what is your favourite role to play in pvp? why? and which class do you use with that role?

serzi.7482

hello! im kinda new to the game and decided i want to go full pvp. now im having alot of fun but i dont know which build i want to dedicate myselfe to and so i decided to ask here to see what people like to play and to maybe try it out myselfe. thanks in advance to anyone that answers!

there is a lot of content on youtube, guides montages whole matches and all that stuff. if you're curious about what people play theres no better place to explore. i would check out mighty teapots channel, theres are two recent monthly automated tournaments that are like 2 hours long with tons of different builds played. finally metabattle.com is a good resource for the current meta. i like to make my own builds at gw2skills.net and use metabattle as a guide. since you're new i would try to make something tanky so you can survive longer and learn more. remember to stomp/ kill downed enemies and revive allies, also interrupting an enemy thats trying to stomp your ally is always good. damage can make people back off too. if you are getting focused by the enemy team don't run away from your team but try to stay close. hope this helps and welcome to gw2.

I like to roleplay that i'm still doing damage like I was one year ago.Please don't break my immersion, thanks in advance.

In all seriousness; if you play what you enjoy in other similar games, you'll probably enjoy that here as well.Few extra additions like roamers/bunkers that exist tho, so you may want to do some extra research before you decide.I don't recommend healer/support though. That won't exist here soon.

Namaste and good luck ?

For my self I like to play roamer and duellists a lot, mostly a bruiser kinda style, hoping in, doing some Big burst + kill and run to the next enemy or just showing brutal dominance in a 1vs1

But even hybrids of dmg and support or stupid stuff makes fun to Play

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is a lot of content on youtube, guides montages whole matches and all that stuff. if you're curious about what people play theres no better place to explore. i would check out mighty teapots channel, theres are two recent monthly automated tournaments that are like 2 hours long with tons of different builds played. finally metabattle.com is a good resource for the current meta. i like to make my own builds at gw2skills.net and use metabattle as a guide. since you're new i would try to make something tanky so you can survive longer and learn more. remember to stomp/ kill downed enemies and revive allies, also interrupting an enemy thats trying to stomp your ally is always good. damage can make people back off too. if you are getting focused by the enemy team don't run away from your team but try to stay close. hope this helps and welcome to gw2i shouldve explained myselfe better, i almost have 100 hours on the game and i do use metabattle.net and godofpvp. the reason i said im kinda new is because i goofed around a lot and my highest cac was a lvl 43 thief but i decided i dont like the pve that much and so decided to transferr to pvp. i really enjoy playing support in pvp ( core guard and tempset) and fire weaver but i wanted to see some exprience from people because just watching a youtube vid doesnt do that much. ( sorry for my bad english :P)

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:I like to roleplay that i'm still doing damage like I was one year ago.Please don't break my immersion, thanks in advance.

In all seriousness; if you play what you enjoy in other similar games, you'll probably enjoy that here as well.Few extra additions like roamers/bunkers that exist tho, so you may want to do some extra research before you decide.I don't recommend healer/support though. That won't exist here soon.

Namaste and good luck ?

WAIT WHY WOULDNT HEALER SUPPORT EXIST? thats what im enjoying rn :( ( core guard and tempest)

@serzi.7482 said:hello! im kinda new to the game and decided i want to go full pvp. now im having alot of fun but i dont know which build i want to dedicate myselfe to and so i decided to ask here to see what people like to play and to maybe try it out myselfe. thanks in advance to anyone that answers!

Oh dear. You picked like worst time to join given that meta consists of 2.5 classes atm XD

what is your favourite role to play in pvp? - Roamer (run around, decap points, steal beasts (all is vain), stagger enemies, create outnumbered situations, help teammates to kill enemies, rez someone who went down)why? - i find it boring to sit afk on point and brawl all day; i like fast paced combat <3and which class do you use with that role? - THIEF THIEF THIEF. Most hated class in game so turn chat off if you are going to play that.

HMM.

For pvp: I do likle thief with quick hit and run tactics. I know folks hate that with a passion, but i believe its needed to counter some classes with builds, with speed. D/P is pretty fun with daredevil.

I like condi nec but core gives me issues due to it being ez cleansed, it used to be so weak in the past.Druid spec of ranger: I enjoy the healing part and sustaining peeps on points and denying downs of folks while also annoying the enemy team.

PVE:

I'm a big fan of tempest. I haven't done much heals, but i have done some. I like the skills it offers for both dmg and heals, just wish its auras were more desired.Reaper: I like it quite a lot in playstyle goin in and chil stuff with condi and slap em around with gs.Mesmer chrono: I am extremely interested in it because of how it plays. When it comes to specs, the ones i tend to play most are nec ele and mes. I occasionally play the others (Thief) (Ranger) but those possibly ele as one i play most nowadays.

Dueling. It's the most simple role -- you 1vx on a point, usually side points like "home" or "far", or some people call them by their level themed name like "waterfall" "mines" for Legacy of the Foefire. When you anticipate the entire enemy team will head mid, you join your team for a teamfight and help push out DPS and cc's. I like Weaver the most since it comes with my first profession (Elementalist) and the one I look at the most.

Some cons of dueling are if you have a strong ego or even narcissism, a loss of a duel will maybe make you harbor vengeance towards the other duelist or their build or even ArenaNet/the game itself. It can be fairly stressful to be losing in duels, especially frequently, because it shows you haven't practiced enough. While not all 1vx's may be possible to last forever, the longer you hold that encounter the better it is for your team.

Preferrably, you want to be dueling on a neutral point or a point you own. If the other team owns the point and you're dueling on it, you're losing value. Make sure you have someone to plus you (join you, generally referring to mobile roles such as Thieves) immediately if you attempt to duel on an enemy's point with an enemy duelist present.

Duelist/team fighter is the most fun in my opinion. You don't have to rely much on your team and you can honestly turn games around if you know how to rotate right. Best role to play if you're solo que.

Support is good but you really are only as good as your team mates and trusting the match making system to give you good team mates is a laughing stock