The current state of Power buff (PvE)

Kain Francois.4328

It has been years, years! And yet, Power Warrior is still the laughing joke of the PvE community.

A traitline called STRENGTH has virtually no power-based traits bar Berserker's Power. Everything else revolves around defense and condition damage.

Our one niche, Phalanx Strength, is being out-done by a condi build with significantly higher damage. A bow does more damage than a Greatsword.

This is crazy bizarro wacko world.

The sky is falling, Scarlet is alive again, Glint's legacy is a Choya, power warrior is DEAD!

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Up is down, left is right, hamburgers eat people kind of crazy bizarro? But yes I'm in the camp of power needs a big boost, or condi needs a HUGE nerf (my vote right now would be fore the latter, we don't need more power creep in this game we need less).

Why would you nerf both?It wouldn't fix the power creep it would just make warrior weaker everywhere.

@TheSlothArmada.6709 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Up is down, left is right, hamburgers eat people kind of crazy bizarro? But yes I'm in the camp of power needs a big boost, or condi needs a HUGE nerf (my vote right now would be fore the latter, we don't need more power creep in this game we need less).

Why would you nerf both?It wouldn't fix the power creep it would just make warrior weaker everywhere.

I wouldn't nerf both? Power needs a boost, or condi needs a nerf. I don't think I'd do both because you know actually balancing a game means doing one thing at a time instead of changing a bajillion things and hope you didn't imbalance the game even more.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I wouldn't nerf both? Power needs a boost, or condi needs a nerf. I don't think I'd do both because you know actually balancing a game means doing one thing at a time instead of changing a bajillion things and hope you didn't imbalance the game even more.

Oh lol, I meant why would you nerf condition warrior.

Oh lol, I meant why would you nerf condition warrior.

Oh I'm saying nerf conditions across the board on all professions, some professions would need a bigger nerf bat than others. I'm also not saying we wouldn't boost power, I just wouldn't do it all at the same time we do condi builds. I'd hate to nerf conditions too much while boosting power and then we'd have it lopsided the other direction. I also think Anet should be doing balance patches every month.

I don't understand what's going on with warrior. Why is power so useless? When did that happen? Did they nerf it in the past or has it always been like this? If they did nerf it, why? I mean, there are other classes where condition damage makes a lot more sense. Warrior just makes you think power. I actually made my warrior because I had the berserker gear to bring over to it but then I find it's useless when compared to running vipers... wtf?

I'm not gonna re-gear the warrior for condition dmg. If I wanted to play condition I would choose a different profession.

@Saraneth.6021 said:I don't understand what's going on with warrior. Why is power so useless? When did that happen? Did they nerf it in the past or has it always been like this? If they did nerf it, why? I mean, there are other classes where condition damage makes a lot more sense. Warrior just makes you think power. I actually made my warrior because I had the berserker gear to bring over to it but then I find it's useless when compared to running vipers... kitten?

I'm not gonna re-gear the warrior for condition dmg. If I wanted to play condition I would choose a different profession.

its in part conditions being buffed to hell, and power being slightly nerfed.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

@Saraneth.6021 said:I don't understand what's going on with warrior. Why is power so useless? When did that happen? Did they nerf it in the past or has it always been like this? If they did nerf it, why? I mean, there are other classes where condition damage makes a lot more sense. Warrior just makes you think power. I actually made my warrior because I had the berserker gear to bring over to it but then I find it's useless when compared to running vipers... kitten?

its in part conditions being buffed to hell, and power being slightly nerfed.

Yes, they kept buffing condi when it was already OP so we're at this state of the game where cPS is one of the most OP build in the game, super good dps, outbusting power war in 5s, great CC, imobs, versatility, being able to range, allows perma fury just by being there without losing any DPS.

Meanwhile they nerfed power quite a lot, when it was already sub part on almost everything, you have shit DPS, very small burst (even no burst at all now), if you want to maintain good DPS you have to give up a fair amount of CC, if you want to pulse fury you have to cripple your DPS once again, versatility is dog shit and the list goes on and on, all of that with a skill cap being higher than cPS (you are even outdpsed if the cPS just camps word torch)...

Anet killed power PS by nerfing it and buffing it's counter part, and while doing so they also made cPS easier than it was at first :D

I hope that someday Warrior will get a a good power build thats not in the poor state the Condi Warrior is now. What do I mean with poor state? The damage the Condi Warrior itself is doing if fine and not OP. The problem here is that build is 90% the same as the overpowered CPS build, which means, nerfing CPS would hit the normal condi build as well. So you either have a balanced CPS build with a crappy Condi build or a balanced Condi build with an OP CPS build. There is some rework needed.

I hope that Anet will not make the same mistake when they are buffing power warriors. Axe could have been a good choice but Anet somehow decided to make the burst skill apply 5 stacks might instead of buffing the damage which even pushed the axe a bit to might buffing.

@Walhalla.5473 said:I hope that someday Warrior will get a a good power build thats not in the poor state the Condi Warrior is now. What do I mean with poor state? The damage the Condi Warrior itself is doing if fine and not OP. The problem here is that build is 90% the same as the overpowered CPS build, which means, nerfing CPS would hit the normal condi build as well. So you either have a balanced CPS build with a crappy Condi build or a balanced Condi build with an OP CPS build. There is some rework needed.

I hope that Anet will not make the same mistake when they are buffing power warriors. Axe could have been a good choice but Anet somehow decided to make the burst skill apply 5 stacks might instead of buffing the damage which even pushed the axe a bit to might buffing.

Buffing Axe did wonders for Power Reaper.

Archived