Kits Useless for Bounties?

Jack O Lights.9312

I was knocking out some dailies the other day and doing bounties, and I noticed something peculiar when looking at my combat log: bounty creatures seemed to always evade my grenades and mortars. I swapped to bombs, same thing. I thought, well, maybe it is because AoE, let me try my flamethrower. Nope, evades that too. At that point I gave up and switched to turrets (which did hit) and just using base p/p, but has anyone else noticed this? I should also say it was only with the kits 1-5 attacks, the f-skills granted by having a kit equipped seemed to hit no issue.

I didn't done bounties in a while, but it will probably be one of random modifiers (Phase-Shifted), where boss avoid attacks outside of designated areas (melee to mid range, or mid to semi-long range).You probably had bad luck and tried attack from range when you could only attack at melee, and when tried melee you could only attack at range.

@NiBlack.3149 said:I didn't done bounties in a while, but it will probably be one of random modifiers (Phase-Shifted), where boss avoid attacks outside of designated areas (melee to mid range, or mid to semi-long range).You probably had bad luck and tried attack from range when you could only attack at melee, and when tried melee you could only attack at range.

This ^ is the mechanic for MANY of them, especially the Legendary bounties

@Jack O Lights.9312 said:I was knocking out some dailies the other day and doing bounties, and I noticed something peculiar when looking at my combat log: bounty creatures seemed to always evade my grenades and mortars. I swapped to bombs, same thing. I thought, well, maybe it is because AoE, let me try my flamethrower. Nope, evades that too. At that point I gave up and switched to turrets (which did hit) and just using base p/p, but has anyone else noticed this? I should also say it was only with the kits 1-5 attacks, the f-skills granted by having a kit equipped seemed to hit no issue.

Maybe you had a bounty with the phase-shifted abbility. They evade attacks if you are not in the indicated range.

Archived