If gold is needed for pvp to survive, it is garbage.... — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

If gold is needed for pvp to survive, it is garbage....

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I see people who say if you remove gold from pvp, it will kill pvp.

My thought at first is always, they are probably not a pvp-er, late bloomer, hobby botter, or just like to argue.

Even if it kills pvp, that probably means the reward system is bad, and the prestige system is terrible.

Pve needs a gold boost, and probably wvw, but pvp doesn't.

Generally you can get the most out of pvp without paying gold, and the fact that any rune or amulet ever cost gold tells me the whole shabang is wack.

PvP needs to be prestige only.

If it kills the mode, then you need to create a prestige reward system, and if that isnt it, time to reconsider conquest.

Balance is also an issue.

A pvp without support is best in this game mode.

Boost, create, and implement more ways to kill.

Support should not be viable, as it leads to tanks, and bunkers and tears.

Side noders are ok if the limit is 2, and they run or die at 3

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
Fun Daredevil

Comments

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    also, the naysayers have had their reign for 20 something seasons, and it only proved that the no golders were right

    where is the evidence that players wont leave with gold, and that more bots wont come?

    lol

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

  • razaelll.8324razaelll.8324 Member ✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

  • razaelll.8324razaelll.8324 Member ✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    Good point.

  • BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

  • razaelll.8324razaelll.8324 Member ✭✭✭

    @BadMed.3846 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

    That is a fair point. The only thing which worries me is that when there is encouraging for winning or getting better only and none for participating in pvp that also usually leads to very toxic behaviour , people start blaming each other for loosing and such environment is usually very bad for new players.

  • BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @BadMed.3846 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

    That is a fair point. The only thing which worries me is that when there is encouraging for winning or getting better only and none for participating in pvp that also usually leads to very toxic behaviour , people start blaming each other for loosing and such environment is usually very bad for new players.

    I think players will be encouraged to participate for rewards and recognition. Winning is always going to one of the outcomes for each game. Getting better or not is up to the individual. People reach a skill ceiling and that’s to be respected. May it be bronze 3 or plat 3, they should be able to enjoy the experience.
    Unfortunately, there is no answer to toxic behaviour in pvp. Block and move on is the best option.

  • razaelll.8324razaelll.8324 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021

    @BadMed.3846 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @BadMed.3846 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:

    @razaelll.8324 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I wouldn't mind if they would remove gold from pvp and player that only would like the pvp in general would stay, but on the other hand I like getting gold To make gear for wvw/raids etc...

    Tho if rewards and not fun are the only thing people playing this mode you know there is something going wrong

    Either people can't play games with blink blink or the game has massiv problems with matchmaking, balancing, unfun meta and no interest at all changing it since they let a quater person work on it, that can't even change skills only numbers

    Cant you play the mode for both (rewards and for fun) i know that there are better ways to farm gold, but i personally prefer to do it in pvp since its more fun than doing it in PVE in my opinion. Ofcourse even if they remove gold i will continue PvP since thats the mode i enjoy most, but why the rewards need to go?

    I see it same as you, but gold Farming encourages bots and some players do it only for the gold and do not really play pvp

    At the begging of gw2, pvp gave only skins, but pretty sweet skins, like vulcanos, dwayna skins etc...
    All weapons that where craft able.

    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the only solution to botting. Limit rewards to account bound items only. Currency that can’t be traded in any way. Bots will disappear.

    That is a fair point. The only thing which worries me is that when there is encouraging for winning or getting better only and none for participating in pvp that also usually leads to very toxic behaviour , people start blaming each other for loosing and such environment is usually very bad for new players.

    I think players will be encouraged to participate for rewards and recognition. Winning is always going to one of the outcomes for each game. Getting better or not is up to the individual. People reach a skill ceiling and that’s to be respected. May it be bronze 3 or plat 3, they should be able to enjoy the experience.
    Unfortunately, there is no answer to toxic behaviour in pvp. Block and move on is the best option.

    True. Just GW2 is famous among the MMORPG comunity as the MMORPG with the most friendly community and i hope it stays that way.

    The other answer for bots is if there is only team Q, but i hope that does not get implemented, because team Q only is the best way to drive new people away from pvp. The WoW pvp community is crying for solo Q from years because at the moment you spend much more time waiting to find a group of people in LFG instead of actually playing the game.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Gold is nice general support to game mode is bad

    Tue amount of bots isnt something impossible to deal with, i dare to say the number of bots are below 30

    If a player is afking cuz he does not care winning, again, he does so cuz he doesnt get any punishment, in this case a soft ban (24 hours) would probably be enough

    Prestige system at this point is meaningless cuz you know, you can duo q to prestige, q dodge to prestige, wintrade to prestige and play super low pop hours to prestige. In other words there isnt much prestige left.

    I personally wouldnt mind if they removed gold from season reward but make league tickets and ascended boxes not to have cap, but i guess most ppl would not like this.

    I could be wrong, but this problem with a day of work and 30 min weekly maintenance could be solved.

  • Daishi.6027Daishi.6027 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I concur on several points.

    I am currently lacking the inclination to rehash old arguments and bring up points about the old days before we even had rewards worth a kitten.

    But ultimately bots will leave, A-net will be shown the exact depth of the population; and if it dies it deserves it's death.
    Besides prestige rewards will pull in more real players anyways... But only if the PvP is good, but that requires balance.
    Oh no... I guess I just figured out why it will never happen.

    I don't quite know how toxicity for encouraging and rewarding winning is an issue in a competitive setting... That's literally the nature of competition. Respecting your opponent and the whole "I wouldn't be here if I didn't have these people as opponents" mentality only really seems to be upheld in martial arts. But it's a non point anyways attitudes in this game are fairly toxic too.

  • Nilkemia.8507Nilkemia.8507 Member ✭✭✭

    So basically it seems what people want now is the old glory system back?

  • Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I like to pvp, that is why i joined this game. I however would probably pvp even less if there were no rewards. Many things costs a lot of gold in gw2 or require certain items. If i can combine what i enjoy (or did at least, thanks to current meta i frankly barely queue anymore), pvp that is, and make gold on the side, it is a win win. Bots will be always a problem. If anything support need to be better. In LoL and OW i get rewarded for pvp why not here?

    You think bot problem will be solved w/o rewards? Not really. They will be shifted somewhere else. So you are happy as long as it doesn't affect you, doesn't it? You also miss the point that once rewards are gone the community will be really small. Like really small. You enjoy getting spawn camped by few vets that still play this game? Well then.

    Meh~

  • Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ah here it is thread number 2.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    how about we remove gold from raids, only people that like to raid will raid am I rite? they will SURELY do it for achivements " prestige rewards " right?
    how about we remove rewards from fractals, people will do them for sure, for fractal god title right? for PRESTIGE alone right ?

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you playing for long enough you'll remember when dungeons used to give 1 to 3g per path. Then they moved those rewards to fracs and raids, now you barely see dungeon groups compared to what they were. The only dungeons that are half alive are the ones envolving precursor collection progress.

    Expect the same from pvp.

  • Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2021

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the sweetspot, I think. There has to be some reward system here. It doesn't need to be explicitly gold, though.
    Just keep in mind that if you want players to give them a second glance, they would have to be attractive, attainable, and exclusive, and PVE completionists generally hate that last bit.

    The "Balance" is a fantasy -- another mortal superstition.

  • Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭

    This game is made for farming gold. People do fractals to farm gold, not because they like them. Same with metas. So ye, for 99% of players, gold is the point of pvp (i dont care about gold personally, but it would be nice if its boosted so more people play).

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Removing rewards from PvP means removing players from PvP.
    Having even less players is the last thing PvP needs.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    i don't know if you were around at the time or not, but back when pvp barely had a pulse (the old pvp map) rewards were at the top of the list of things pvpers wanted. anet gave it to them. the solution is not to remove gold completely, as gold is necessary to buy things, and people like buying things. the trick is to make it not as profitable as other farms. thats it.

    edit
    wait, 2 weeks ago you made a post about leaving gold as is, but increasing gold for winning and awarding streaks? so what made you change your mind so quickly?
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/124556/leave-the-pvp-rewards-for-losing-as-is-increase-the-amount-for-winning-and-even-award-streaks#latest

    I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

    Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

    I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

    @Fueki.4753 said:
    Removing rewards from PvP means removing players from PvP.
    Having even less players is the last thing PvP needs.

    They should change the rewards to a prestige type, even if it can be grinded, but i dont think the gold is what is keeping the "players"

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

    Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

    I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

    theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

    te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

  • jpsssss.7530jpsssss.7530 Member ✭✭✭

    Nah WvW needs a phat buff. like the biggest source of gold you get is from DAILIES.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

    Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

    I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

    theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

    I wouldn't mind being on a team of winning bots.

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    They should change the rewards to a prestige type, even if it can be grinded, but i dont think the gold is what is keeping the "players"

    Even not counting the bots, the amount of players doing PvP for monetary rewards is not small.
    So losing these players, who definitely would leave if monetary rewards were removed, would be a massive blow to PvP.

    Given the rampant match manipulation and the AoE, CC and condi spam clown festival that PvP has been degraded into, prestige literally means nothing.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    One of the issue of the game is that if players don't make a profit out of what they do they will turn themself toward a different activity. ANet was forced to put gold into sPvP in order to keep it alive.

    It might be infuriating but the reason bots flock into sPvP is that the gamemode ask for simple patern. It's basically puting a character on a farm spot.

    I've seen players talking about dungeon/fractal/raid rewards in this thread and the fact is that coding bots to complete those automatically would be a lot more taxing then coding a bot for sPvP.

  • Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

    Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

    I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

    theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

    I wouldn't mind being on a team of winning bots.

    5x Barrier Support Minion Scourge bots on the same team would probably beat teams of g3 or lower players in ATs.

  • Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    I made that post as a devil's advocate to keep the gold, and to see what the general pvp forum crowd would say.

    Of course, some of the same people who said don't take gold away, also they said don't give more gold to winners lol.

    I like to see the mental duality in the forum posters responses.

    theres no duality about it. more gold = better farm = more bots.

    I wouldn't mind being on a team of winning bots.

    5x Barrier Support Minion Scourge bots on the same team would probably beat teams of g3 or lower players in ATs.

    And here is actually the problem. Aside from support ignoring the bots (by the looks of it at least), the class balance allows bots to be THIS effective.

    Meh~

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2021

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    I've seen players talking about dungeon/fractal/raid rewards in this thread and the fact is that coding bots to complete those automatically would be a lot more taxing then coding a bot for sPvP.

    how? its the same encounter every time. there might be more to code, but wouldn't it be guaranteed to work once you got it down and better gold?

    te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2021

    @Stand The Wall.6987 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    I've seen players talking about dungeon/fractal/raid rewards in this thread and the fact is that coding bots to complete those automatically would be a lot more taxing then coding a bot for sPvP.

    how? its the same encounter every time. there might be more to code, but wouldn't it be guaranteed to work once you got it down and better gold?

    On one side (sPvP) you have a command that say: "go to X;Y and guard the area". (Which is probably also the same standard code for open PvE farm spots)
    On the other side (Dungeon/fractal/raid) you need commands to: "Go there and beat boss, then go there and solve puzzle Y, escort NPC F, then go there and beat boss Z... etc." (You've got high probability of pathing issue, encounter bugs from wild mobs, escort failure... etc. You'd have to code your bots for each and every dungeon path.)

    However simple you put it, the amount of coding necessary for these PvE activities is a lot higher than the amount needed for sPvP. Thus why I say it's more "taxing".

  • Play another game, the entire game is gold farming, pointless discussion

  • WindBlade.8749WindBlade.8749 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2021

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    how about we remove gold from raids, only people that like to raid will raid am I rite? they will SURELY do it for achivements " prestige rewards " right?
    how about we remove rewards from fractals, people will do them for sure, for fractal god title right? for PRESTIGE alone right ?

    how about we remove gold from openworld meta event, they are fun and cooperative and people will still do them for fun right ?
    wait i need to do this old meta event that give no reward in core for an old achievement/collection i'm sure i will find many people to help me.

    The argument of "BuT it's FuN and it's should be enough is stupid, you can remove all reward of all gamemode since they all are fun for people playing them i'm sure everyone will be happy and the game will go on fine"

  • Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @WindBlade.8749 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    how about we remove gold from raids, only people that like to raid will raid am I rite? they will SURELY do it for achivements " prestige rewards " right?
    how about we remove rewards from fractals, people will do them for sure, for fractal god title right? for PRESTIGE alone right ?

    how about we remove gold from openworld meta event, they are fun and cooperative and people will still do them for fun right ?
    wait i need to do this old meta event that give no reward in core for an old achievement/collection i'm sure i will find many people to help me.

    The argument of "BuT it's FuN and it's should be enough is stupid, you can remove all reward of all gamemode since they all are fun for people playing them i'm sure everyone will be happy and the game will go on fine"

    People. Just have more fun when they get rewarded and sadly that is an issue, there are plenty of old games that give nor rewards at all but people playing it for fun

    Look at quake, say of defeat souec3, counter strike 1.6 call of duty 1&2 non of them games has rewards but still an active player base ,because the games are fun

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @WindBlade.8749 said:

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    how about we remove gold from raids, only people that like to raid will raid am I rite? they will SURELY do it for achivements " prestige rewards " right?
    how about we remove rewards from fractals, people will do them for sure, for fractal god title right? for PRESTIGE alone right ?

    how about we remove gold from openworld meta event, they are fun and cooperative and people will still do them for fun right ?
    wait i need to do this old meta event that give no reward in core for an old achievement/collection i'm sure i will find many people to help me.

    The argument of "BuT it's FuN and it's should be enough is stupid, you can remove all reward of all gamemode since they all are fun for people playing them i'm sure everyone will be happy and the game will go on fine"

    yea, I wanted to do LS3/4 legendaries. I was at home sick, looking at the map every 2h, for 10 days, every day.
    Not once was it done so I gave up on the trinkets. People dont play them cuz dragonfall/drizzle > any other meta.
    Fun has nothing to do with it as meta events are not fun to begin with.
    When 5v5 season ended my friends legit stopped playing the game, and I personally started losing interest, now that its back me and them are back to playing.
    Like sure gold rewards are not everything but this is freaking MMO and people are expecting to be rewarded for effort and time put into it.

  • Shaogin.2679Shaogin.2679 Member ✭✭✭

    Removing rewards excludes PvP players from other game modes. I like to play PvP, but I also need to farm gold and mats to craft some Legendaries. I have limited time to play the game. If I can farm that gold and mats while playing PvP, then I will go enjoy some PvP. If I get none of that from PvP, then I have to delegate my time accordingly and go play PvE content. I enjoy PvP, but this is an MMO so of course I also play other areas of the game, and those areas require me to obtain a bunch of gold and mats to get the shiny things I want.

    As for bots, they exist simply because it is easy for them to exist. This Ranked Solo Queue setup is a breeding ground for bots and the worst type of toxic trolls. There is nothing you can do to stop them from being on your team, and if you want to win, you will carry them. Carry them or lose, those are your only options. In PvE, we have LFG, we don't willingly decide to carry bots through content. So unless they designed bots capable of farming fractals by their selves, they can't survive in PvE content. So long as Solo Queue exists, bots will exist.

    Doc Von Doom

  • memausz.7264memausz.7264 Member ✭✭✭

    Goodness, the people arguing against increases of gold in PvP because more bots... BOTS will always be around. They are more likely to farm NPC enemies in Drizzlewood than to be scripted in PvP. Also, without gold rewards in PvP, it would a REAL chore to get enough potions to build up guild halls or to get the armor and weapon skins that are PvP exclusive.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021

    @Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

    @Avatar.3568 said:
    I would Like to see if they would remove gold and mats and stuff from pvp and gave challenges to get legendary gear, just many challenges, challenges that encourages players to get better in pvp and not stupidly grind it

    This is the sweetspot, I think. There has to be some reward system here. It doesn't need to be explicitly gold, though.
    Just keep in mind that if you want players to give them a second glance, they would have to be attractive, attainable, and exclusive, and PVE completionists generally hate that last bit.

    @Leonidrex.5649 said:
    how about we remove gold from raids, only people that like to raid will raid am I rite? they will SURELY do it for achivements " prestige rewards " right?
    how about we remove rewards from fractals, people will do them for sure, for fractal god title right? for PRESTIGE alone right ?

    @memausz.7264 said:
    Goodness, the people arguing against increases of gold in PvP because more bots... BOTS will always be around. They are more likely to farm NPC enemies in Drizzlewood than to be scripted in PvP. Also, without gold rewards in PvP, it would a REAL chore to get enough potions to build up guild halls or to get the armor and weapon skins that are PvP exclusive.

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    They should change the rewards to a prestige type, even if it can be grinded, but i dont think the gold is what is keeping the "players"

    Even not counting the bots, the amount of players doing PvP for monetary rewards is not small.
    So losing these players, who definitely would leave if monetary rewards were removed, would be a massive blow to PvP.

    Given the rampant match manipulation and the AoE, CC and condi spam clown festival that PvP has been degraded into, prestige literally means nothing.

    They need to replace the rewards from being liquid gold to more pvp related rewards and currencies.

    More potions, a little overhaul on the rewards given to the reward tracks, some new token to allow players to earn an extra mark. Some kind of currency to allow players to simply buy skins from pve the ones that you normally have to go do pve events for (not just the headpiece or 1 piece, but all pieces, and separate from the dungeon currencies).

    A new type of pvp emote, change the rank emote to be usable in combat.

    Separate the rating badges between season mode types so players don't lose a conquest badge just because they are not into the 2v2, 3v3, ect, and vice-versa.

    PvP capes, armor, unique head pieves not part of armor.

    Yes a win base grindeable gizmo maybe, like a floating rubber band ball and a title saying "you don't know when to quit"

    A different color dragon emote for every 80 ranks you possess, up to a point

    They should consider teams, if it can insulate against against bots.

    It seems 5 players on cheeze can best the "real best" in the game, haven't we seen it recently in Mats?

    Maybe no need to worry about farming bad players.

    pvp isn't a place to make friends, it is a place to crush your enemies

    Promotion of guild based events, creation of guild based tournaments, requirements to be in the guild on the team to participate, recognition of guilds in the mists, this is "guild" wars, not solo wars 2.....

    if i am wrong, the next game can be called solo wars 2 - u

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

  • georgessj.4198georgessj.4198 Member ✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:
    I see people who say if you remove gold from pvp, it will kill pvp.

    Why you say people instead of bot users?? only they have something to lose if gold gets removed not us.

  • Arziki.8129Arziki.8129 Member ✭✭
    edited March 28, 2021

    Do you really play PVP for the rewards? for the gold? in pve, gold falls many times more. the only reason why I go to ruin pvp games is because this is the only way to get legendary skins, for example. I also ruin games because there are achievements. also because the calibration system keeps giving me gold. although my level of play is clearly somewhere around silver or bronze.I basically do not understand the reason why I need to make an effort to play pvp when I was forced there by forcibly placing the above things there.I don't understand why I have to strain myself and spend a lot of time getting these things.Do you think I have nothing better to do? I thought this kind of incentive scheme died a long time ago. the only thing I would like is that the rewards that are given for winning the monthly tournament (which are obviously not achievable for me), and all the others, can be obtained in an alternative way. all this adds up to outrage over poor players.

    Personally, my foot will not be in the pvp as soon as I can take out everything I can and no matter how long it takes.and it's not gold. for example, 1 legendary set = 6 \ 9 seasons of ruin(one already exists). until then, my teammates will have to put up with my terrible game. new players will also have to endure.that may discourage them from playing further. Unfortunately, I didn't invent this system. but in my opinion, you want to change the wrong aspects.

    played all night defeats 20 wins 5. tons of insults.calls for suicide. am I to blame just because I want legendary skins and achievements?

    oh and of course I forgot to mention the wonderful balance

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Gold belongs everywhere in the game no matter how much you otherwise think.

    Most rewards are uniformly placed across the game, asking for more uniques which we already have will do nothing. PvE has obviously more and for the motivation to play the actual game that once obtained it has no replay value unlike PvP being PvP like any other game which is always considered end game, but that's still outside the point you're trying to prove.

    People don't want to play PvP because it's scary, because it takes effort, because it takes time. In a game where everyone is always globally rewarded , you should not be expecting players to be competitive at all, why watch myself die over and over as I try to get better, or learn about things that don't matter to me when I probably play the same thing over and over.

    Trying to blame PvP for everything is wrong, the community definitely has some flaws itself too, should you actually find anyone that's open to learn and be better around any corner, you'll find rarely anyone. In the end that's the reason why the game mode suffers.

    Willing to help with anything Revenant related.
    twitch.tv/shaoaz

  • razaelll.8324razaelll.8324 Member ✭✭✭

    @Crab Fear.1624 said:

    pvp isn't a place to make friends, it is a place to crush your enemies

    Its 5vs5 you need friends to crush your enemies so it is a place for both