as standing with foam at the mouth and proving that this or me product is as cheap as possible, and you know the pricing and cost of products, such a concept ???
    And that's not even the point, it says that the slot is being added to the character, which is understandable, but for example, the slot for builds is opened for all characters on the account, and this one only for the one on which you bought!

    I believe that such things should be available for the entire account, they do not add anything except living history, which, to put it mildly, is not interesting at all, it would be better if they worked on the balance in pvp and normal pv content in the form of raids and dungeons, as in warcraft, because the dungeons are here for show, the role system is probably a better solution!

  • Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dairak.3658 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    Just to be clear, when you say it doesn't say it's per character anywhere, this is the actual text when you mouse over the Build Template Expansion in the gem store.

    "Add an extra build template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 3 additional template tabs."

    I'm not sure how you'd read that, but I think it's clear that each of those build template tabs are per character.

    Build storage expansion by that token is account wide and it says when you mouse over it, double click to add 3 spaces to this accounts Build Storage.

    I won't argue about other stuff you're saying (I don't love the system myself), but I really think if you're going to complain, you should check your facts first. Misinformation brings the entire content of the post into question.

    I repeat once again, it says open the equipment slot for this character, which is understandable, but nowhere is it written that this is specifically for one character, and not for the entire account.

    But it does say that you can get up to 3 on each character. That means that each character gets a different number. I understood it from reading it. Shrugs.

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dairak.3658 said:

    @Martnor.1746 said:
    First, the "equipment expansion slot" (I assume you meant the "bag slot expansion"? Or the "Equipment Template Expansion"?) does appear to say specify. According to the wiki, they both say: "Add an extra Equipment Template tab to the character" or "Add an extra bag slot to a character's inventory". In both cases, it says to "A character". It does not say account. If it is different in the game, then I guess that's an error. Maybe someone can confirm below?

    Second, let's go through your "expensive" claim. The game itself is what I would call very good value for money. It gives out a lot for the purchase price (I consider that the amount of content released in the expansions is worth the respective expansion price as well. Especially since you can get 1 for 2 at the moment) and no monthly subscription. Honestly, you get a lot of content and regular updates (I will not go through the quality of the updates/content as that is discussed at length on many other threads and the opinion will differ). As you then mentioned, none of the additional store expansions require actual money as you can buy them from in-game gold. The time this takes will vary between players. Beyond the purchase of the game itself, any other purchase is optional. You don't have to buy a new character slot. You want to buy one to play more of the game. You could always delete an old slot. Any add-ons (I assume you mean third-party add-ons) are optional. You do not need those to play the game. You have chosen to get them in order to make your gaming experience more efficient. No having any of these don't stop you from playing the game. They just restrict the way you can play it.

    Anet aren't completely stopping you from getting any of those without paying real money. Is it expensive in terms of time to buy using in-game gold? Arguably yes depending on the players. However, I don't think Anet is being unreasonable with this current process. If you remove this, then Anet will get even less income. The only reason players will have to pay real money after buying the games is for skins and..... get more gold in-game to buy whatever items they want from the TP.

    So while I can understand your displeasure at not realising that the slots were for one character only instead of account wide (I made that mistake too with a bag slot), I don't think that this justifies Anet changing their purchasing/account add-ons model. I think that if we are being honest, we would all want these to be free and instant from the start for selfish and lazy reasons. But the truth is, you can still get those for free albeit by spending time.

    Everything you wrote is obvious! I've always been amazed at people who say the obvious and take the side of the developers! This is the same as standing with foam at the mouth and proving that this or me product is as cheap as possible, and you know the pricing and cost of products, such a concept ???

    It is clearly not obvious as you stated that the method of buying new slots was "expensive and stupid". I merely demonstrated as to why it is not as expensive as you thought and merely inconvenient. I am not sure what you are then asking when you say "you know the pricing and cost of products, such a concept?". But I am going to assume that you are asking if I know how Anet price their products and make their money. I do not, but if make something free to the players, I believe it is safe to assume that this will be one less source of income for Anet. And as previously pointed out, as this is not a monthly subscription game, that will mean less potential monthly income.

    And that's not even the point, it says that the slot is being added to the character, which is understandable, but for example, the slot for builds is opened for all characters on the account, and this one only for the one on which you bought!

    That's because Anet have made it so Builds stored can be viewed by any of your characters. So it makes sense that your build storage is account-wide. Characters cannot view each others bag inventory slots so that's why these are character specific. Would I have liked that one expansion slot purchase affects all the characters? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I understand why Anet did it this way and it's not a game changer.

    I believe that such things should be available for the entire account, they do not add anything except living history, which, to put it mildly, is not interesting at all, it would be better if they worked on the balance in pvp and normal pv content in the form of raids and dungeons, as in warcraft, because the dungeons are here for show, the role system is probably a better solution!

    And that's my point, the slots don't add anything. They don't stop you from playing the game to its fullest. They are just quality of life extras which you can still get for free.

    @Dairak.3658 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    Just to be clear, when you say it doesn't say it's per character anywhere, this is the actual text when you mouse over the Build Template Expansion in the gem store.

    "Add an extra build template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 3 additional template tabs."

    I'm not sure how you'd read that, but I think it's clear that each of those build template tabs are per character.

    Build storage expansion by that token is account wide and it says when you mouse over it, double click to add 3 spaces to this accounts Build Storage.

    I won't argue about other stuff you're saying (I don't love the system myself), but I really think if you're going to complain, you should check your facts first. Misinformation brings the entire content of the post into question.

    I repeat once again, it says open the equipment slot for this character, which is understandable, but nowhere is it written that this is specifically for one character, and not for the entire account.

    The point here is that if the description says it is one way, then it is obviously not the other. So if I tell you that this kennel is for dogs only, are you going to say: Well, it does not specifically say that it is not for cats? So as the description says: It is for this character, then it is obviously not account wide and for the other characters as well.

  • Carcharoth Lucian.1378Carcharoth Lucian.1378 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2021

    @Martnor.1746 and @Dairak.3658

    The description must be a bit confusing since there were a lot of posts about this when they first released it. They even made a video to explain how their "templates" work (imagine A-net made an actual tuto video ^^) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEeVr9mOn3U

    As for the "expensive" part, well, that depends on you. For example, some will think that the 10k golds infusions are expensive while some others will find it cheap.

    To add some facts, here what we have : (i will just quote myself from another post^^ -> lazy)

    • Equipment Template (=loadout) Expansions are character-bound and cost 500 gems each
    • Build Template (=loadout) Expansions are character-bound and cost 300 gems each
    • Build Storage (=template) Expansions are acount-bound and cost 500 gems for a 3-pack

    Let's do some Maths next :
    Disclamer : i will take a low gold to gem conversion rate here with 32 gold = 100 gems (it's higher at the moment)

    • For one character it will cost you 500x4 (Equipment Template)+300x3 (Build Template) = 2900 gems = 928 golds = 36.25 euros
    • For 9 characters (one by class available) : 9x2900 = 26100 gems = 326.25 euros
    • For your account : 8 Build Storage Expansions : 500x8 = 4000 gems = 1280 gold = 50 euros
    • So in total 30100 gems = 9632 golds = 376.25 euros

    Carcharoth Lucian/Mini Chibii
    Ruin of Surmia world
    PvE : [CdL] Les Chasseurs De Légendes
    WvW : [MIMs] Mobile Ingénieuse Et Marteau

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It would be nice if these slots would be account-wide unlocks.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Martnor.1746Martnor.1746 Member ✭✭✭

    @Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:
    @Martnor.1746 and @Dairak.3658

    The description must be a bit confusing since there were a lot of posts about this when they first released it. They even made a video to explain how their "templates" work (imagine A-net made an actual tuto video ^^) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEeVr9mOn3U

    As for the "expensive" part, well, that depends on you. For example, some will think that the 10k golds infusions are expensive while some others will find it cheap.

    To add some facts, here what we have : (i will just quote myself from another post^^ -> lazy)

    • Equipment Template (=loadout) Expansions are character-bound and cost 500 gems each
    • Build Template (=loadout) Expansions are character-bound and cost 300 gems each
    • Build Storage (=template) Expansions are acount-bound and cost 500 gems for a 3-pack

    Let's do some Maths next :
    Disclamer : i will take a low gold to gem conversion rate here with 32 gold = 100 gems (it's higher at the moment)

    • For one character it will cost you 500x4 (Equipment Template)+300x3 (Build Template) = 2900 gems = 928 golds = 36.25 euros
    • For 9 characters (one by class available) : 9x2900 = 26100 gems = 326.25 euros
    • For your account : 8 Build Storage Expansions : 500x8 = 4000 gems = 1280 gold = 50 euros
    • So in total 30100 gems = 9632 golds = 376.25 euros

    That's actually a good video and a good summary above. But what I think OP is saying is that the description for the item does not specifically say that it is not account wide. So taking the description for the "Equipment Template expansion slot":

    _"Double-click to consume.
    Add an extra Equipment Template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 4 additional Equipment Template tabs.

    Equipment Template tabs allow a character to swap to an additional set of equipment. "_

    From the above, as it says "Add an extra Equipment Template tab to the character", I would think that it is clearly stated that this would affect the character that you use this on only and would therefore not be account-wide. Unless you are speed reading through it, I think it is fairly straightforward.

    As for the "expensive" part, given that OP brought in monthly subscription, I assumed that he was upset at having to spend real money for it. But as previously stated, gems can be obtained from in-game gold and therefore does not have to be purchased using real money. Let's be clear, I am fully aware, and have previously acknowledged, that getting the necessary amount of gold from playing only can take time. All I was stating is that Anet have given players two options to get those expansions:
    1- Gold from playing and therefore not to pay a penny IRL
    2- Use real money for convenience
    So I believe that Anet have not made this "pay to win" so to speak and have been reasonable in that it is not inaccessible for players who don't want to spend real money. Will it be time-consuming to unlock all the slots for all your characters? Yes it will! But as far as real money is concerned, it does not have to cost unless you want to.

  • @Dairak.3658 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    Just to be clear, when you say it doesn't say it's per character anywhere, this is the actual text when you mouse over the Build Template Expansion in the gem store.

    "Add an extra build template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 3 additional template tabs."

    I'm not sure how you'd read that, but I think it's clear that each of those build template tabs are per character.

    Build storage expansion by that token is account wide and it says when you mouse over it, double click to add 3 spaces to this accounts Build Storage.

    I won't argue about other stuff you're saying (I don't love the system myself), but I really think if you're going to complain, you should check your facts first. Misinformation brings the entire content of the post into question.

    I repeat once again, it says open the equipment slot for this character, which is understandable, but nowhere is it written that this is specifically for one character, and not for the entire account.

    eh, it says exactly that 'for this character'. It can't be more specific.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @Dairak.3658 said:

    @Vayne.8563 said:
    Just to be clear, when you say it doesn't say it's per character anywhere, this is the actual text when you mouse over the Build Template Expansion in the gem store.

    "Add an extra build template tab to the character. Each character can unlock up to 3 additional template tabs."

    I'm not sure how you'd read that, but I think it's clear that each of those build template tabs are per character.

    Build storage expansion by that token is account wide and it says when you mouse over it, double click to add 3 spaces to this accounts Build Storage.

    I won't argue about other stuff you're saying (I don't love the system myself), but I really think if you're going to complain, you should check your facts first. Misinformation brings the entire content of the post into question.

    I repeat once again, it says open the equipment slot for this character, which is understandable, but nowhere is it written that this is specifically for one character, and not for the entire account.

    eh, it says exactly that 'for this character'. It can't be more specific.

    Exactly like this poster say why should it say what it dont do.
    Instead of as now what it do.

  • mercury ranique.2170mercury ranique.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

    if there was any reason for you to have misread the label, you would have made a fair point. But in this case the label does specifically state Character. Nowhere does it state account and the reason you misread it cause you filled something in that was not there.

    What you can do:
    1: stop the entitlement. you where the one who misread it. The label was correct.
    2: open a support ticket and explain your mistake (again, do not be entitled as it was your own mistake)
    3: explain how you assumed it would be account wide and didn't read the label properly.
    4: explain that you find the pricing too steep for the product and ask for a refund

    Please understand the answer can be no.