Aurora and Vision collection time gates — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

Aurora and Vision collection time gates

BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

UPDATE: I’m adding all the time gates and similar things to this list in case other players need this info as well.

I’m casually working on these collections, though I haven’t fully decided if I want to make these or not (depends on how the legendary armory works and if Anet ever adds the ability to turn off the ugly visuals). What are the most time consuming (time gated) or similar things that I should start working on early for the collections? What I know of so far...

Aurora:

  • The Wayfarer's Henge takes more than 2 weeks to complete.
  • 2nd collection requires 21 Xunlai Electrum Ingots. Can be bought from the TP, otherwise requires 21 days to create necessary Lumps of Mithrillium.

Vision:

  • 18 Xunlai Electrum Ingots needed.
  • Getting 6 Astral weapons will take some time.
  • If player chooses to do IG-6417, the 2nd collection takes 7 days.
  • Lasting Bonds achievements chain for the Reinforced Olmakhan Bandolier isn’t time gated, but requires group events that may lead to days of waiting, such as Sandswept Isles dailies for more active maps.

Anything else I should know about for the collections part? I already know about the post-collections stuff; it's just that some collections have "hidden" time gates that are not easy to spot until players start, and it is those I want to learn about now.

I already got almost all of the LWS3 meta/mastery achievements except for the story instances achievements. For LWS4, I got all the mounts and their masteries, Elegy/Requiem armors, and the Blossoming Mist Shard armors, but barely touched the LWS4 meta/mastery achievements other than those.

Comments

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021

    For Aurora:

    • Wayfarer's Henge is a huge timegate and will make you hate that Draconis Mons map. Siren's Landing backpack is less of a timegate since you just need the orrian pearls.
    • The jumping puzzles are a hurdle if you are not great at them. That is Searing Ascent (advise a teleport to friend or "skip") and Chalice of Tears. Noran's Safe Room is less of a hassle than those two and so is Abaddon's Ascent (advise a teleport to friend to save time or "skip").

    For Vision:

    • If you are not a fan of story achievements then other than A Star to Guide Us all the other meta achievement reward boxes can be obtained in PVP/WVW reward track which takes several hours.
    • For Kralkatite Ore you're probably better off trading Eternal Ice in bulk for it. The same goes for Banner of the Commander which needs Inscribed Shards.
    • The Dragonsblood weapons aren't timegated now that serpentite jewel are on the trading post.
    • The huge timegate is Funerary Incense

    You should be more wary about timegates rather than long quest chains since you can just push through those in a weekend.

  • BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021

    Do I need Funerary Incenses for the collections? I’m only interested in working on the collections for now since I don’t want to commit large amounts of gold (Amalgamated Gemstones) until I’m sure I want to make the accessories.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2021

    You need funerary incense for the legendary and even if you don't make Vision you might want to keep them for a Gen II legendary weapon with Desert Mastery or for the ring if you raid.

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    For Aurora The jumping puzzles are hard, but doable. Wayfarer's Henge is just a long timegate.

    For Vision, You can buy an Instan Portal Scroll, and park all your alts in Istan. Do every heart with every alt until you have enough Kralk. Ore. Also turn your Eternal Ice into Kralk. Ore.

    For Funerary Incense if you have lots of trade contracts and elegy mosaics there is no time gate. For the requisite amalgamated gemstones I found that going around all the water area in Sandswept Isle gathering all of the coral there was very quick. I think there are something like 11-14 coral nodes on the map. Gather them all, and when a swap map prompt appears take it and regather them all. Upgrade the tentacles to orbs and turn the orbs into amalgamated gemstones.

    Having made both accessories I can say that neither is too terribly hard, but Vision was more laidback than Aurora.

  • Harfang.1507Harfang.1507 Member ✭✭

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    For Aurora:

    [...]

    • The jumping puzzles are a hurdle if you are not great at them. That is Searing Ascent (advise a teleport to friend or "skip") and Chalice of Tears. Noran's Safe Room is less of a hassle than those two and so is Abaddon's Ascent (advise a teleport to friend to save time or "skip").

    Please parse that one carefully: Teleport to a Friend is not to be used in Chalice of Tears. If you do, it will wipe all progress and prevent opening the final chest and getting the achievements. Ask me how I know. :angry:

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

    @Harfang.1507 said:

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    For Aurora:

    [...]

    • The jumping puzzles are a hurdle if you are not great at them. That is Searing Ascent (advise a teleport to friend or "skip") and Chalice of Tears. Noran's Safe Room is less of a hassle than those two and so is Abaddon's Ascent (advise a teleport to friend to save time or "skip").

    Please parse that one carefully: Teleport to a Friend is not to be used in Chalice of Tears. If you do, it will wipe all progress and prevent opening the final chest and getting the achievements. Ask me how I know. :angry:

    Chalice of tears has checkpoints and the other ones don't.
    TP to friend is only advisable for the ones without checkpoints.

    see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Flask_of_Tears

    Requires the triggering of all checkpoints in the puzzle. Your character cannot park at the chest, teleport to friend, or leave the instance along the way. However, you can use portals along the way.

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have done both first steps (not the 2nd ones): The one for Visions and the one for Aurora (except the stuff with the Istan weapons). Just because I liked to do the achievements. Other stuff I can do when I might want to create the legendary in the future. Since the 2nd steps seem faster and other than that is is the usual expensive gifts. (And the grind for money/materials for them.)

    Since you have done a lot of other achievements for season 3 (I bet while collecting the stuff to unlock that seed) you could do a bit of season 4 stuff - where you are still missing things - while gathering recources on that map.

    I have just started Bjora Marches. Ice there really gathers fast - and seems like a good option to trade for LS4 materials. (Though for most stuff it seems I could do it pretty fast. The grindy stuff in season 4 seemed the optional golem backpack achievement and the ascended banner - not related to visions.)

    In s3 the grindy stuff was the wayfarer henge backpack ... and the collections (not time gated but annoying as hell) to unlock that item where you can buy that "Sentient Seed" to unlock the collection for Aurora.

    But if you have all mounts and the armor sets ... you probably have no trouble in collecting currency and with grinding.

    Since nobody mentioned it yet - if you haven't noticed yet: The Xunlai Ingots can be bought from the TP (not too expensive considering the other grind that needs to be done. Just a low sum of gold).

    See here wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot
    This seems to behave similar to the other stuff for ascended things ... where you can do the previous step once a day (time gated) but the next step (ingots and leather squares and stuff) can be traded.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021

    You can still TP to Friend for Chalice of Tears if you have that prototype device from LS4. Activate it and then glide or use Griffon to hit each checkpoint one by one.

    Edit: crossed out Griffon

  • BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021

    @Luthan.5236 said:
    Since nobody mentioned it yet - if you haven't noticed yet: The Xunlai Ingots can be bought from the TP (not too expensive considering the other grind that needs to be done. Just a low sum of gold).

    See here wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Electrum_Ingot
    This seems to behave similar to the other stuff for ascended things ... where you can do the previous step once a day (time gated) but the next step (ingots and leather squares and stuff) can be traded.

    Wasn't aware that the Xunlai Electrum Ingots were tradable. Thanks for the info. I just learned that I need these for Aurora as well (21), for a total of 39. Ouch!

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    You can still TP to Friend for Chalice of Tears if you have that prototype device from LS4. Activate it and then glide or use Griffon to hit each checkpoint one by one.

    You cant mount or glide inside the volcano. But isnt it also disabled on top? But mesmer portals works, I got into a mesmer guided tour long ago for Aurora.
    Imho the most awful thing for Vision was the 3000 Kralkatite Ore

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    You can still TP to Friend for Chalice of Tears if you have that prototype device from LS4. Activate it and then glide or use Griffon to hit each checkpoint one by one.

    You cant mount or glide inside the volcano. But isnt it also disabled on top? But mesmer portals works, I got into a mesmer guided tour long ago for Aurora.
    Imho the most awful thing for Vision was the 3000 Kralkatite Ore

    You can certainly glide. If you did the JP, you’d realize that gliding is actually a requirement.

    Edit:

    I just went in and verified that gliding and the prototype device do indeed work. Is your only experience with the JP from a mesmer portaling you from checkpoint to checkpoint since you stated that you had a mesmer guided tour?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11, 2021

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    You can still TP to Friend for Chalice of Tears if you have that prototype device from LS4. Activate it and then glide or use Griffon to hit each checkpoint one by one.

    You cant mount or glide inside the volcano. But isnt it also disabled on top? But mesmer portals works, I got into a mesmer guided tour long ago for Aurora.
    Imho the most awful thing for Vision was the 3000 Kralkatite Ore

    You can certainly glide. If you did the JP, you’d realize that gliding is actually a requirement.

    Edit:

    I just went in and verified that gliding and the prototype device do indeed work. Is your only experience with the JP from a mesmer portaling you from checkpoint to checkpoint since you stated that you had a mesmer guided tour?

    Its been too long ago since I did it, so I do not remember clearly. I have both aurora and vision.

  • Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    You can still TP to Friend for Chalice of Tears if you have that prototype device from LS4. Activate it and then glide or use Griffon to hit each checkpoint one by one.

    You cant mount or glide inside the volcano. But isnt it also disabled on top? But mesmer portals works, I got into a mesmer guided tour long ago for Aurora.
    Imho the most awful thing for Vision was the 3000 Kralkatite Ore

    Just to add so that people know - prototype position rewinder and mesmer portals work BUT you need to reach each checkpoint on your way to the chest otherwise it won't open. And if you use TP to friend, if at any point it causes a loading screen, you will lose your checkpoints and bork the chest at the end. And since the JP is quite large, there's a high chance that it will.

    I did the JP solo with position rewinders. It's not that hard with those. So just grind some diflourite crystals and karma for one and go do it. Mesmers work too, but again, they need to portal you to each checkpoint first.