World Linking 3/26/2021 - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

World Linking 3/26/2021

Comments

• pieddroit.2374pieddroit.2374 Member ✭✭
    edited March 27, 2021

@odin.3925 said:
    Shockingly Lazy of you anet Dev's....... A new low, where you cant even be bothered to freshen up the wvw pairings..... STALE, STALE STALE.
    Must have been a real brain drain to work it out :(

Ya staff who work on this link should be fired. We've been outnumbered since reset.. what a joke..

• Wiin Prenite.9652Wiin Prenite.9652 Member ✭✭
    edited March 27, 2021

@Sounomi.8503 said:
    VR just moved to SF.

Well, nothing anet could've done about that then. Still extremely funny

• I don't feel any of the current pairings are supporting a balanced gaming community in WvW.

I refuse to buy gems and lose pips for 7-14 days because the person who did the pairings failed to make sure they were appropriately balanced. I also shouldn't have to leave a guild and other people I enjoy playing with on my current server.

Why not have server pairings changed more frequently, like once a month?

• SWI.4127SWI.4127 Member ✭✭✭

@Anne Nicholl.7518 said:

They really should re-assess how often links change. They did a poll about it maybe 4 years ago, and since then nothing has changed. I think if they ran the poll again, many people would vote differently.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

So much balance in T1 EU.. Very nice relink there Anet..

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

Piken Square (EN), Blacktide (EN) !
    this is is my favorite link. I so like both servers, on Blactide nicer wvw guild, on Piken - one of best comm. This link best gift for me.

want solid balance ? - play chess.

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021

@brogue.4926 said:
    Relinking designed to promote guild migrations, they know their game sadly.

Yep. The gem sales from these are why links will never end and Alliances were canned, even though they lie to us and won't admit it.

Alliances ever!? Communication when!?

The only way we will get Alliances is if they can monetize it the same way Bandwagon Links have worked out for them.

@Anne Nicholl.7518 said:
    I don't feel any of the current pairings are supporting a balanced gaming community in WvW.

I refuse to buy gems and lose pips for 7-14 days because the person who did the pairings failed to make sure they were appropriately balanced. I also shouldn't have to leave a guild and other people I enjoy playing with on my current server.

Why not just get rid of links and let worlds settle back where they were naturally?

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021

@aspirine.6852 said:

Part of the reason is that the Tiers and Matchups got reset back to Glicko, but of course linking Deso with Piken's old link was not clever, then again it's most likely done through an system which needs a drastic rework.

Also the transfers don't help much in terms of queues either, even though there's a lack of guilds of Deso, there's alot more pugs just sitting on EB, home bl or hopping to defend stuff, since there are T3 keeps before prime time.

Also WSR is farming BB at night, so they tick low. if you check some Twitch streams. We managed to control our PPT, even Piken dropped twice during the last relink, it may not be properly settled in terms of Tiers and Populations yet, but this is a joke like SFR/WSR late last year.

Desolation WvW Main for 9 years.

• Khorg.2195Khorg.2195 Member ✭✭

Honestly... until the WvW community stops jumping servers every relink.. we will never get Alliances, and this BS is gonna keep continuing. What a joke.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

Just make it expensive to transfer and lock people out off rewards for a while. So if you transfer to a medium linked server that is linked to a very high server you have to pay the gems for the very high server and won't get any loot for 50% of the link time.
    That would not stop transfers but it would stop exploiting the system like we see here with Deso/WSR.

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

2 full servers linked to eachother in T1... Hmmm... One loves to PPT, and the other, well also...

• Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

@aspirine.6852 said:
    2 full servers linked to eachother in T1... Hmmm... One loves to PPT, and the other, well also...

They were Very High and Medium at the time of relinks.

It would be funny if ArenaNet decided to randomly relink a day or two after a normally scheduled relink just to mess with the transfers.

• Vardy.3592Vardy.3592 Member ✭✭

I'm not sure this has been asked on here yet, but...

Alliances when? Communication when?

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭

Relinking system is such a failure... Just shows that being afraid to delete the deader servers and settling for faulty carebear system was a misjudgement.

Is it too late? To remove the links? Transfer costs and queues would make sense then...

Ri Ba - Charr of logic
    twitch.tv/ribatime
    ~Key to fixing WvW with minimal effort resides in my post history~

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:
    as Mag absolutely hates SF.

Good thing the feeling is mutual.

What don't I know about my server? Why does Mag hate us?

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

@Shining One.1635 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

They were Very High and Medium at the time of relinks.

It would be funny if ArenaNet decided to randomly relink a day or two after a normally scheduled relink just to mess with the transfers.

Anet are not idiots, its not like wsr hasnt done this before 20 times or so :/

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

Cause Mag hates everyone, including themselves. Mag is what happens if 4chan becomes a WvW server.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

@Luis.4917 said:
    i think the devs need to start playing themselves so they can see the relinks why someof hem makes no sense

Some of them have never even heard of wvw before they just think this section is for RP.

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

I am not from mag but have been linked with them a few times as of late. Its not that Mag hates SF because its SF necessarily. Its because the lack of total participation from the server. It is hard to win fights when you don't have the numbers. So when you know you have to be grouped for weeks knowing that you mostly will be unsuccessful. Resentment builds and lack of interest to fight a losing battle. EBAY also gets this wrap as well.

I can recall times when we were linked with SF and EBAY where in a squad of 50 you would have 2 to 4 people from either of those servers. While we commended those who were playing it was clear who as a whole were not playing.

Hope that helps...

It does. I myself only pop in on occasion so I get it. We must just be mostly PvE. Thanks for the explanation. I'll make it a point to drop in more often. I just get bored when I can't find a tag running. The few times I've tagged have been... interesting though I post up front that I don't know how to lead in WvW properly. This is a game mode that is epic when the people are there. It is terrible when they aren't. I'm Eastern time. What time is Mag usually on?

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭✭

2 full servers cos most likely this cancerous bandwagons from kill, lays and fairy moved back to WSR from Dzago.
    Its always the same guilds who overstaking.

edited March 31, 2021

The problem at least based on this week, is the almost 24/7 coverage, especially when the ppters went to work yesterday,. It didn't happen to this extent, with Deso and Arborstone after 4 weeks of being stuck T1, besides two weeks after the last relink week.

Against piken/wsr or uw/fow during the last relink, we didn't 't have 30 man queues while holding T3 SM for most of the day, which is mostly populated by pugs. Also, BB has no where near enough population as a lone server for T1, with their different Raid/Playing hours too.

So relink this friday Anet? :)

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hm, everyone want more people.
    How about closing EU-T5 again, then every link can get more.

• Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

Hope that helps...

It does. I myself only pop in on occasion so I get it. We must just be mostly PvE. Thanks for the explanation. I'll make it a point to drop in more often. I just get bored when I can't find a tag running. The few times I've tagged have been... interesting though I post up front that I don't know how to lead in WvW properly. This is a game mode that is epic when the people are there. It is terrible when they aren't. I'm Eastern time. What time is Mag usually on?

That's a loaded question when it comes to Mag. Mag is to some degree always on. But more so during prime time hours. If you play WvW for any amount of time you will hear the term Mag Cloud. This refers to a large group of players scattered out all over the place rather than a common zerg that tries to stay concentrated in a single area. This "Cloud" most of the time occurs when a commander is not leading and is typically protecting some Tier 3 objective. So when paired with mag you need to ask in Team Chat where the fights are and then you will find the groups of people fighting along side each other.

There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

Hope that helps...

That's a loaded question when it comes to Mag. Mag is to some degree always on. But more so during prime time hours. If you play WvW for any amount of time you will hear the term Mag Cloud. This refers to a large group of players scattered out all over the place rather than a common zerg that tries to stay concentrated in a single area. This "Cloud" most of the time occurs when a commander is not leading and is typically protecting some Tier 3 objective. So when paired with mag you need to ask in Team Chat where the fights are and then you will find the groups of people fighting along side each other.

Thanks for the info 🙂

• manu.7539manu.7539 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 1, 2021

The NA links are looking so good. I see 5 servers able to win T1 which is much better than usual. The price of it is probably some weak links but I guess they will have a fair competition in T3-T4. Everything isnt in place yet but after a couple of weeks most tiers should be highly competitive.

Atm, most servers got a kdr of around 1 and its a good sign of a good balance.

Everything can change, so predictions are only predictions but so far I got to say gj and ty ANET!

• Shroud.2307Shroud.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Shroud.2307 said:

Hope that helps...

Thanks for the info 🙂

Note that while "always on" is mostly true, Mag has a major down time slot in the early AM EST. Between 4 and 9AM there are usually like... 3 people per map.

Necro/Engi/Ranger/Rev | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [xo] Fantasies
    My Youtube: Shroud
    "I'd rather lose playing something I enjoy than win playing something I don't."

• pieddroit.2374pieddroit.2374 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021

@manu.7539 said:
    The NA links are looking so good. I see 5 servers able to win T1 which is much better than usual. The price of it is probably some weak links but I guess they will have a fair competition in T3-T4. Everything isnt in place yet but after a couple of weeks most tiers should be highly competitive.

Everything can change, so predictions are only predictions but so far I got to say gj and ty ANET!

ya right..

You probably have a good link. If you look at the score, it's probably the most unbalance link in a while.

• ANET is encouraging bullying and toxic gameplay in Wvw. By stacking servers like they do, those stacked servers just keep insulting and laughing at smaller server like CD and ET. We always outnumbered 5,10,15 vs 1. After that, those guilds nice youtube videos wipping all squads and make great publicity for Anet. Unfortunatly, the user experience is aweful for server who are being bully like us. Anet should fix those recent link because the game is unplayable..

edited April 3, 2021

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

You probably have a good link. If you look at the score, it's probably the most unbalance link in a while.

Yes, I got a good link! After such a boring domination in NA T1 I guess its a nice idea to generate more competition in highest tiers and with so many packed links T1 should be more competitve. The cost is to have some weak links that will be stuck in T3-T4 but its for the greater good! Lowest tiers should be more balanced in a week or 2 so dont lose faith!

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    I personally don't mind FSP with Vizunah again tbh. After 2 months linked together, we flow more effectively. Now if veterans from FSP are not satisfied, not my problem and frankly, no gonna care.

Maybe 2 months more could teach Vizunah scouts to talk sense instead of going "p1" or "p2" all the time, but I have doubts.

bois... u really don't communicate with your others, do you? that's french players, p1 p2 = outer and inner; "bus" is zerg, droit (draaaahh) is right. i ran sometimes with french leads, despite not understanding more than nothing initially. u kinda learn what the things mean, plus voice height changes. and u don't want them to lead in english, bc they're too slow at that.

and no doddler, u won't get french players to report in english.

@Tilen.5027 assuming anyone cares... the hamster wheel keeps turning. welcome to Wvw. servers have no identity anyways. i talked with several people of several severs, it's pretty much the same in another painting on every server. unlinked feels dead, some links just don't work, some are brokenly big. this ain't knew. people complained in 2017 about this stuff, yet we're still on the same spot.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 these links lmfao. nearly happy that i cannot play atm...

@SWI.4127 assuming he did start working yet kekw

@Anne Nicholl.7518 what do we expect... the link system is dysfunctional anyways. it needs to be removed and sth new shoulda replaced it a long long time ago. we play a relict.

@lare.5129 yeah, have fun camping inside your keeps, try to not fall asleep there :)

@Khorg.2195 just don't blame the players... we have to deal with a broken system. ppl jump servers bc they seek content. yet pugs seriously sometimes believe they alone can carry a server, which is just absurd. guild are the heart and the brain after all, that pumps the blood and gives the communication of the nervous system

@gebrechen.5643 genious move. rewards are yet locked for 1 week, plus they are bad enough. if u force people to be stuck for that long, they will just make more alt accounts instead. Wvw is the most time consuming format for one of the worst reward systems in whole gw2. so just don't plant odd ideas into the devs heads, thank you.

@PierPiero.9142 manu lives in his own world, better let him sleep in his bubble.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@PierPiero.9142 manu lives in his own world, better let him sleep in his bubble.

There is no PierPiero in this discussion... and I'm the one living in is own world!?! :o

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    I personally don't mind FSP with Vizunah again tbh. After 2 months linked together, we flow more effectively. Now if veterans from FSP are not satisfied, not my problem and frankly, no gonna care.

Maybe 2 months more could teach Vizunah scouts to talk sense instead of going "p1" or "p2" all the time, but I have doubts.

bois... u really don't communicate with your others, do you? that's french players, p1 p2 = outer and inner; "bus" is zerg, droit (draaaahh) is right. i ran sometimes with french leads, despite not understanding more than nothing initially. u kinda learn what the things mean, plus voice height changes. and u don't want them to lead in english, bc they're too slow at that.

and no doddler, u won't get french players to report in english.

You know, I said talk sense, not talk french. Its the lousy scouting terminology I take offense to.

When someone says "p1" on undercroft, where the kitten on outer are they because there are 3 kitten doors, 6 kitten walls and 4 or so kitten cliff positions?!?!?

That is what I need to know.

Fyi I actually had french in school as secondary language. Cant speak it for kitten, but I understand bits and pieces enough.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• phreeak.1023phreeak.1023 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

We had a good call last night on an english link (we are german)

Fire keep 30 - 20 + 5 it took us 3 minutes to figure out he meant keep 30%, 20 ppl maybe 5 more.

I would just call it fire keep inner/outter (south fe) 30% 20+ ppl.

xD

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

over 70% of all reports are useless either way, since often ppl just link random objectives.... the p's aren't the bigger issue therefore :9 (without at least +/-5 accurate numbers and wall%, a report is just not helpful)

edited April 6, 2021

Btw there are 3 full servers on the EU now, compared to NA who has 13 iirc.

It looks like PPT or population/coverage wise it's a little more balanced at least on the NA side, after only two weeks.

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:

It looks like PPT or population/coverage wise it's a little more balanced at least after only two weeks.

Yeah T1 is really balanced...

edited April 6, 2021

@aspirine.6852 said:

It looks like PPT or population/coverage wise it's a little more balanced at least after only two weeks.

I meant in NA with its four Tiers, but they have 13 full servers, using the same population algorithm I would think.

The forums stopped working for me, there must be a patch inc.

@aspirine.6852 said:

I meant in NA with its four Tiers, but they have 13 full servers, using the same population algorithm I would think.

The forums stopped working for me, there must be a patch inc.

You're lucky, the game itself stopped working for me :/

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Something seems kinda fishy here...

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    No expansion money as long as Mesmers are trash. - Me

• @manu.7539 said:

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

Yes, I got a good link! After such a boring domination in NA T1 I guess its a nice idea to generate more competition in highest tiers and with so many packed links T1 should be more competitve. The cost is to have some weak links that will be stuck in T3-T4 but its for the greater good! Lowest tiers should be more balanced in a week or 2 so dont lose faith!

@manu.7539 said:

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

Thats the problem with this game, instead of asking change that benefit everyone, people only care about themself. It wont balance itself. We are outnumbered 22hrs on 24. AR have all our stuff in EBG since friday. We cant event compete. The always have 30 more than us.
    Who care about balancing T1 when others servers cant even play the game. Look a the score, its a real joke

• @XenesisII.1540 said:

ya and those numbers are inaccurate. CD is far from VH. An et seem trying to hide the lack of people in this game. Shut down server if you dont have the numbers.

• @aspirine.6852 said:

Same problem with CD \ ET link. AR with BP is over stacking and they comtrol all our stuff. Atleast Anet could have some respect from their consumer s to explain their aweful decisions.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Evil empire = full threshold.

Thank You for the {MEME}

edited April 7, 2021

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

@manu.7539 said:

@pieddroit.2374 said:

@manu.7539 said:

ya right..

Thats the problem with this game, instead of asking change that benefit everyone, people only care about themself. It wont balance itself. We are outnumbered 22hrs on 24. AR have all our stuff in EBG since friday. We cant event compete. The always have 30 more than us.
    Who care about balancing T1 when others servers cant even play the game. Look a the score, its a real joke

Its certainly a bad week and i know the feeling! AR+BP is a huge link of 2 very good fighting servers and should not come back in t3 even if they try to! Next weeks should be more balanced. Obviously the 2 first weeks after the relink werent balanced at all. AR and FC should have started at least in T2.

• Salt Mode.3780Salt Mode.3780 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Salt Mode.3780 said:
    The biggest problem with servers being full is people are in the server that probably do not step foot into WvW at all. For example CD could have 5k people in it but only 500 goes in WvW while the other 4.5k is PvE exclusive. Which is something I don't understand because in PvE you can do content regardless of what server you are in.

PvE hours do nothing for your WvW status. It’s been stated by devs that it is active play hours inside WvW only.

Thank You for the {MEME}

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Salt Mode.3780 said:

PvE hours do nothing for your WvW status. It’s been stated by devs that it is active play hours inside WvW only.

Just play hours. People using those hours to stand afk in spawn 1h or something skew the population data.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"