Account blocked for security purposes? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Account blocked for security purposes?

"This account has been blocked for security purposes. Please contact customer support for assistance."
How can I do that if I can't login and make a support ticket? Why was it blocked if I have SMS, and how is it I can still login to the forums?

Can a support moderator please contact me?

Comments

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can do it anonymously. Just provide as much detail about your account as you’re able to.

• I bet I was blocked for having the Fuze.tv addon running from Overwolf. It's a video capture app that I use for other games and I forget it's running sometimes. I normally turn it off since it lags the game but you can do manual capture with it.

• mercury ranique.2170mercury ranique.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

You do not get blocked for running Fuze.tv (based on the futures mentioned on their website).
    We can speculate a lot, but you have to consult support to find out more.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you cannot login you can submit a ticket anonymously.
    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Only support can help you with these, and my experience with them is that they are quite helpful. It may take a couple of days for them to look at your issue.
    In the past they blocked some accounts for using VPN services or the GeForce Now streaming service but your issue may be unrelated. Be sure to include as much relevant information in your ticket as you can, especially information they ask for in the form. Don't give your password, support does not need it and will not ask for it.
    To prove ownership of your account you may have to give information like your GW2 CD-keys.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page