Soul cakes need to be disabled from WvW — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Soul cakes need to be disabled from WvW

Affinity.7253Affinity.7253 Member ✭✭

So this one may be strange to some people. What are soul cakes? That green food that give you expertise and vitality?
Yes. Those. This garbage is pure degeneracy.
People (toxic trolls) on this form love to give out the non-advice git gud, l2p etc. and predominantly "Just dodge it" to a lot of the newer players, damaging the future of the game in the process. And after years of doing so they still haven't been banned...
Anyway, good luck dodging this.
This food turns your character misty and mostly invisible. It also seems to turn some of your projectiles invisible. It is nearly impossible to see the animations of someone who has eaten this food. I had the displeasure of fighting an asura who had eaten this and the only thing I could see was a small faint ball of mist.

This food effect needs to be disabled in WvW. Provides a huge benefit to classes that have dodge-or-die moves.

Comments

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I just tested it and it’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be.

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Affinity.7253 said:
    So this one may be strange to some people. What are soul cakes? That green food that give you expertise and vitality?
    Yes. Those. This garbage is pure degeneracy.
    People (toxic trolls) on this form love to give out the non-advice git gud, l2p etc. and predominantly "Just dodge it" to a lot of the newer players, damaging the future of the game in the process. And after years of doing so they still haven't been banned...
    Anyway, good luck dodging this.
    This food turns your character misty and mostly invisible. It also seems to turn some of your projectiles invisible. It is nearly impossible to see the animations of someone who has eaten this food. I had the displeasure of fighting an asura who had eaten this and the only thing I could see was a small faint ball of mist.

    This food effect needs to be disabled in WvW. Provides a huge benefit to classes that have dodge-or-die moves.

    Cool. I'll be sure to grab some and see how op it is.

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    I have no idea what this food is but now I have to use it just because you posted this.

    I kind of want to see how much it throws people off by... how does it look with the color changing infusions or does it override it?

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I dont have any infusions but it does pretty much make your character invisble.

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Most people play with kitten gfx setting anyway so its not a big of a problem I guess. But it is pretty stealthy :)

  • Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    there is more than just soulcake that makes you to a ghost

  • maybe they will but as long as claire still uses mushroom king tonic to superspeed himself and his zerg around maps in wvw i doubt they will care

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I mean its not like you don't have this floating triangle over everyone's heads... I can see how it may obscure casting animations though.

    FWIW it disappears when you enter WvW. Not sure how much it would help, in the small amount of time I roamed today I only encountered a noob ranger that I would have roflstomped anyway.

  • Diku.2546Diku.2546 Member ✭✭✭

    What IF...

    Options - Competitive - Standard Enemy Models - [ ENABLED ]

    Also, could set the following while we're at it:

    Team Colors - [ Enemies Only]
    WvW Simple Nameplates - [ Enemies Only ]

    Does it help or not help?

    Yours truly,
    Diku

    Credibility requires critical insight & time.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:
    FWIW it disappears when you enter WvW.

    It disappear only when you change zone.

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021

    It's not so bad.
    I have sound enabled and the audio cues are more than enough for me to guess the opponent's casts.

    Also, I can see the opponent's Profession when I lock onto them, and I can pretty much guess what their loadout is anyway.

    If yu have enough knowledge, yu can guess and muscle memory dodge alot of nonsense just with audio cues.

    Yu think this is bad for combat?
    Check out Spellbreaker's bugged Full Counter animation so it looks like they have FC up all the time.

    Or Mesmers with bugged Distortion and the smokey effect lasts forever until they change maps or mount up.

    Or invisible Dome of the Mist.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Handin.4032Handin.4032 Member ✭✭✭

    No one tell him about Strawberry Ghosts...

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's not like the whole game is packed with distracting glitter or anything

    @Diku.2546 said:
    What IF...

    ikr <,<

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    Jokes on them. I don't even pay attention to what the enemy is doing!

    a true warrior, not compromising gw2s ideals for nobody

    te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

  • Calisanna.8732Calisanna.8732 Member ✭✭✭

    @ArchonWing.9480 said:
    Jokes on them. I don't even pay attention to what the enemy is doing!

    You’re my hero. Teach me senpai

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Virdo.1540 said:
    there is more than just soulcake that makes you to a ghost

    I was gonna say this, if it's anything like omnomberry ghost then it's not so bad. I haven't seen anyone use those in ages, so either I'm extremely lucky or standard models overrides it.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

  • Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Seems that OP created a new meta lol. I'm going to buy some while they're cheap and try them out haha! Thanks for the tip!

  • Shroud.2307Shroud.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is this not the same visual effect as Omnomberry Ghost?

    Necro/Engi/Ranger/Rev | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [xo] Fantasies
    My Youtube: Shroud
    "I'd rather lose playing something I enjoy than win playing something I don't."

  • Kaizen.6029Kaizen.6029 Member ✭✭

    @manky wench.4012 said:
    maybe they will but as long as claire still uses mushroom king tonic to superspeed himself and his zerg around maps in wvw i doubt they will care

    srsly? is it possible? :open_mouth:

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shroud.2307 said:
    Is this not the same visual effect as Omnomberry Ghost?

    It is but it was like 20% the cost (probably still cheaper, havent checked).

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Affinity.7253

    Every food with similiar effect will create the visual glitch even the food user toon will be invisible to the player itself or close it it .

    Omnomberry Ghost can also sorta glitch rendering i guess :\ i used this ones actually.

    Q: What the result effect by using this visual change and stealth consecutively???

    Slayers [XD] NSP Guild
    Yao Chen Herald/Ventari
    Ying Wuxian Renegade/Demon

  • @Kaizen.6029 said:

    @manky wench.4012 said:
    maybe they will but as long as claire still uses mushroom king tonic to superspeed himself and his zerg around maps in wvw i doubt they will care

    srsly? is it possible? :open_mouth:

    yes, if you've ever faced sos and claire and wondered how he gets around the map so fast thats how, he even tells his squad how to use the tonic to move faster

  • Shroud.2307Shroud.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Shroud.2307 said:
    Is this not the same visual effect as Omnomberry Ghost?

    It is but it was like 20% the cost (probably still cheaper, havent checked).

    Thought so. Don't understand the complaint of OP then since this effect has been in the game for years. Once upon a time, Omnomberry Ghosts were fairly popular to use too.

    Necro/Engi/Ranger/Rev | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [xo] Fantasies
    My Youtube: Shroud
    "I'd rather lose playing something I enjoy than win playing something I don't."