How much will it take

How many amulets will it take for you to believe the game will be balanced? Ten? Five? One?

How long should each condition last for you to believe the game will be balanced? 4 seconds? 2 seconds? 1 second?

How long of a cooldown should each skill in the game have for you to believe the game will be balanced? 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 180 seconds?

If you ever find yourself lost, you should try and ask yourself, how did we get here...where are we going?

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:How many amulets will it take for you to believe the game will be balanced? Ten? Five? One?

How long should each condition last for you to believe the game will be balanced? 4 seconds? 2 seconds? 1 second?

How long of a cooldown should each skill in the game have for you to believe the game will be balanced? 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 180 seconds?

If you ever find yourself lost, you should try and ask yourself, how did we get here...where are we going?

1. idc how many amulets are in game as long as they don't allow unkillable do-it-all build
  2. depends on condition
  3. also depends on skill
  4. i know very well how we got here... it is called p2w. You don't have xpac, you lose in most cases.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:How many amulets will it take for you to believe the game will be balanced? Ten? Five? One?

1. idc how many amulets are in game as long as they don't allow unkillable do-it-all build
  2. depends on condition
  3. also depends on skill
  4. i know very well how we got here... it is called p2w. You don't have xpac, you lose in most cases.

Dont be silly base game is kinda of a trial, gw2 is p2p...

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:How many amulets will it take for you to believe the game will be balanced? Ten? Five? One?

Let's put it in practical terms, the current climate is a direct result of Anet moving from a Meritocracy to a more "democratic" system, when you make people believe that everybody is a winner regardless of the effort then people will start believing that anything which undermines this notion is clearly broken and in needs of adjustment ...it's not them...it's you and your OP class/spec.

For the GW2 community, the only time you're "balanced" is when you don't win and kill them and their way to play the game is the only acceptable way, anything else is wrong.

If I like to play melee...anything not melee is broken and OP, If I win easy vs direct power builds....anything condi is broken and OP, if I win easy vs condi class...my class has too many condi clear and it's OP, if I can't kill you with my rotation...your class has too much sustain and it's OP

The self healing of a support makes them very hard to kill - this is not the norm for MMOs. Supports are squishy, not tanks.

The damage of classes that can tank, is or was, too high. Tanks are for tanking, bunkering. They don't have damage, to hold a point, it must already be theirs. They should not be able to dps away anyone.

DPS should be squishy, high damage should NOT able to tank, they must leave or die if focused.

As with thief, as mobility goes ups for any class, damage goes down.

Duelist should be able to stall against 2, but not indefinitely, a few moments (30s-1min) against 3, but die if they don't leave.

You see, conquest is designed around point control and kills.

If a class can make kills, take over points, hold points against multiple foes, and do supportive work.....when every other class can't.....

Things need remove, nerf, or redesign

@Cynz.9437 said:

@"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:How many amulets will it take for you to believe the game will be balanced? Ten? Five? One?

2. depends on condition
  3. also depends on skill

I'll just quote you something from one of my favorite movies.

"You keep telling yourself what you know...but what do you believe?"

It's self-reflection. You keep telling yourself you know how you got where you are, and you keep saying you know where you are going, but do you really know where you are? Do you really know where you are going?

People have all the answers, but haven't bothered to ask the questions.

And, as we continue down the path in this forest, thinking we are on our way out, we are just heading deeper into the forest.

Boring statements, removing Mender is the most efficient solution instead of making every profession depend on it just to be one by one irrelevant equally but also useless with other alternative weaker options.

Keep skills good enough so Sage/Avatar make sense to have instead. Less work, outcome is more interesting with the new Sigil that'll be soon introduced also.

In fact, to remind. We aren't just removing here, we are making an exchange of features.

Also want to tell you, I'm pretty happy where we are. I never had my own entity set to unbelievable expectations, I can follow Anets vision properly because I understand them.

@lovemghool.7613 said:Nerf Wars 2 will never end until there is nothing left to nerf/remove.

10/10 balance department who take their direction from players in discord meetings.

This is what happens when you have no real power in the helm.

Their upcoming expansion is their chance to prove what they're made of.

I think for spvp it is too late for that. Unless they rework the system from the ground up, the expansion would not really matter.

And yes we are on our way to 1 amulet.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

2. depends on condition
  3. also depends on skill

I'll just quote you something from one of my favorite movies.

"You keep telling yourself what you know...but what do you believe?"

It's self-reflection. You keep telling yourself you know how you got where you are, and you keep saying you know where you are going, but do you really know where you are? Do you really know where you are going?

People have all the answers, but haven't bothered to ask the questions.

And, as we continue down the path in this forest, thinking we are on our way out, we are just heading deeper into the forest.

The simplest answer: People lack humility! They will keep asking for nerfs for as long as PvP exists in an MMO...so for as long as the servers will run

@otto.5684 said:

@lovemghool.7613 said:Nerf Wars 2 will never end until there is nothing left to nerf/remove.

10/10 balance department who take their direction from players in discord meetings.

This is what happens when you have no real power in the helm.

Their upcoming expansion is their chance to prove what they're made of.

I think for spvp it is too late for that. Unless they rework the system from the ground up, the expansion would not really matter.

And yes we are on our way to 2 amulet.

Agreed. EoD cannot fundamentally change anything, that ship has sailed. ANet would have to be considering a serious rethinking of how traits and other basic game-wide functions work in spvp, and there's pretty much a 0% chance that will come in an xpac that they themselves admitted is coming in a bit of a rush.

As for amulets, as sad as I am to say it, I think we really are on the path to 2 amulets. With their prevailing 'balance' philosophy, I can see amulets being removed steadily over time, with no new replacements.

Although I am against them removing more amulets, I like their plan on buffing up Sigil of Transference. Honestly I wish healing power in general was less impactful but outgoing healing was actually a stat in itself so a dedicated healer would have to invest stats in both healing and outgoing healing if wanting to heal allies at a decent level, forcing supports to sacrifice tankiness or damage for better allied support.

If true balance is what they are after then they should just remove all amulets and runes. Make all light armor classes nothing but support, all medium classes nothing but damage, and all heavy classes nothing but bunkers/tanks. All conditions last the same amount of time, no matter the source or the stacks. All boons last the same amount of time no matter the source or stacks.All attacks within each armor class do the same amount of damage. IE: All #1 attacks in light armor does the same damage. All the #2 attacks in light armor does the same damage. Same across all classes.Casting time for all attacks is the same. Recharge for all attacks is the same.Now all your classes are balanced and it comes down to skill of the player to win or lose.