A greatsword revenant please.

ugrakarma.9416

Greatsword where left behind on PoF specs.

I dont play much rev, but i really love the concept and both playstyle(condi or power), let me explain, im a lazy player, so i play more a guardian or warr, but when i want sophiscated playstyle i goes to rev.

• And pls make the greatsword in the other style of revenant weapons, like the shortbow.
  • Pls make it offensive too.
  • pls make a even more "feral with a bit of magic" rev.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Unless it's an exclusively supportive weapon, alongside with a DPS-focussed redesign of the melee staff,I do not want to see Greatswords for Revenant.

Revenant already has 2 support elites. why do you want a 3rd one?

in other words, revenants have enough of "passive gameplay", and i dont like any of them.

@Nephalem.8921 said:Revenant already has 2 support elites. why do you want a 3rd one?

I wouldn't mind the new Elite also be playable as support.But much more importantly, I don't want to see another melee or power Greatsword.

Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Elementalist and Reaper are enough.Even Mesmer's Greatsword, the most unique one out there, is power-based.

I'd rather have Arenanet give Revenant a weapon with usage that differs significantly from the other professions using it.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Unless it's an exclusively supportive weapon, alongside with a DPS-focussed redesign of the melee staff,I do not want to see Greatswords for Revenant.

Revenant already has 2 support elites. why do you want a 3rd one?

Calling them support elites is an exaggeration. They are both able to perform a variety of roles depending on how you build them. You can't call specs like Firebrand or Tempest strictly support elites either for the same reason; they are built to enhance multiple aspects of the core classes, which are all inherently hybrid/role-diverse in nature.

Anyway, I will keep on hoping for an actual legit support PvP/WvW build. IMO they need to work more on Ventari and lending Glint better towards active support, but until then, I will continue to hope that the answers are somehow found within a new e-spec.

@"Fueki.4753" said:

I'd rather have Arenanet give Revenant a weapon with usage that differs significantly from the other professions using it.

Both short bow and trident currently work well with either berserker, viper or grieving stats. They are truly "hybrid" weapons, and that benefits their use in multiple game modes.

Personally I'm more interested in the functionality than in the nature of the damage of the spec weapon/s. I would like to see a propper tank/bruiser, but since power Revs are in the low ends of the dps charts at the moment ANet probably will make a power-dps spec, but hopefully "hybrid" aswell. Personally I would like to see either a greatsword, a mainhand axe or scepter or an offhand focus or mace, but I'm biased here because I already have the legendary versions of those (or I'm in the path of crafting the others) so that would mean less work that having to craft other weapons that almost no other class uses (as pistols, long bows, torches, warhorns or rifles).

@ugrakarma.9416 said:I dont play much rev

And that right there is the problem. If you don't play it much, how can you truly be qualified to speak on what it needs in terms of weaponry or e-specs? A lot of us play it daily and know a far better level what rev can truly benefit from.

@"Fueki.4753" said:alongside with a DPS-focused redesign of the melee staff

Like this. I think it would also benefit better from a scepter since it's magic-based, dual daggers like Spellbreaker or even MH Axe if you want both magic and power.

Simply saying "I want Greatsword for Rev" makes a lot of us think you only want it because you think it will look cool on a Rev (namely wielding Twilight and using Mallyx and Embrace the Darkness...). At least others have given good reasons, but a lot of us still don't want it. Too many classes and e-specs already use it:

• Guardian
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Elementalist (via Elite Skill)
  • Necromancer (via Reaper)
  • Mesmer

Some more variety would be more welcomed.

@"Kanok.3027" said:Simply saying "I want Greatsword for Rev" makes a lot of us think you only want it because you think it will look cool on a Rev (namely wielding Twilight and using Mallyx and Embrace the Darkness...).

But the looks its really that all matter lolz, but look and playstyle can fit very well, that why i hate hybrids.

@"Kanok.3027" said:

• Guardian
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Elementalist (via Elite Skill)
  • Necromancer (via Reaper)
  • Mesmer

Ranger, Ele and Mes dont count, the metas made them niche, also are hibrids "whoa i want see a light professions using GS because i like the idea in being too different, muzzz diversity".

diversity for the sake of have "diversity" is what this game had enough, like support role for example that they try to throw to every profession, because everyone cry about "i want my thief healing like a paladin too!!"....

revenant have failed much just because everyone want throw at him they excess of hibrids, diversity, a "default profession" for trash can ideas.i dont want a so "different" rev for the sake of have "too diversity", i want whats is expected revenant to be, feral with a bit of magic ....

Also revenant have enough of dual weapon, hes already cool with swords, or mace/axe or sword/axe, its a time for a cool big weapons that wont be reduce to a hammer boredom.

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:

Both short bow and trident currently work well with either berserker, viper or grieving stats. They are truly "hybrid" weapons, and that benefits their use in multiple game modes.

Personally I'm more interested in the functionality than in the nature of the damage of the spec weapon/s. I would like to see a propper
tank/bruiser
, but since power Revs are in the low ends of the dps charts at the moment ANet probably will make a power-dps spec, but hopefully "hybrid" aswell. Personally I would like to see either a greatsword, a mainhand axe or scepter or an offhand focus or mace, but I'm biased here because I already have the legendary versions of those (or I'm in the path of crafting the others) so that would mean less work that having to craft other weapons that almost no other class uses (as pistols, long bows, torches, warhorns or rifles).

Herald and renegade are that currently. Herald brings passive defenses and shield while renegade has high sustain with lifeleech. Icerazor can heal you for 6-12k and even more with elite. Ren and herald can both have ridiculous sustain

Herald is healer, power bruiser while renegade is utility bruiser, healer and condi dps. Power dps and most important a legend with more than one offensive power skills are missing.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:revenant have failed much

It actually hasn't. While I wish it had a bit more power-based strength, it excels right now in condi, tank and support DPS roles (Power Alacrigade). People want these Revs in all manner of content. Just because you don't want to play them or think something else would be better, doesn't mean it has failed. If no one played Rev at all and was part of no meta whatsoever, I'd probably agree with you (except about the Greatsword), in which it needs a power boost or some other boost to make it shine, but as it stands, it's in a really good spot. I still remember when Chrono was king of both Quickness and Alacrity. Now both Firebrands and Renegades have a nice grip on that meta until something else comes along, if ever.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:

Herald and renegade are that currently. Herald brings passive defenses and shield while renegade has high sustain with lifeleech. Icerazor can heal you for 6-12k and even more with elite. Ren and herald can both have ridiculous sustain

Herald is healer, power bruiser while renegade is utility bruiser, healer and condi dps. Power dps and most important a legend with more than one offensive power skills are missing.

I was thinking mostly about PvP, because yes, Herald and even Renegade always had good tankiness/sustain in PvE. But In PvP, prior to the overall damage nerf to all classes in the February 2020 patch, neither Herald or Revenant were particulary tanky: only high level "viable" PvP build was power Herald for over three years in a row, which was mostly a +1/roamer, not a brusier (its sustain was based on mobility, was clearly weak against conditions, and some other classes had way more effective bruisers, as the bunker Scrapper or some Guardian & Druid variants). So I'll conceed that under the current "no damage allowed" meta both Herald and Renegade are good bruisers, but under the landscape that prevailed most of the GW2 lifespan, neither Herald nor Renegade were bruisers/tanks. And in PvP both shield and short bow (which has no mobility or blocks/evades) were largely unused most of the time. Shiro/Glint was a dps build until the stack of nerfs in Shiro and swords turned it into a clown.

The new spec has to 100% be a power DPS class to match (or surpass) the high end dps builds and I would vote for greatsword too.

To be honest I don't mind it much as long as is a DPS class, specially if Anet improves Ventari. Greatsword is personal preference specially since revenant is a warrior-like class.

• Like 1

GS? Why not, as long as it has good level of utility like Ranger GS.

All I want for Revenant is to play Power without being shackled to the dumpsterfire that is Shiro.Shiro has been progressively worsened through heavy handed nerfs over the nerfs, and the latest PvP nerf is the final straw.

Power Revs were shackled to it because of one reason : We do not have a proper 2nd weapon set which compliments Power gameplay.If yu have played Power Rev enough, yu will come to realise that Power Rev mainly revolves around two things : Dual Swords and Phase Traversal.

We NEED that engage skill and we ONLY have Dual Swords to facilitate competitive power damage.Hammer is a meme, made worse with the CC damage nerf, and CoR has been inconsistent forever.Staff was our only other hope but had all its damage removed, and its CC made so trash to land that it may as well no longer knock down.

Playing Power on Rev feels really really bad in its current state and I can only play WvW to taste some level of comfort anymore.

If a new weaponset arises, GS or not, which is able to break me away from using Shiro Phase Traversal, I'll embrace it wholeheartedly.

That or Anet finally wakes up and listens to us :Reduce skill bloat and reduce Energy cost, restoring Rev back to "low cooldown utility" status.

• Like 1

@Telgum.6071 said:The new spec has to 100% be a power DPS class to match (or surpass) the high end dps builds and I would vote for greatsword too.

To be honest I don't mind it much as long as is a DPS class, specially if Anet improves Ventari. Greatsword is personal preference specially since revenant is a warrior-like class.

im really no sticky to GS too, as long they dont come with hibrid jokes like focus or warhorn.

I love GS, I have already created necromancer, ranger, guardian and warrior, it was a total disappointment... I hope the new expansion will bring GS to revenant. I hope it is a high DPS weapon and has at least a skill 3 similar to the 2 swords, GS deserves to be meta and not just a secondary weapon.

• Like 1

@Escanor.8157 said:I love GS, I have already created necromancer, ranger, guardian and warrior, it was a total disappointment... I hope the new expansion will bring GS to revenant. I hope it is a high DPS weapon and has at least a skill 3 similar to the 2 swords, GS deserves to be meta and not just a secondary weapon.

As far as I know, greatsword is pretty meta on guardian?

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Escanor.8157 said:I love GS, I have already created necromancer, ranger, guardian and warrior, it was a total disappointment... I hope the new expansion will bring GS to revenant. I hope it is a high DPS weapon and has at least a skill 3 similar to the 2 swords, GS deserves to be meta and not just a secondary weapon.

its low dps, or use bersker gear, but u end with 11k hp.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

??All power guard pve meta builds use gs and some pvp builds aswell.What else than berserker/assassin would you use on a power pve build? The condi firebrand version doesnt have much more health either.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@"Escanor.8157" said:I love GS, I have already created necromancer, ranger, guardian and warrior, it was a total disappointment... I hope the new expansion will bring GS to revenant. I hope it is a high DPS weapon and has at least a skill 3 similar to the 2 swords, GS deserves to be meta and not just a secondary weapon.

??All power guard pve meta builds use gs and some pvp builds aswell.What else than berserker/assassin would you use on a power pve build? The condi firebrand version doesnt have much more health either.

marauder.

i dont like dying 5x times, 10x times for bosses even in a zerg, i feel "carried".i dont have numbers on top head, if im not confusing, according to meta-wiki author, trade berseker for marauder is only 5%~10% dps loss for 8k~10k hp gain.

i feel it behind my necro, because guardian GS, u relly to much on "right rotation" to maximize dps.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"Escanor.8157" said:I love GS, I have already created necromancer, ranger, guardian and warrior, it was a total disappointment... I hope the new expansion will bring GS to revenant. I hope it is a high DPS weapon and has at least a skill 3 similar to the 2 swords, GS deserves to be meta and not just a secondary weapon.

marauder.

i dont like dying 5x times, 10x times for bosses even in a zerg, i feel "carried".i dont have numbers on top head, if im not confusing, according to meta-wiki author, trade berseker for marauder is only 5%~10% dps loss for 8k~10k hp gain.

i feel it behind my necro, because guardian GS, u relly to much on "right rotation" to maximize dps.

Dh does more damage than reaper though. feelings are not an accurate measurement tool. Most classes rely on a rotation. Reaper is just one of the simpler ones and has the lowest damage output because of that.It is also a very tanky build despite the low hp. Litany of wrath is the best heal in the game. Your virtues are very powerful.Revenant totally needs a power spec though. Gs is kinda the only 2h left unless you want to give it like 2 daggers. Also a legend or profession mechanic designed for damage instead of support would be nice.Icerazor and impossible odds are the only power dps utility skills and an upkeep like io promotes aa gameplay which shouldnt be optimal. Power rev unlike condi spends most of the time auto attacking with upkeep skills. thats not good design in my opinion. A problem is the invocation energy trait which makes rev so much more fun to play. Its like having energy to press buttons is fun but it competes with 20% increased critchance which is mandatory for herald.

@"Nephalem.8921" said:Dh does more damage than reaper though. feelings are not an accurate measurement tool. Most classes rely on a rotation. Reaper is just one of the simpler ones and has the lowest damage output because of that.

True. however, you should be careful with statements like "[e-spec/profession] is just one of the simpler ones" when they are following a statement like "feelings are not an accurate measurement tool".

Personally, I don't think the weapon is really important in each e-spec. Sure it's an exciting part of them but they stay "optional" as they should.For all we know, ANet could go the "necromancer's" path in the next revenant's e-spec, giving it a "shroud" on F2 (locking the spec out of it's utilities) and making the spec heavily rely on trying to stay transformed for optimal results (be it in offence, defence or support).