EoD expansion should have new RAID - Page 13 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

EoD expansion should have new RAID

1789101113>

Comments

• Vilin.8056Vilin.8056 Member ✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:
    So, you're saying that it's completely normal for casuals to use third-party sites - and more normal than for hardcores to do the same.

Ok, i'm done here. I understand that this is 1st of April, but that's way too much of a joke for me to take in.

Yup, the joke already started when TP Barons are associated as hardcores.
    And where is your statistics to prove these assumptions true and how it relate to the whole of gw2 community (and why)?

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    Agreed. And Mike Z even said that they are going to put more emphasis on repeatable content because having unique assets and mechanics in a story instance that players play only once (or even not once) is a total waste of resources.

Drms and strikes have been pmuch this tho i wonder if this is smth thats gonna stick around post ibs or if it will get the raids treatment.

• ButterPeanut.9746ButterPeanut.9746 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021

@zealex.9410 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    Agreed. And Mike Z even said that they are going to put more emphasis on repeatable content because having unique assets and mechanics in a story instance that players play only once (or even not once) is a total waste of resources.

Drms and strikes have been pmuch this tho i wonder if this is smth thats gonna stick around post ibs or if it will get the raids treatment.

This is what I want them to explore more completely. I don't see a reason why a single set of "assets" in an EOD zone/story couldn't include:
    1. Story content
    2. "Scalable group story content with option challenge motes" (aka DRMs but not called that, because the name Dragon Response Missions may not make sense)
    3. 10man strike missions
    4. 10man raids

If the design/asset part is truly a large proportion of what makes raid development difficult, then remove that component. Share the assets and make it one overlapping zone/story with different level of difficulty.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

This is what I want them to explore more completely. I don't see a reason why a single set of "assets" in an EOD zone/story couldn't include:
    1. Story content
    2. "Scalable group story content with option challenge motes" (aka DRMs but not called that, because the name Dragon Response Missions may not make sense)
    3. 10man strike missions
    4. 10man raids

If the design/asset part is truly a large proportion of what makes raid development difficult, then remove that component. Share the assets and make it one overlapping zone/story with different level of difficulty.

I don't think that's the case though ... the design/asset part didn't prevent previous raid releases to be created, so it's strange to think it's the reason they stopped developing raids. I know people are loathe to admit it .. but raids were just not popular enough to justify their sustained development.

Abuse from people that tell you how to play is not a reason to change a class in a game that is designed and works to allow you to play how you want.

• @Obtena.7952 said:

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

1. Story content
    3. 10man strike missions
    4. 10man raids

I don't think that's the case though ... the design/asset part didn't prevent previous raid releases to be created, so it's strange to think it's the reason they stopped developing raids. I know people are loathe to admit it .. but raids were just not popular enough to justify their sustained development.

Oh I don't necessarily believe it was the reason they stopped, but rather when they were making raids there were comments by the developers that the asset design was a large piece of it.