Please help to choose a main.Sry i`am annoying. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

Please help to choose a main.Sry i`am annoying.

Hy i want a main for daily fractals T1,2,3,4. Open world,farm collection.I have guardian full berserker but i dying in story .So i like 3 classes pls vote which one will be better for what i ask.Ty and sry again.

Please help to choose a main.Sry i`am annoying. 41 votes

Guardian
58%
FrownyClown.8402Obtena.7952Lily.1935Buran.3796Blood Red Arachnid.2493Infusion.7149Tseison.4659Seteruss.4058Lotus Bane.9387SkyCakeLight.3750Alaia Skyhawk.5064Bailios.7518MisterDizzy.4713Fueki.4753XPorkyX.2691Only Even.6193kiri.1467Konrad Curze.5130GeorgeHaldane.9453Heepnose.5174 24 votes
Warrior
24%
Zodi.8932RikGant.3405Calisanna.8732Lan Deathrider.5910deadteds.2659Shinrai.8532Frodox.1283wolkzel.9706Lousian.4927swagerino.9713 10 votes
Ranger
17%
Roda.7468InsaneQR.7412Skada.1362Raarsi.6798Psycoprophet.8107Mungo Zen.9364Daddy.8125 7 votes

Comments

  • Mungo Zen.9364Mungo Zen.9364 Member ✭✭✭
    Ranger

    Without knowing anything else about what you enjoy, I think Soulbeast Ranger might be the easiest entry point for fractals.

    Why did you select those three as potential professions? What role do you want to fulfill in Fractals, and have you looked at the Meta for fractals at higher tiers?

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    Warrior. Every groups wants their kitten banners. Lazy bums... That and Warrior can do fairly good DPS in FotM, does well in OWPvE, and is all around an easy and fun class to play in PvE. Also comes with a large variety of weapons to choose from. I've solo'd the entire story on my Warrior, done several collections, and have a large array of Legendary equipment on him at this point.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    Warrior

    i play now t4 with DH guardian full berserker.but i dont like guardian in open world i die too fast

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    @Lousian.4927 said:
    i play now t4 with DH guardian full berserker.but i dont like guardian in open world i die too fast

    My advice then is for OW/Story to have a different gear set. DH can ramp up burns very fast, so while power is king in OWPvE, you can play just as well there as condi.

    Try this build in OW and see if you like it:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABs2x/lJwQYUMH2JO+WatNA-zxIY84PQyDhkEorCcmGQ8pB-e

    Ascended gear is entirely optional, exotic should work fine. But that should be pretty tanky and get BIG burn ticks. You can try Greatsword instead of sword and use the pull to ball up mobs. Because the burn is all from Sword of Justice and Spear of Justice passive procs any weapon set will work fine, so the Hammer AA chain can be used for protection and burns for easy mode gameplay.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    Warrior

    @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

    @Lousian.4927 said:
    i play now t4 with DH guardian full berserker.but i dont like guardian in open world i die too fast

    My advice then is for OW/Story to have a different gear set. DH can ramp up burns very fast, so while power is king in OWPvE, you can play just as well there as condi.

    Try this build in OW and see if you like it:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABs2x/lJwQYUMH2JO+WatNA-zxIY84PQyDhkEorCcmGQ8pB-e

    Ascended gear is entirely optional, exotic should work fine. But that should be pretty tanky and get BIG burn ticks. You can try Greatsword instead of sword and use the pull to ball up mobs. Because the burn is all from Sword of Justice and Spear of Justice passive procs any weapon set will work fine, so the Hammer AA chain can be used for protection and burns for easy mode gameplay.

    and i forget to tell i think guardian is slow...i mean all skills is slow.Warrior is same?

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    @Lousian.4927 said:

    @Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

    @Lousian.4927 said:
    i play now t4 with DH guardian full berserker.but i dont like guardian in open world i die too fast

    My advice then is for OW/Story to have a different gear set. DH can ramp up burns very fast, so while power is king in OWPvE, you can play just as well there as condi.

    Try this build in OW and see if you like it:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABs2x/lJwQYUMH2JO+WatNA-zxIY84PQyDhkEorCcmGQ8pB-e

    Ascended gear is entirely optional, exotic should work fine. But that should be pretty tanky and get BIG burn ticks. You can try Greatsword instead of sword and use the pull to ball up mobs. Because the burn is all from Sword of Justice and Spear of Justice passive procs any weapon set will work fine, so the Hammer AA chain can be used for protection and burns for easy mode gameplay.

    and i forget to tell i think guardian is slow...i mean all skills is slow.Warrior is same?

    Well, no. If you mean runspeed then swap out the runes for Runes of Speed and take Staff (ditto for warrior but take warhorn). If it is just attack speed then there are sigils for that (Rage and Celerity). With the sigils and Runes of the Firebrand you should have fairly high quickness uptime on any class. There are also Runes of the Cavalier with give you quickness on dismount. But in general as a condi DH SoJ + Scepter/Focus+Sword/Torch is fairly fast gameplay.

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    Something that should be a bit faster, but still a DH:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABs2x/lJwQYUMHGJO+WatNA-zxQYsYzDrMatE6IDsbaAxnG-e

    And a warrior build that should be pretty durable.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceRlFwGZXMMWJOST9LPA-zRJYiR3fh0UCEWI0aFI+04gZAA-e

    Lots of quickness in there, but axe isn't a slow weapon to begin with. The extra quickness would help Rifle though. Might Makes Right, Mending Might, Phalanx Strength, and Runes of the Mad King will heal you for more than your heal skill in OWPvE every use of rage signet so long as both friends and enemies are nearby.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021
    Guardian

    Guardian is the correct answer. It's the only class you can actually carry a fractal group on. If you play ranger then your only carry option is druid, which doesn't provide quickness or adequate damage.

    If you're dying on Berserker gear you need to play a different build , use your aegis skills, or run marauder stats. You can also go full tank on trailblazer or dire + smoldering sigil and balthazar rune , and then use condition firebrand.

    I'm surprised renegade was not mentioned, it is one of the most robust classes in PVE.

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021
    Guardian

    Honestly, it sounds like you should consider multiple classes for the various contents you want to play if you want optimal performance in all of them. I mean, it's weird you can full zerk Guardian in a T4 ... but you are dying in OW with it? Seriously, what build are you using? Are you using different builds for the content appropriately?

    Put it this way ... the class you use optimally for High level fractals may NOT be optimally suited for anything outside of high level fractals. If they are, it will DEFINITELY require a build swap to do so. Even between T1 and T4 fractals ... different builds if you want optimal play.

    Abuse from people that tell you how to play is not a reason to change a class in a game that is designed and works to allow you to play how you want.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    Warrior

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Honestly, it sounds like you should consider multiple classes for the various contents you want to play if you want optimal performance in all of them. I mean, it's weird you can full zerk Guardian in a T4 ... but you are dying in OW with it? Seriously, what build are you using? Are you using different builds for the content appropriately?

    Put it this way ... the class you use optimally for High level fractals may NOT be optimally suited for anything outside of high level fractals. If they are, it will DEFINITELY require a build swap to do so. Even between T1 and T4 fractals ... different builds if you want optimal play.

    i use build from https://discretize.eu/ for fractals and for open world is not different

  • Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021
    Guardian

    @Lousian.4927 said:

    @Obtena.7952 said:
    Honestly, it sounds like you should consider multiple classes for the various contents you want to play if you want optimal performance in all of them. I mean, it's weird you can full zerk Guardian in a T4 ... but you are dying in OW with it? Seriously, what build are you using? Are you using different builds for the content appropriately?

    Put it this way ... the class you use optimally for High level fractals may NOT be optimally suited for anything outside of high level fractals. If they are, it will DEFINITELY require a build swap to do so. Even between T1 and T4 fractals ... different builds if you want optimal play.

    i use build from https://discretize.eu/ for fractals and for open world is not different

    Well, it should be different because the things you need for fractals are definitely not the same things you need for OW content, even the hard stuff. Sure, people are going to tell you that you can 'do whatever' because OW is so easy ... but those people are not considering that just like in fractals, there are LOTS of factors that contribute to how people can be successful in OW as well.

    Abuse from people that tell you how to play is not a reason to change a class in a game that is designed and works to allow you to play how you want.

  • Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior

    They should be able to pay in OWPvE an any class.

    @Lousian.4927 Grab yourself some Dire or Carrion gear off of the TP and see if that helps your guardian. Guardian in Berserker's gear is pretty squishy to play solo. If condi isn't your thing then try Knight, Valkyrie, or Marauder gear.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021
    Warrior

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    Guardian is the correct answer. It's the only class you can actually carry a fractal group on. If you play ranger then your only carry option is druid, which doesn't provide quickness or adequate damage.

    If you're dying on Berserker gear you need to play a different build , use your aegis skills, or run marauder stats. You can also go full tank on trailblazer or dire + smoldering sigil and balthazar rune , and then use condition firebrand.

    I'm surprised renegade was not mentioned, it is one of the most robust classes in PVE.

    i was thinking on renegade but i have read about Alac and i saw ppls how said about Alac Renegade is hard it is true?

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2021
    Guardian

    It's hard to be great if you're new to it but if you're PUGing it the bar is really not high. People just expect you to press F4 for alacrity and then CC the breakbar for fractals. If there's a boon instability then you'll want to run banish enchantment on mallyx.

    I've outdps players claiming to be DPS while on alac renegade and then some people are surprised "are you running berserker's?". So obviously your average alacrity renegade is not that great.

    With enough experience you will know which legends to swap in for every fractal. For example, if there's an instability We Bleed Fire and you don't have high confidence in your healbrand , you can run Ventari legend and block all the projectiles completely. It also blocks the projectiles in Snowblind fractal from the Ice elemental and the laser turrets in Uncategorized fractal. For Chaos and Deepstone, if your healbrand and DPS players are not great at CC, running Dwarf legend allows you to apply more CC via lightning field and acts as a safeguard in case of any mechanics that pull everyone or knock them down. If you aren't getting enough heals regardless of fractal you can use Soulcleave summit to boost everyone's health and apply some damage.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    Warrior

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    It's hard to be great if you're new to it but if you're PUGing it the bar is really not high. People just expect you to press F4 for alacrity and then CC the breakbar for fractals. If there's a boon instability then you'll want to run banish enchantment on mallyx.

    I've outdps players claiming to be DPS while on alac renegade and then some people are surprised "are you running berserker's?". So obviously your average alacrity renegade is not that great.

    With enough experience you will know which legends to swap in for every fractal. For example, if there's an instability We Bleed Fire and you don't have high confidence in your healbrand , you can run Ventari legend and block all the projectiles completely. It also blocks the projectiles in Snowblind fractal from the Ice elemental and the laser turrets in Uncategorized fractal.

    can you give me one build pls?

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guardian

    You can just run https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/power-renegade
    With higher AR you can run more damage as the required boon duration from gear drops.

  • Lousian.4927Lousian.4927 Member ✭✭
    Warrior

    @Infusion.7149 said:
    You can just run https://discretize.eu/builds/revenant/power-renegade
    With higher AR you can run more damage as the required boon duration from gear drops.

    Ty Have a nice day

  • Konrad Curze.5130Konrad Curze.5130 Member ✭✭✭
    Guardian

    Guardian is the best if you are good
    Revenant is the best if you are bad
    Necromancer is the best if you are very bad

  • Guardian

    Safe bet Guardian.
    Good everywhere in PVE and pvp incase you get bored of Fracs.

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ranger

    Guards by far best on the list, rangers just one of my fav archetypes.

  • @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    Necromancer is the best if you are very bad

    Thrilled to know I main the proper class B)

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Guardian

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    Guardian is the best if you are good
    Revenant is the best if you are bad
    Necromancer is the best if you are very bad

    As a necromancer main from GW1, I am very envious of the kit Guardian has.

    Also currently I'd say Guardian is the best class overall.

  • Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

    @Lousian.4927 You've created multiple threads asking other people to basically "pick a main for you" and you still didn't make up your mind. I don't think yet another thread will solve it for you. I'd say stop trying to pick a "main", just play whatever you want to at any given moment. Swap the classes between the content or based on your brief daily preferences.

    @Lily.1935 said:

    @Konrad Curze.5130 said:
    Guardian is the best if you are good
    Revenant is the best if you are bad
    Necromancer is the best if you are very bad

    As a necromancer main from GW1, I am very envious of the kit Guardian has.

    ...then just play guardian, no need to be "envious" when you can just use it. :D

  • Hope you found your answer after all these posts lol

  • Warrior

    i will go warrior.i like it more.Ty all.