Make 2nd Generation Legendary tradable on TP

Titan.3472

Because it would impact 1st generation of legendary weapons market price down in the first place and boost all required materials prices up to craft the now tradable 2nd generation of legendary weapons now newly available for a new legendary weapons market. Impact would be on wealth redistribution across players will be based on the basic mats provided & sold by players and controlled and bought by market flippers.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at all the people being picky choosy.

"Have no time to level and discover waypoints, I am enjoying the game immediately, effort not required" wp unlock 80 boost w/ creditcard is not cheating

when it suits you

"put some effort in to acquiring them instead of just a credit card..." buying leggy with creditcard is so cheating

When it doesnt

Curunen I was just using you as an example, didnt mean to single you out.

Why it should have been a mystake?The epic part of a legendary item is to get it, not to use it or whatever.The possibility to obtain an item through more ways is always a good thing.

To make some examples

Triknets ( Accessories, Backpacks, Rings and Amulets ) can be obtained through

1. Laurels
  2. SPvP
  3. WvW
  4. PvE
  5. Fractals
  6. Guild Missions

Leggendary Armor

• PvE
  • SPvP
  • WvW

T1 Legendaries

1. Craft
  2. TP

Ascended Materials

1. Craft
  2. TP
  3. Chests ( if you need empyreal, bloodstone or dragonite, opening halloween chests could be a very fast way to obtain em, compared to the time you would have needed ).
  4. PVE

The T2 legendary items are now different for 2 reasons

1. Required to, or somehow forced, ( note that the term i used is that one because there are no alternative to pursue that specific goal ) play the game and specific content or events ( achievements, tokens, and everything which is account bound ) in order to get the item.
  2. To sell the expansion ( though PoF is out and has mounts, T2 leggies will continue with PoF, and if a player wants them, will need to purchase HoT as well ).

I am totally fine with point 2, but since the game gw2 is, i really don't like when things have only 1 way to be obtained.

@"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:Look at all the people being picky choosy.

"Have no time to level and discover waypoints, I am enjoying the game immediately, effort not required" wp unlock 80 boost w/ creditcard is not cheating

when it suits you

"put some effort in to acquiring them instead of just a credit card..." buying leggy with creditcard is so cheating

When it doesnt

Curunen I was just using you as an example, didnt mean to single you out.

Well personally I've never complained about anything cosmetic being locked behind tasks and time gates.

Level 80 boost and waypoints are neither cosmetic nor prestige items - the 80 unlock allows new players to access everything for a given profession, and the waypoint unlock is quality of life - totally different ballpark from a legendary item. For the record I'm sitting on a stack of tomes of knowledge so don't care about either of these things anyway.

But having recently put a hell of a lot of effort into finishing astralaria, I do admit I'd be very disappointed to see that undervalued if I could have just thrown gold at it instead.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said::-1: No. I think one of ANet's biggest mistakes was to make legendaries tradeable. It should not be possible to get a legendary without having invested a certain amount of time and effort. 100% world completion and the Karma-barrier ensure just that.

Arenanet agrees with you, and has said the only reason that they didn't make them untradable is because of how long the legendary market had been around before HoT. I wouldn't expect any new legendaries to be tradable. This is one of the few rare instances of arenanet actually awarding people specifically for playing the game rather than whipping out a credit card. Treasure it.

Oh hell no! I just finished making both The Shining Blade and Chuka and Chumpawat. Do you realize how much effort it takes to make two legendaries at the same time! I love that you can’t buy the HoT legendaries, it makes them true prestige items! I sincerely wish that the original legendaries were not tradeable either, would give some real meaning to owning one.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I'd prefer if they'd just add amalgament gemstones to a selected few events in Central Tyria and PoF.I absolutely hate spending up to 5h a day doing HoT Metas just to somehow gather together 4 AG's. Just thinking about Dragons Stand almost makes me give up on Astralaria...

upgrade components (orbs, doubloons etc) that are used to forge amalgamated gemstones can be obtained in central tyria and PoF already.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:I'd prefer if they'd just add amalgament gemstones to a selected few events in Central Tyria and PoF.I absolutely hate spending up to 5h a day doing HoT Metas just to somehow gather together 4 AG's. Just thinking about Dragons Stand almost makes me give up on Astralaria...

I'm not expecting to get more than 10-20 gemstones from metas, I just don't do them much.I buy orbs and MF them myself instead!

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said::-1: No. I think one of ANet's biggest mistakes was to make legendaries tradeable. It should not be possible to get a legendary without having invested a certain amount of time and effort. 100% world completion and the Karma-barrier ensure just that.

Arenanet agrees with you, and has said the only reason that they didn't make them untradable is because of how long the legendary market had been around before HoT. I wouldn't expect any new legendaries to be tradable. This is one of the few rare instances of arenanet actually awarding people specifically for playing the game rather than whipping out a credit card. Treasure it.

There are plenty of rewards for playing the game. You just seem hell bent on crying out "greedy company" at every opportunity as evidenced by several of your other posts. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Anet doing things that make money. See, they are a business and need money to keep going. Why do some people not understand this concept? Additionally, since anyone can convert gold to gems, that provides a way to reward yourself with any gem store items you want simply by playing the game. That single fact makes the accusations of greed and money-grab completely empty.

I'm not interested in 2nd gen Legendaries because of this system of everything being bound. I get people want to earn them and do the whole process, but it's not for me. Gen 1 was finally done proper where you can craft everything including precursor, or you could just buy what you needed from coin made doing content you wanted.
I was able to collect mats and money the way I wanted for my Gen 1 Legendaries and the option is there for people who want to fully craft. Gen 1 is win/win as pretty much everyone is covered. Gen 2 is limited to one way and one way only (and only once).

@Wanze.8410 said:it would also remove one of the main incentives to purchase HoT from Anet

How so? Wouldn't you still have to own HoT to buy them? From my understanding, there are already items on the TP that ANet has the ability to block certain players from buying (I think F2P players have some restrictions, and from what I understand core players also can't buy HoT only mats like flax seeds?)

Archived