Where do you get bounty Hunter Armor?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like ANet forgot to put the helm, chest and boot armor pieces into PvE in PoF. Elisa sells the recipes for shoulders, gloves and legs, but nothing else. From all the research I have done regarding this all I can deduce is that you have to PvP for those three that seem to be absent from PvE.

Was this intentional because as far as I can tell, PvP has always been the alternative way of obtaining armor, so that those who don't want PvE can still obtain the skins from it. To have to grind out the desert reward track 9 times to unlock all the skins seems a bit excessive and a bit of an oversight from ANet.

But maybe I am wrong and there are ways to obtain these pieces in PvE?

@webtoehobbit.4201 said:Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like ANet forgot to put the helm, chest and boot armor pieces into PvE in PoF. Elisa sells the recipes for shoulders, gloves and legs, but nothing else. From all the research I have done regarding this all I can deduce is that you have to PvP for those three that seem to be absent from PvE.

Was this intentional because as far as I can tell, PvP has always been the alternative way of obtaining armor, so that those who don't want PvE can still obtain the skins from it. To have to grind out the desert reward track 9 times to unlock all the skins seems a bit excessive and a bit of an oversight from ANet.

The way I understand it is that the Bounty Hunter armor is kind of an RNG deal, vendors will only have a few pieces available at a time and what pieces are available is randomly generated. So if you want each piece you have to revisit the vendor daily and hope they have the one you're looking for on that given day.

Sorry if I'm way off base on this, I haven't attempted to unlock these sets myself so I'm not completely certain.

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

@webtoehobbit.4201 said:Maybe I am missing something, but it seems like ANet forgot to put the helm, chest and boot armor pieces into PvE in PoF. Elisa sells the recipes for shoulders, gloves and legs, but nothing else. From all the research I have done regarding this all I can deduce is that you have to PvP for those three that seem to be absent from PvE.

The way I understand it is that the Bounty Hunter armor is kind of an RNG deal, vendors will only have a few pieces available at a time and what pieces are available is randomly generated. So if you want each piece you have to revisit the vendor daily and hope they have the one you're looking for on that given day.

Sorry if I'm way off base on this, I haven't attempted to unlock these sets myself so I'm not completely certain.

Prior Historian Elisa only sells recipes for Gloves, Leggings, and Shoulders. There is currently no known method to obtain the other three pieces.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

Prior Historian Elisa only sells recipes for Gloves, Leggings, and Shoulders. There is currently no known method to obtain the other three pieces.Figures. The medium chestpiece is the only one I'm interested in. I don't understand Anet at all.

You can get the crafting recipes for the other items as drops in PvE(or from those hidden chests), I got one as a drop just the other day...well, not the actual armor piece but a recipe to craft the armor piece...only I don't remember which one because I already consumed it and probably won't make it...as a matter of fact I have two recipes(the second came from a chest, just don't remember which kind[i.e. Dwarven, etc., etc.,) and I didn't buy any from Elisa.

@Zaklex.6308 said:You can get the crafting recipes for the other items as drops in PvE(or from those hidden chests), I got one as a drop just the other day...well, not the actual armor piece but a recipe to craft the armor piece...only I don't remember which one because I already consumed it and probably won't make it...as a matter of fact I have two recipes(the second came from a chest, just don't remember which kind[i.e. Dwarven, etc., etc.,) and I didn't buy any from Elisa.

Are you certain you didn't pick up the Warbeast armor recipe instead? Those will drop from Bounties and chests, but not Bounty Hunter armor recipes, ironically enough.

Does anyone know how to unlock 'Bounty Hunter's armor' ? You can buy gloves, leggings, and shoulders recipes from Priory Historian Elisa.But how or where do you get chest, boots and headgear from? :confused:

I asked a few friends but they said the armor parts can be obtain from PvP and WvW..... why the hell should you be forced to play anything but a different mode than the actual PvE to purchase an armor from an expansion?It makes no sense! :angry:

ANet, not all of us are into PvP or WvW..... :rage:

@Alga.6498 said:Does anyone know how to unlock 'Bounty Hunter's armor' ? You can buy gloves, leggings, and shoulders recipes from Priory Historian Elisa.But how or where do you get chest, boots and headgear from? :confused:

I asked a few friends but they said the armor parts can be obtain from PvP and WvW..... why the hell should you be forced to play anything but a different mode than the actual PvE to purchase an armor from an expansion?It makes no sense! :angry:

PvP and WvW arent the only ways to obtain the 3 other pieces, they are just alternative ways for players that dont like playing pve that much. The whole set is obtainable on PoF maps, besides lucky drops from bounties themselves, they can also drop from the chests of the traveler, which can be bought from elisa for 50 contracts, karma and sand.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Alga.6498 said:Does anyone know how to unlock
'Bounty Hunter's armor'
? You can buy gloves, leggings, and shoulders recipes from Priory Historian Elisa.But how or where do you get chest, boots and headgear from? :confused:

PvP and WvW arent the only ways to obtain the 3 other pieces, they are just alternative ways for players that dont like playing pve that much. The whole set is obtainable on PoF maps, besides lucky drops from bounties themselves, they can also drop from the chests of the traveler, which can be bought from elisa for 50 contracts, karma and sand.

^

It's full of threads full of complains for ANETThreads which after a few posts end with "Oh, i didn't know, thanks!"

Poor ANET

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Alga.6498 said:Does anyone know how to unlock
'Bounty Hunter's armor'
? You can buy gloves, leggings, and shoulders recipes from Priory Historian Elisa.But how or where do you get chest, boots and headgear from? :confused:

Last time I looked, the Wiki did not have this information. You might consider updating the appropriate page(s). =)

Good luck.

@Wanze.8410 said:

The whole set is obtainable on PoF maps, besides lucky drops from bounties themselves

Sure the recipes drop from bounties? I've never seen them, only Warbeast's recipes.

OT, I would've guessed that they are part of the rotation of the recipes Elisa sells. But if she really only sells 3/6... why?

@Alga.6498 said:That is indeed plain stupid if Priory Elisa sells 3 out of 6 parts of a set instead they are "super rare drops from bounties". You maybe get a chance to get a drop of these fine recp. which is absolutely kitten.

Oh yeah right. What an awesome idea! :angry:

There are a lot of sets in the game that are associated with rare drops and taking a while.

The Wiki is missing a lot of things, but you do have to give it credit for trying and succeeding mostly ?

Also, it's about 24 hours of play for 3 pieces to get it in WvW if no boosts (?) I wouldn't say that's "easy".

• 2 weeks later...

@Alga.6498 said:...It makes no sense! :angry:

Lol while I do agree with the majority of people on this thread and think there should be a way for people to get the other 3 recipes in pve, this comment portion stuck out to me a little. You realize just as many players are not into WvW/PvP many of us aren't into PvE either. I personally enjoy the lore and the story but plenty of stuff I don't like, yet I love fashion so many times I have to go to pve and complete stuff I'd rather not do in order to get armor than I want whether this be doing the Shatterer achievements for the backpiece or more recently all the collections for Funerary armor/weapons. At least in WvW you could do dailies like cap a sentry, take a camp, or even spend a few badges every night and your done so you could easily complete it over time with patience. I can't just be patient and do 1-2 easy activities in pve though to get the majority of the armor locked behind it. So while I support the issue of missing recipes, let's keep the other side in mind to for future reference. ;3

Archived