I think necro might be strong — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

I think necro might be strong

Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think it's time to visit the chopping block.

"When today’s changes were being finalized internally, Mender Scourge was starting to show some strong results in automated tournaments, but it wasn’t too widely played yet. There was some consideration to whether it warranted early adjustments, but we usually like to gather more data (including reviewing future win rate statistics and observing gameplay) before acting. Ultimately, we decided against rushing anything in for today. Given what we’ve seen since then, it’s something that we want to address sooner rather than later and we’re currently looking into some adjustments for the next release."

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
Fun Daredevil

Comments

• Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021

Lmao typical, like the population isnt struggling enough yet these scourge trash spam a build they know is super toxic yet wonder why their fav mmo us dying. Just cuz it exist doesnt mean u necros have to spam the build.

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭✭

And u are the hero that didnt want to swap cuz double thief

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Filip.7463 said:

i actually like this post you made.

it says a lot.

2 thieves is bad, ineffective.

4 necros is win.

thank you my man, my OP looks even better.

what else you got?

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

• Math.5123Math.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Imagine not being able to outrotate a 4 necro comp with double thief

~ God Tier Guardian

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Out rotate,Why would u need to? Stick a menders scourge on home and mid and the other 3 can float, kitten is a thief gonna do, push a menders scourge off a node hahahahaha. With the other three floating around and the scourges on each piont kitten are the thieves gonna do? Nothing is what.

Decap druid wins into mender scourge. And if you can't 2v1 necros on roads with double thief, you deserve to lose.

~ God Tier Guardian

• Avatar.3568Avatar.3568 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Out rotate,Why would u need to? Stick a menders scourge on home and mid and the other 3 can float, kitten is a thief gonna do, push a menders scourge off a node hahahahaha. With the other three floating around and the scourges on each piont kitten are the thieves gonna do? Nothing is what.

Decap druid wins into mender scourge. And if you can't 2v1 necros on roads with double thief, you deserve to lose.

But decap druid is another dumb build that no one rly Enjoys to play Against

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

does it?
    as much as you can "knock" scourge off point, he can fear you off, and has enough damage to pressure you off eventually I believe.
    as for 2 thief, they should lose by default just by scourges taking every objective whenever it spawns.

edited March 30, 2021

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

does it?
    as much as you can "knock" scourge off point, he can fear you off, and has enough damage to pressure you off eventually I believe.
    as for 2 thief, they should lose by default just by scourges taking every objective whenever it spawns.

Look, I'm not saying necro isn't too strong. But this isn't the way to prove it. Few classes are for when stacked, especially 4 of them. And on a map with 4 nodes. Thief, reaper and what I can only assume is a power chrono should have more than enough damage to melt them in an outnumbered fight.

Edit: yes, decap druid will hold a full capped node vs scourge.

~ God Tier Guardian

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Math.5123 said:

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

does it?

Look, I'm not saying necro isn't too strong. But this isn't the way to prove it. Few classes are for when stacked, especially 4 of them. And on a map with 4 nodes. Thief, reaper and what I can only assume is a power chrono should have more than enough damage to melt them in an outnumbered fight.

Edit: yes, decap druid will hold a full capped node vs scourge.

Nothing needs to be proven. Go queue a couple games and anyone can see what's happening.

Marshal is better on Scourge, yet not many have figured it out yet. Nothing can beat a Scourge 1v1 on a node if it's wearing Marshal.

Druid gets destroyed vs. Marshal Scourge, which actually has a lot of damage.

• Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

Necros sit on 2 points, decap druid goes for the other one... where are you rotating to? They have 5 bunkers, you only have seconds to get a kill before they get +1-d. If the thieves were playing deadly arts deadeyes, maybe this would be doable, but with mobility focused daredevils OP-s team had no chance. NONE.

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just nerf scourge stacking power and possibly how high barrier could go or something. Make it harder to get 7k alone.

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Math.5123 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

it says a lot.

4 necros is win.

what else you got?

I'm just low platin and I hate this gamemodes.

I played it for a bit. Not many games yet this season. But focussing the scourge still results in easy kills. Especially if you have some cc it's really easy to burst down. And condi weaver has the same sustain and similar damage, but no one's crying to nerf that build.

Yes it is a strong build, but there's other builds that still almost one shot a mender scourge which is evenly ridiculous, that this is allowed.

Not saying that this scourge version doesn't need a nerf but... You know.

Also with the thoughts they gave on the future... I'm not too happy with it. If they really introduce less healing power but more %-outgoing healing, that will completely kill any form of support scourge for the future. Because scourges main support is barrier, a bit of cleansing, very little boons, and some damage. And barriers aren't affected by %-outgoing healing.

Imo necro needs a rework, not further nerfs.

• Lighter.5631Lighter.5631 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021

lets face it, it's strong because it does damage, sustain like this shouldnt do damage, if theres no damage, they wouldnt win a thing.
    they heavy nerfed all other damage, but they barely touched necro damage skills.

• Jayce.5632Jayce.5632 Member ✭✭

@Lighter.5631 said:
    they heavy nerfed all other damage, but they barely touched necro damage skills.

Well Scourge, which last time I checked, is a Necro, lost 50% and over 60% of its respective base damages in the Feb20' patch.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lighter.5631 said:
    lets face it, it's strong because it does damage, sustain like this shouldnt do damage, if theres no damage, they wouldnt win a thing.

Well herein lies the real problem. It doesn't NEED to deal damage if Scourge stacks can survive forever and decap everything with AoE fear spam.

• Paradoxoglanis.1904Paradoxoglanis.1904 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its getting really tiring fighting immortal necros every other game, especially when they have quite obviously been boosted in rank because they only play scourge or core necro.

• Abyssisis.3971Abyssisis.3971 Member ✭✭✭

Also getting tired of these kitten up nercos surviving everything several players can throw at them and still walking away with full HP. Barrier and shrouds need to be toned down.

• LuRkEr.9462LuRkEr.9462 Member ✭✭✭

I usually play ranger in ranked pvp or AT but soon as I see our team doesn't have atleast 2 necros (atleast 1 being scourge) I will switch to my scourge. Its very meta right now and the team would be at a disadvantage if we didn't have it.
    That being said many of the teams winning 1st place in daily ATs dont have a scourge, but pretty much always have a core necro. With rise of necro I have been seeing more deadeyes lately to counter it.

• UNOwen.7132UNOwen.7132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:
    Can the low damage shadow arts trickery daredevils please stop complaining about tanky builds!?

I mean, mentioning traitlines is redundant, its low damage because its thief, not because of the traitlines (Those are actually the consistently highest damage traitlines).

Your mobility is the reason why people play anti decap builds at all.

Uh, no? First of all, at this point thief is barely if at all faster than Ranger or Warrior, or even Revenant. Depends on the map, if there are a lot of inclines, you can probably shave off 2 seconds, but thats not much. But also, people are playing those builds despite thief being largely unplayed at the highest level now. Because they're good in general.

Either you go anti teef bunker or you lose each point you leave alone for 5 seconds.

They're not anti-thief, theyre just good in the meta, you pick them even (or especially) if the enemy team thief.

That screenshot is comedy. If I'd see an opposing team with two teefs, I would switch to bunker too. That's what smart people do to deal with double teef. Why should you play a dps build against a target you can't kill anyway because it is too mobile? Going bunker is your only option here. The two teefs could adapt and go for critical strikes to 2v1 nuke each of the necros in 5 seconds - one after another. Transfusion port is a problem for you? Ever heard of steal stomp?

Why? If the opposing team has 2 thieves, you can play just about anything, its a free win. Smart people realise that 2 thieves means theyre essentially playing a 4v5 and will lose by default. No need to do anything special. You have literally every option available.

• @KrHome.1920 said:
    Can the low damage shadow arts trickery daredevils please stop complaining about tanky builds!?

Your mobility is the reason why people play anti decap builds at all.

Either you go anti teef bunker or you lose each point you leave alone for 5 seconds.

That screenshot is comedy. If I'd see an opposing team with two teefs, I would switch to bunker too. That's what smart people do to deal with double teef. Why should you play a dps build against a target you can't kill anyway because it is too mobile? Going bunker is your only option here. The two teefs could adapt and go for critical strikes to 2v1 nuke each of the necros in 5 seconds - one after another. Transfusion port is a problem for you? Ever heard of steal stomp?

2 teefs = free win, if u disagree ur far away from have an idea how conquest works ...

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

Are you guys finding the double necro rezzing each other and easily bunkering points to be an issue? Would CC and burst from zerker Spellbreaker be a solution?

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

@Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Also getting tired of these kitten up nercos surviving everything several players can throw at them and still walking away with full HP. Barrier and shrouds need to be toned down.

You mean you take the only defensive they have and give them what in exchange? stealth? higher mobility?

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Abyssisis.3971Abyssisis.3971 Member ✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

You mean you take the only defensive they have and give them what in exchange? stealth? higher mobility?

Absolutely nothing. Shroud needs to be brought in line with all the damage nerfs, having 50% damage reduction on top of being able to have barriers and carapace depending on how you build is a little too much.

• FrownyClown.8402FrownyClown.8402 Member ✭✭✭

I think we will see spellbreaker back on side nodes and tempest as a cc/support. These alone will counter necro pretty hard. We could prob see reaper coming back into the meta too.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:
    Its getting really tiring fighting immortal necros every other game, especially when they have quite obviously been boosted in rank because they only play scourge or core necro.

skirmishing + beastmastery + soulbeast longow goes brzznt, 30k rapid-fire them necros

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021

Been like that...for years now since 2016...necro has been steadily buffed to kingdom come for years...then the Feb patch made everything worst by lowering dmg and sustain on almost everything

But I have hope now....even MightyTeapot had to notice recently how much dmg reapers do.....finally people are starting to realize...hopefully something will change in the not too distant future

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

skirmishing + beastmastery + soulbeast longow goes brzznt, 30k rapid-fire them necros

Shush you don't spill trade secrets, definitely do not tell people that you can finish them off with swoop maul hit bash maul if they survive the rapid fire somehow.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Been like that...for years now since 2016...necro has been steadily buffed to kingdom come for years...then the Feb patch made everything worst by lowering dmg and sustain on almost everything

But I have hope now....even MightyTeapot had to notice recently how much dmg reapers do.....finally people are starting to realize...hopefully something will change in the not too distant future

Necro is good cause it has the least amount of dead traits like 300 cds and all of its traitlines mechanically function well enough and kinda complete their goal, even death magic works these days. Maybe all the nerfbats and reworks worked in favour with necro in the end since it switched up kitten traits and all that cause people had necro on the chopper every patch. On the Reaper part well it doesn't bring anything else to the table except damage, I think they should nerf the Worm ports and Lich(but in a way that is not useless you know where you use yours skills) and maybe after the nerf on it buff Chilled to the bone, does some damage or something.
    In simpler words you kitten are just jealous since your classes have kitten dead traits and you can't change your builds like necro can.

• Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

@Vancho.8750 said:
    Necro is good cause it has the least amount of dead traits like 300 cds

There are some equally sad traits for Necro that do come to mind. Dhuumfire on Scourge has been so heavily nerfed that running a defensive sustain trait like Eternal Life is effectively more dps.

I think they should nerf the Worm ports

Easiest way to nerf it would just be to have the Wurm be capable of moving so that it would follow you around like the other minions.

buff Chilled to the bone, does some damage or something.

It has always been very sad that it doesn't inflict Freeze like Deep Freeze from Frost Bow.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:
    Necro is good cause it has the least amount of dead traits like 300 cds

There are some equally sad traits for Necro that do come to mind. Dhuumfire on Scourge has been so heavily nerfed that running a defensive sustain trait like Eternal Life is effectively more dps.

I think they should nerf the Worm ports

Easiest way to nerf it would just be to have the Wurm be capable of moving so that it would follow you around like the other minions.

buff Chilled to the bone, does some damage or something.

It has always been very sad that it doesn't inflict Freeze like Deep Freeze from Frost Bow.

Yeah it is kinda crappy but they don't really come close as stinkers like Defense on Warrior or Acrobatics on Thief. When you start comparing bad skills on necro with other classes you can see that it could have been way way worse.

• Gamble.4580Gamble.4580 Member ✭✭✭

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Shush you don't spill trade secrets, definitely do not tell people that you can finish them off with swoop maul hit bash maul if they survive the rapid fire somehow.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Necro is good cause it has the least amount of dead traits like 300 cds and all of its traitlines mechanically function well enough and kinda complete their goal, even death magic works these days. Maybe all the nerfbats and reworks worked in favour with necro in the end since it switched up kitten traits and all that cause people had necro on the chopper every patch. On the Reaper part well it doesn't bring anything else to the table except damage, I think they should nerf the Worm ports and Lich(but in a way that is not useless you know where you use yours skills) and maybe after the nerf on it buff Chilled to the bone, does some damage or something.
    In simpler words you kitten are just jealous since your classes have kitten dead traits and you can't change your builds like necro can.

Was reading till I read nurf wurm ports... this guy don’t play necro. Swipe right NEXT

@Gamble.4580 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Was reading till I read nurf wurm ports... this guy don’t play necro. Swipe right NEXT

Or this guy has played more necro games then everyone posting in the thread combined, and believes that mister aoe bomber does not need a crutch for kitten ups.

• Quadox.7834Quadox.7834 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2021

the main thing i dislike about necro are animations. specifically:

• staff marks (4/5 are technically different but still too hard to discern).
    • spinal shivers animation. for such a big impact ranged skill without projecile, it needs a bigger animation imo.

// Yanim

edited April 10, 2021

@Quadox.7834 said:

• spinal shivers animation. for such a big impact ranged skill without projecile, it needs a bigger animation imo.

I feel like necro staff is the laziest designed weapon in the game. What does it do, Circles, like the designer just copy pasted the same skill 4 times.
    For spinal it needs an animation like Ice spike or something over the target to indicate damage instead of hand flailing from off the screen, that goes for other similar skills on other classes too.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

I feel like necro staff is the laziest designed weapon in the game. What does it do, Circles, like the designer just copy pasted the same skill 4 times.
    For spinal it needs an animation like Ice spike or something over the target to indicate damage instead of hand flailing from off the screen, that goes for other similar skills on other classes too.

LOL lets give it raid boss damage animation
    ok guise dodge in 321

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

edited April 10, 2021

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Quadox.7834 said:

LOL lets give it raid boss damage animation
    ok guise dodge in 321

I don't what to tell you but I'm still able to land executioner's scythe while under the effects of slow and it looks like the loony toons .