Remove block option on right click for world vs world when clicking other world player — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Remove block option on right click for world vs world when clicking other world player

Dagnis.2936Dagnis.2936 Member
edited April 3, 2021 in WvW

So the whole idea is that players can't contact others of another world because there is no way to find out who they are. HOWEVER.. thats wrong.

You can simply block someone and their name appears on your block list. Remember the name, and unblock them. Done, you can now trash talk anyone from another world. Just had this happen to me.

This needs to be fixed as it's a commonly known thing.

Comments

  • frareanselm.1925frareanselm.1925 Member ✭✭✭

    Op is right, most of the time this is used for insulting or being salty.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Use the block feature to stop any unwanted communication?
    Report player?

    @Choppy.4183 said:
    You know you can use the feature you're talking about to stop anyone abusing you, on an opposing server or otherwise, right? Maybe do that instead of calling for the removal of everybody's ability to talk to people on different servers.

    I'm referring to the ability to right click on a players portrait and click block. Most normal options aren't there, but block and report are. Seeing as you can't normally hear or talk to this person, block shouldn't be needed. Instead, ironically, block allows for the very action that would warrant a block. A block can still be done on that player via chat, if needed. That said, if block is remove from portrait, it won't ever be needed in wvw for players from other worlds.

    Anet has also made it clear they don't show names so that people can't contact each other. Having block allows for something they don't actually want.

  • Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dagnis.2936 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Use the block feature to stop any unwanted communication?
    Report player?

    @Choppy.4183 said:
    You know you can use the feature you're talking about to stop anyone abusing you, on an opposing server or otherwise, right? Maybe do that instead of calling for the removal of everybody's ability to talk to people on different servers.

    I'm referring to the ability to right click on a players portrait and click block. Most normal options aren't there, but block and report are. Seeing as you can't normally hear or talk to this person, block shouldn't be needed. Instead, ironically, block allows for the very action that would warrant a block. A block can still be done on that player via chat, if needed. That said, if block is remove from portrait, it won't ever be needed in wvw for players from other worlds.

    Anet has also made it clear they don't show names so that people can't contact each other. Having block allows for something they don't actually want.

    You've missed the point we both made. Quite a lot of people, myself included, have used this feature for years to have perfectly friendly and productive conversations with people on other servers. You got some salt thrown at you, which happens, so why don't you the same block feature they're using to initiate conversations with you to stop them from being able to do so?

    That will keep people from giving you grief without taking away a good feature for the rest of us.

    I’m Biffles Ma Niffles, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

  • Shroud.2307Shroud.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dagnis.2936 said:

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Use the block feature to stop any unwanted communication?
    Report player?

    @Choppy.4183 said:
    You know you can use the feature you're talking about to stop anyone abusing you, on an opposing server or otherwise, right? Maybe do that instead of calling for the removal of everybody's ability to talk to people on different servers.

    I'm referring to the ability to right click on a players portrait and click block. Most normal options aren't there, but block and report are. Seeing as you can't normally hear or talk to this person, block shouldn't be needed. Instead, ironically, block allows for the very action that would warrant a block. A block can still be done on that player via chat, if needed. That said, if block is remove from portrait, it won't ever be needed in wvw for players from other worlds.

    Anet has also made it clear they don't show names so that people can't contact each other. Having block allows for something they don't actually want.

    You can also invite people to parties even if they're on another server. Waypointing will reveal their name as well.

    I don't see either of these things as an issue. You shouldn't be disallowed from communicating with people on other servers just because it can be used for negative reasons. If that were the case I'd say PvP would be a lot more important to censor since there are so many people that will rant and rage in /say or /map.

    Necro/Engi/Ranger/Rev | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    [YWY] Weeping Valley | [xo] Fantasies
    My Youtube: Shroud
    "I'd rather lose playing something I enjoy than win playing something I don't."

  • Some Call Me Tim.2319Some Call Me Tim.2319 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    But getting trashtalked is one of the most enjoyable events in WvW. Even if the enemy was good you know they are a moron. I love taunting them back. My favorite response lately when we gank them 3+v1 and someone start going on a whisper tirade:

    "Welcome to the WvW sir"

    US peeps wont get it, but you know.

    Got a salty whisper yesterday. I find it a compliment. Then again he insulted my game play... after I killed him! whut? I simply replied, bahahahaha. and he went away.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2021

    Trashtalking is like 80% of wvw. How i can larp crazy person if i can't whisper to enemy?

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • Rukasu.3097Rukasu.3097 Member ✭✭

    I love trashtalking gankers when I kill them and cowardly Mexicans hiding in a tower at 2 am EU. It's a very useful option.

    I may be flora, but you and I can have some fauna.

  • GoldenPants.1870GoldenPants.1870 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dagnis.2936 said:
    You can simply block someone and their name appears on your block list. Remember the name, and unblock them. Done, you can now trash talk anyone from another world. Just had this happen to me.

    I dunno, I like this feature, I love when people rage at me when I hit their giant forehead with a 15k Death's Judgment. :)

  • I personally like the block feature in WvW. How else will I find the names of cheaters using teleport hacks, cheaters using wall walking, cheaters using less obvious hacks like damage and stat manipulation or stealth hacks?

  • Kondor.2904Kondor.2904 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2021

    I'd rather have them make another /say chat for all servers to see, so I don't have to go through all these annoying clicks every time I want to trashtalk someone >_<

  • TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

    After I BM and siege their dead bodies when they try to 3vs1 me and I get that sweet, sweet PM noise, I just know my day is about to get better.

    "When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

  • Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

    The ability to collect salty whispers from enemy players is part of the fun of roaming the borderlands.

  • Getting a salty whisper is like a badge of honour!

    But even more important: you meet a guild group, that is new or the usual com is offline. You block, unblock and now you have a contact to talk to about where to meet, time to start etc. Extremely useful!

  • avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

    I liked flying kites and chilling with enemies, allies are boring.

  • kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

    after all its not that crazy common... i play since 2019, have rank 20xx and got not even 10 salty messagers, notsure if it was even 5... so eh.

    as others said: guild comms use this to make contact with other guilds. if would be disabled u had to look up their tags name always manually, which is unreasonable amount of work.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Perhaps a toggle in options to prevent people from whispering you who are on enemy server in wvw?

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Perhaps a toggle in options to prevent people from whispering you who are on enemy server in wvw?

    You mean like switching to "offline" over the LFG window?

    Praise Joko! And make necros great again!

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Galmac.4680 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:
    Perhaps a toggle in options to prevent people from whispering you who are on enemy server in wvw?

    You mean like switching to "offline" over the LFG window?

    No I mean the toggle would block whispers from anyone not of your server in wvw.
    If you set to offline then nobody at all can whisper you.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • DerJoker.9081DerJoker.9081 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    But getting trashtalked is one of the most enjoyable events in WvW. Even if the enemy was good you know they are a moron. I love taunting them back. My favorite response lately when we gank them 3+v1 and someone start going on a whisper tirade:

    "Welcome to the WvW sir"

    US peeps wont get it, but you know.

    Im going with the classic:
    "So many flavours and you choose to be salty <3"