Rev Sword OH

Huskyboy.1053

This is a sPvP-oriented post. Please don't comment about PvE.

This is an old weapon that hasn't been touched pretty much since HoT launch. One thing that's always bothered me is the cost of Sword 4; it's 10 for the block and 10 for the attack. In contrast, I get healing and protection from Shield 4 for only 10 (and boon extension with the trait). It shouldn't cost double the energy to get full value from the skill.

Also, since Shield 5 is such a great block and heal skill, Sword 5 should match its effectiveness offensively. Rev already has plenty of access to Fury, so while that's a nice side-effect and should stay, it needs more to be meta. The current base damage is low and it scales well with power, but not as well as it should. Upping the base damage 40% and giving it a 2 or 2.3 power coefficient would make it more worth taking sword; as it is, I love sword but I know I'd do better in groupfights and some duels with shield.

I think the way they balance it in their minds is that any skill that can block costs 5 energy per second (10 for staff 3 and sword 4 and 20 for shield 5)... Since we regenerate 5 energy every second, this makes it so people can't just rotate blocks and actually gain energy while doing so.

And then any skill that applies soft cc costs 10 energy, whereas hard cc skills cost 15, which is fine I suppose. The problem is that if all you want to do is immobilize somebody, you're now looking at spending 20 energy for a soft cc. :astonished:

I'd actually be pretty okay with them making sword 4 just the block and then making sword 5 be Shackling Wave for 10 energy on first cast, and then have Grasping Shadow be the optional second cast for 15 energy. While 25 energy to get to the pull seems like a lot, really, you rarely even try to land this skill on anybody without first immobilizing them anyways, so it's whatever.

Archived