Make condi engi great again

ellesee.8297

June 23, 2015. Judgement Day. The day Anet wiped out all condi engis from the face of the earth by launching nukes at what made them strong. I have been waiting since then for the return, but it has been 6 long, dark years and I am beginning to lose hope. We make do with what condition classes are presented to us: necro, revenant, even thief, but it's just not the same.

What we need is a hero. A hero that will rise up and take a look at what is keeping condi engi shackled in the bonds of uselessness, a hero that will correctly deduce that in a condi meta that is focused on applying as many intensity stacking conditions as possible in the shortest amount of time, the class must be able to do so with its burning tools: flamethrower, pistols, rocket boots, flame turret. Our hero must rightly assume that the condi focused firearms tree is complete doodoo and must be reworked, and that even if the condi engi's burning utilities are buffed, it must have the defensive capabilities, like stunbreaks, to stay alive. Our hero must also understand that none of the elite specs are catered to condition damage at all and could probably swap some unused traits and utilities in those trees to more condi oriented versions, or buff the half arsed condition ones.

I hope this hero is out there, maybe someone who has some pvp experience in a position of power to hear our plight. Until then we wait. It's only been 6 years. How much longer could it be?

Yeah yeah yeah sure, except not. Y'all living in the past and should start innovating. It sure was bad before feb but after feb there was a lot of slack given to a lot of underpowered stuff. Work at it. Engineer doesn't need buffs coming to Conditions or it's sustain.

Numerically condi engi is fine tbh. It's got good pressure and good sustain. The only buff I really want for condi engi is more or a fix than a buff. I'd like Poison dart volley to consistently land against moving targets. Seeing "miss miss miss" even when you're not blinded is the worst feeling.

Note: If we get transferrence sigil next patch, assuming core engi doesn't suffer a sustain nerf on the same patch, sage support engi might become viable.

@"Kuma.1503" said:I'd like Poison dart volley to consistently land against moving targets. Seeing "miss miss miss" even when you're not blinded is the worst feeling.

Did I ever show you this?

This is before the slight fix in 2019 or something, but it's crazy to think one of core engi's few weapons had a skill this unreliable for so many years.

@bethekey.8314 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:I'd like Poison dart volley to consistently land against moving targets. Seeing "miss miss miss" even when you're not blinded is the worst feeling.

Did I ever show you this?

This is before the slight fix in 2019 or something, but it's crazy to think one of core engi's few weapons had a skill this unreliable for so many years.

My god that hurts to watch LOL

@Shao.7236 said:Yeah yeah yeah sure, except not. Y'all living in the past and should start innovating. It sure was bad before feb but after feb there was a lot of slack given to a lot of underpowered stuff. Work at it. Engineer doesn't need buffs coming to Conditions or it's sustain.

Actually it was better before the february megapatch, since that one just decimated a lot of traits in the Firearms traitline, which condi engie relied on. It definitely needs buff. Plus, anything that is actually functional nowadays gets nerfed.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Shao.7236" said:Yeah yeah yeah sure, except not. Y'all living in the past and should start innovating. It sure was bad before feb but after feb there was a lot of slack given to a lot of underpowered stuff. Work at it. Engineer doesn't need buffs coming to Conditions or it's sustain.

Actually it was better before the february megapatch, since that one just decimated a lot of traits in the Firearms traitline, which condi engie relied on. It definitely needs buff. Plus, anything that is actually functional nowadays gets nerfed.

You're blowing it out of proportions. It doesn't.

Your view on "functional" is different from "fair".

@Shao.7236 said:

@Shao.7236 said:Yeah yeah yeah sure, except not. Y'all living in the past and should start innovating. It sure was bad before feb but after feb there was a lot of slack given to a lot of underpowered stuff. Work at it. Engineer doesn't need buffs coming to Conditions or it's sustain.

You're underplaying it massively. Of course it does. Else it wouldn't be so bad that its not even a meme-tier build.

Yes. Fair is fairness, functional is if the build works at all. Condi Engineer is very fair, because its non-functional. And if we had a rare functional build like grenade holo, it got nerfed immediately.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

You're underplaying it massively. Of course it does. Else it wouldn't be so bad that its not even a meme-tier build.

Yes. Fair is fairness, functional is if the build works at all. Condi Engineer is very fair, because its non-functional. And if we had a rare functional build like grenade holo, it got nerfed immediately.

You remind me why MMORPG players are the least skillful in all the genres that exists and yet GW2 is barely close to mechanically be one that compares upon any, you still find ways to astonish me with your uncreative bias.

@Shao.7236 said:

You remind me why MMORPG players are the least skillful in all the genres that exists and yet GW2 is barely close to mechanically be one that compares upon any, you still find ways to astonish me with your uncreative bias.

Yeah, sure they are. This totally isnt your attempt at a really weird and roundabout ad hominem because you don't have any real argument. The only one biased is you, something noted by multiple people already.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:rare functional build like nades holo huh? holly kitten

Are you arguing that we haven't reached major powerdip since the february megapatch that caused a previously low-tier build like Nade Holo to suddenly become über-broken just because everything else is even weaker? I figured the Mirage main would appreciate the point. Unless you want to stick with Mirages current state.

I said it before the patch even dropped. All the Feb patch would do is introduce reverse power creep. An admittedly made-up term, the purpose of which was to describe a real phenomenon in an intuitive way.

Rather than heed any of the constant warnings I threw out, people were more interested in debating semantics, stating that "Reverse power creep isn't a real term". Then the patch dropped. Grenades became broken, necros became unkillable, renegade went from trash to renegod... and the rest is history.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Leonidrex.5649" said:rare functional build like nades holo huh? holly kitten

Are you arguing that we haven't reached major powerdip since the february megapatch that caused a previously low-tier build like Nade Holo to suddenly become über-broken just because everything else is even weaker? I figured the Mirage main would appreciate the point. Unless you want to stick with Mirages current state.

what I ment is that you implied that holo was " rare functional " while in truth it was just fucking broken as fuck.

@"Kuma.1503" said:I said it before the patch even dropped. All the Feb patch would do is introduce reverse power creep. An admittedly made-up term, the purpose of which was to describe a real phenomenon in an intuitive way.

Rather than heed any of the constant warnings I threw out, people were more interested in debating semantics, stating that "Reverse power creep isn't a real term". Then the patch dropped. Grenades became broken, necros became unkillable, renegade went from trash to renegod... and the rest is history.

Renegade went from 0 to 100 because of Sevenshot targetting changes, NOTHING else.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

Yeah, sure they are. This totally isnt your attempt at a really weird and roundabout ad hominem because you don't have any real argument. The only one biased is you, something noted by multiple people already.

You mean the people that can't accept they were carried by their build? Sure why not. Same goes for you. "Don't have any real argument" yet your argument is traits being "DECIMATED". Based on that I should say that all traits of equal effects on different professions have been "DECIMATED" therefor they are all underpowered? Guess so!

Sure I don't have an argument since you purposefully didn't quote it. I can easily back it up by the fact that anything who doesn't fit your quota of efficient is garbage, but that is yet already proven wrong by several people who just play core condi already to their own degree of success, we know Holo is easier to play, you don't have to state the obvious.

Engineer will always be harder to play by design (To which you think it's garbage), Holosmith spits on that for just having the most over the top range/effects/traits.

Double posted when I tried to edit again. Rip I may as well make this post useful in the meantime...

Did you know that Fire bomb hits like a truck if you can actually get the enemy to sit inside the radius? Pretty sure the damage is comparable to a sword of justice, and it's a short cooldown too. A firebomb and acid bomb on node could go a long way toward debunkering the enemy supports on maps with small nodes. Just a theory I've had floating around in my head.

Mostly I'm just determined to find some way to make bomb kit useful.

@"Avatar.3568" said:There is an secret condi holo build, don't worry you will see it coming

Ooh, is it like the one I posted in the elusive "shadow discord". The one that does the double smoldering thing and hits 85% burn duration?Uhh... I mean, yeah, secret. Don't worry about it.

@Shao.7236 said:Renegade went from 0 to 100 because of Sevenshot targetting changes, NOTHING else.

cough Pre-rework Renegade single handedly got Mad king rune nerfed. cough

@Kuma.1503 said:

@"Avatar.3568" said:There is an secret condi holo build, don't worry you will see it coming

Ooh, is it like the one I posted in the elusive "shadow discord". The one that does the double smoldering thing and hits 85% burn duration?Uhh... I mean, yeah, secret. Don't worry about it.

@Shao.7236 said:Renegade went from 0 to 100 because of Sevenshot targetting changes, NOTHING else.

cough
Pre-rework Renegade single handedly got Mad king rune nerfed.
cough

Idk the build but I know it exists and there are like 10 people that know what it is and it's not from some mystic shadow discords

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:rare functional build like nades holo huh? holly kitten

what I ment is that you implied that holo was " rare functional " while in truth it was just kitten broken as kitten.

Yes. Turns out being functional makes you broken when everyone else isnt functional. Thats kinda how it works. Those 2 things are not contradictory. Holo was broken because it was a bad build in a meta where most builds were atrocious. The solution shouldve been big damage buffs across the board.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:I said it before the patch even dropped. All the Feb patch would do is introduce reverse power creep. An admittedly made-up term, the purpose of which was to describe a real phenomenon in an intuitive way.

Rather than heed any of the constant warnings I threw out, people were more interested in debating semantics, stating that "Reverse power creep isn't a real term". Then the patch dropped. Grenades became broken, necros became unkillable, renegade went from trash to rene
god
... and the rest is history.

Renegade went from 0 to 100 because of Sevenshot targetting changes, NOTHING else.

You mean the people that can't accept they were carried by their build? Sure why not. Same goes for you. "Don't have any real argument" yet your argument is traits being "DECIMATED". Based on that I should say that all traits of equal effects on different professions have been "DECIMATED" therefor they are all underpowered? Guess so!

Oh Im sure there were people "carried by their build", and that that totally is unique to MMOs. Get a grip, mate. You indeed have no argument. I do. Oh and of course you have the "everyone was nerfed equally so its fine" argument. Simple thought experiment: Imagine everyone gets nerfed so that their damage ... is 0. Its an equal nerf, so its fine, right? Yeah, its not. Turns out if you nerf too hard, the game degenerates. Thats what the february patch happened, and thats what it did.

Sure I don't have an argument since you purposefully didn't quote it. I can easily back it up by the fact that anything who doesn't fit your quota of efficient is garbage, but that is yet already proven wrong by several people who just play core condi already to their own degree of success, we know Holo is easier to play, you don't have to state the obvious.

There was no argument to quote. You dont have one. You cant back it up at all, as there are no people who play core condi to any success. There was one guy who made it work ... in the random arena in heart of the mists. In ranked? Not at all. But hey, I guess youre just being open to bias.

Engineer will always be harder to play by design (To which you think it's garbage), Holosmith spits on that for just having the most over the top range/effects/traits.

Mate, I know you have no argument and as a result you have to cling to your ad hominems, but maybe don't do that to the guy who has been playing only core engineer for a year now. I know Engineer is hard to play. I also know how to play it. And unlike you, I am familiar enough with engineer to know that core condi is unplayable garbage. But go ahead, prove me wrong. Play core condi engineer, and nothing but core condi engineer for a few months, and tell me how your ranking did. Or if you're too much of a coward to do that, because you know it will make you drop rank, simply admit you were wrong, as you so often are.