Should ANET publish engagement stats?

I'm a data nerd. I'd love to see some comparisons of engagement and class distribution in PVP over time. How much have these changes from a year ago helped the game's engagement? Are we growing/stalling/receding as a population? Would love to measure changes in player win rates and activity over time and look for associations with patch notes. Data scientist's dream data set. Does Anet have one (hopefully a few)?

@SteepledHat.1345 said:I'm a data nerd. I'd love to see some comparisons of engagement and class distribution in PVP over time. How much have these changes from a year ago helped the game's engagement? Are we growing/stalling/receding as a population? Would love to measure changes in player win rates and activity over time and look for associations with patch notes. Data scientist's dream data set. Does Anet have one (hopefully a few)?

They won't in a million years...their mess of a balance would be apparent to the whole world this time

@SteepledHat.1345 said:

@Filip.7463 said:You can do it on your own

Please elaborate? Is the required info exposed in the API?

They manage to pull WoWs numbers even tho they hide them, super data and more seem quite good sources to find such things out.

I don't know how they manage to figure it out. but it's doable, the last estimate I've heard on GW2 was 500k players.

The big problem would be as base gw2 is F2p it means all accounts remain active.. and it's a b2p on expansions so sales can't notable track anything to establish raw numbers.

GW2 popularity likely flux's continuously. It's effectively designed to be a game you play. Then can leave for any amount of time and return later.

Not to mention people are currently using steel series discount codes to buy 80+ accounts to make gold off log in rewards.

So yeah. Physically impossible. The sales numbers wouldn't even be able to estimate the playerbase.

But I'd imagine gw2 is perma spiking up and down permanantly realistically. The games not built to be a main game nor a long term only game. More of a thing you log on at times to play some content with friends.