The damage multiplier in WvW is broken — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

The damage multiplier in WvW is broken

I have been noticing more classes exploiting the traits and skills that boost raw damage multipliers and often these builds either can macro spike you dead in a second flat for 20,000 plus damage or can tank or stealth till you are dead or pop shroud and tank five plus players at once while dealing out 5,000 damage per hit....

....I keep seeing attacks that shouldn't do 5,000 damage for their low cast time do 8,000 damage. or attacks that hit twice doing 5,000+ per hit and can be stacked on top of other attacks for even more damage...

...Did the developers give up on balancing this game? Are the only way to win no is to cheat? Or should we just give up and let the cheaters win?

Someone shake the developers and wake em up so they can fix the broken mess in World vs World of 100% crit chance high damage dealing cheaters.

I personally suggest that all damage modifiers that boost your damage also have a side affect. Either dealing as much damage to self, applying a weakness like condition that cannot be removed to self for 20 seconds or more when a damage modifier or for permanent damage boost modifiers a reduction in toughness and vitality while in use for the same percent the boost gives. That way if you go all power you go glass cannon.

Kill of the all power damage exploit builds for good in WvW. It only encourages cheating.

Ps I would also like to see all skills and actions cancel all other skills and actions if used on top of already skills and or actions that are in progress to stop some of the botter's spike builds and also the botter thief's favorite macro bot maneuver of starting a finisher, teleporting away, then teleporting back perfectly in time to complete the finisher move avoiding any and all counters, If you do interrupt them or get revived they complete the botted script of teleporting back and having to start again or do something else.

Comments

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

What skills would be broken? The only thing that comes to mind right now is that engi grenade barrage, but not sure it is broken. Just high damage.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ever played a soldier or wanderer build?

If you feel too squishy even in this gear, WvW is simply not made for you, because the sustain is good enough - even too good for some specific builds.

The sustain in organised groups is generally too high. But that's a result of a few broken support skills and not a general issue of the game mode.

And the amount of "cheating", "scripting" and "exploiting" excuses for your inability to adapt is surreal.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

There are plenty of stat combos that get various professions to 100% crit. That's not an exploit that's just playing the game.

Thief teleport stomp is working as intended and there would be little point in making a stomp macro (you are better off just pressing F, your Shadowstep key, and then Return when the channel bar is 95% filled up).

Big damage skills are possible usually with a combination of conditional/situational bonuses that will not last very long. Quickness is an example of a short term boon that heavily increases damage by letting players stack lots of abilities in a short time. This is both intended and a good thing. There is more sustain than damage these days so if the attacker whiffs their attack they will be hitting like a wet noodle and not be a threat.

Stealth and short term sustain abilities are how higher damage builds don't get instantly deleted off the field by higher sustain builds. You think it is unfair but the same stealth or tank abilities are available to you. They are the ones over relying on those skills and if they use them up they are actually at a huge disadvantage until the cooldown expires. You do have to play around them. This is working as intended.

I realize you and many people think the devs have given up on balance. However, the devs have also been working on balance for a while now. Of course there are always issues, but the huge damage reductions the game has seen over the last year and a half is the devs vision of balance. We can disagree but you can't say they aren't following some kind of balancing philosophy. The pace is slower because we haven't seen a new expansion for a while so, in theory, balance issues shouldn't be as severe now (again in their mind not necessarily what players would agree with).

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

the only damage multipliers that are still broken are deadeye and soulbeast, maybe holo one shot meme too.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭✭

Someone shake the developers and wake em up so they can fix the broken mess in World vs World of 100% crit chance high damage dealing cheaters.

You are confused. None of this is cheating.

90%+ crit chance is the only viable way to build Power-damage builds in any game mode. Otherwise you're just rolling the dice on every skill use and big cooldowns may end up hitting like a complete wet noodle even when you do everything right.

I personally suggest that all damage modifiers that boost your damage also have a side affect. Either dealing as much damage to self, applying a weakness like condition that cannot be removed to self for 20 seconds or more when a damage modifier or for permanent damage boost modifiers a reduction in toughness and vitality while in use for the same percent the boost gives. That way if you go all power you go glass cannon.

The builds you're fighting are glass cannons. You're just playing some weird garbage that can't deal damage at all, from the sound of it.

Ps I would also like to see all skills and actions cancel all other skills and actions if used on top of already skills and or actions that are in progress to stop some of the botter's spike builds and also the botter thief's favorite macro bot maneuver of starting a finisher, teleporting away, then teleporting back perfectly in time to complete the finisher move avoiding any and all counters, If you do interrupt them or get revived they complete the botted script of teleporting back and having to start again or do something else.

You don't need a bot to do this, the little bar fills up to tell you exactly when to port back. Try it yourself! It's REALLY EASY.

Thieves don't have Stability or Invuln, so if your allies aren't asleep they can counter this particular style of safe-stomp by either CCing the thief in the spot they've ported to (your downed skills can't reach them but they can) or by counting to 4 and spamming CC around you when the stomp would connect, or by just spamming CC around you when you go down so the thief can't initiate the stomp (this will work even if they apply stealth before stomping — also if they take the time to stealth up first someone can rub you back to life before the stomp animation completes). If any of that's too hard, just giving stealth to a downed player will prevent even the most perfectly-executed safe stomp by any class.

In summary: What the heck is all this? Learn to kitten play.

• Helicity.3416Helicity.3416 Member ✭✭✭

Imagine thinking people use macros in this game lulz

• Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2021

I'd like to see this replicated on the Armistice Bastion golem. Otherwise it is just another "I got hit by an attack with 25 vuln and in an enemy keep with full might + boons".

edit: also all skills are split only numerically between modes so what is suggested with severe downsides to modifiers would never happen.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    the only damage multipliers that are still broken are deadeye and soulbeast, maybe holo one shot meme too.

Consider this dmg coefficient.....
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Claws
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soul_Spiral

None of the high dmg hitting skills of ranger has the same high power coefficient as the example of skills above:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maul_(ranger_greatsword_skill)
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Backstab

Look at thief and ranger...without damage multipliers they would hit like a wet noodle, fascinating how the vast majority of dmg multipliers require specific situations and fulfil predetermined requirements to be active...still a single ghastly_Claws can eat 70% of my DPS ele build for example in a single instance...but somehow that's balanced compared to ranger and thief I can almost laugh at while using the same DPS build.........

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• @Arheundel.6451 said:

None of the high dmg hitting skills of ranger has the same high power coefficient as the example of skills above:

Look at thief and ranger...without damage multipliers they would hit like a wet noodle, fascinating how the vast majority of dmg multipliers require specific situations and fulfil predetermined requirements to be active...still a single ghastly_Claws can eat 70% of my DPS ele build for example in a single instance...but somehow that's balanced compared to ranger and thief I can almost laugh at while using the same DPS build.........

Yeah, but you're also playing a freaking necro. The single most immobile class in the game.

Like yeah, it's a truckload of power. On a class that has two tricks to disengage fights and that's about it. When you play Necro and you enter a fight, you're pretty committed to that fight. Both spectral walk and flesh wurm tell the enemies exactly where you're going to teleport to if they're paying attention.

Can the forum devs please make the dev tracker actually usable. No one wants to see posts in which a dev has commented on 2 months ago pop up just because some random person commented on it today.

Why are we put here, just to suffer?

@TheOneWhoSighs.7513 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Yeah, but you're also playing a freaking necro. The single most immobile class in the game.

Like yeah, it's a truckload of power. On a class that has two tricks to disengage fights and that's about it. When you play Necro and you enter a fight, you're pretty committed to that fight. Both spectral walk and flesh wurm tell the enemies exactly where you're going to teleport to if they're paying attention.

Most immobile clas title would go to guardian tyvm.......Reaper with dash and perma swiftness is anything but immobile ...especially because movement impairing conditions are either removed or severely reduced while In reaper mode. In addition, let's not forget that 80% of necro attacks are AoE based...and not single target and reflectable ...available every 10s or so.

I am not here to crusade for nerfs against necros..just stating the facts

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• TheOneWhoSighs.7513TheOneWhoSighs.7513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Most immobile clas title would go to guardian tyvm.......Reaper with dash and perma swiftness is anything but immobile ...especially because movement impairing conditions are either removed or severely reduced while In reaper mode. In addition, let's not forget that 80% of necro attacks are AoE based...and not single target and reflectable ...available every 10s or so.

I am not here to crusade for nerfs against necros..just stating the facts

Ah yes. That highly mobile form which you're most likely consuming for damage, see: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soul_Spiral for example. Rather than to disengage.

Guardian's only the most immobile if you build it that way. No shouts/no sword/no gs/not dh. Then yeah, mobility is going to be a problem for you.

That's not even getting into the fact that I can cherrypick power coefficients too.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Defense

Can the forum devs please make the dev tracker actually usable. No one wants to see posts in which a dev has commented on 2 months ago pop up just because some random person commented on it today.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guardian's only the most immobile if you build it that way.

Totally unlike the necro, I'm sure.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• TheOneWhoSighs.7513TheOneWhoSighs.7513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Guardian's only the most immobile if you build it that way.

Totally unlike the necro, I'm sure.

Even if you build necro for mobility, you've got 2 meh, predictable abilities to warp you backwards to where you placed them. And one solid mobility option in the form of Reaper shroud 2.

Compared to guardian with sword 2, a great gap closer. GS 3, a great gap closer/opener. Renewed Focus, which yes is an invulnerability but invulnerabilities allow you to reposition yourself in big ways. Retreat & Stand your Ground, both opening you up to either engage or disengage basically any class in the game. Judge's Intervention, Merciful Intervention.

And again, while not a mobility skill in the same sense renewed focus isn't, Shelter easily lets you reposition or disengage fights.

That's on top of better access to condition cleanses which makes it far easier to disengage from fights with condition builds.

And everything I mentioned there on guardian is available to every guardian spec. Reaper shroud 2 isn't available to every necro spec.

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CelestialCat.6240 said:
    I have been noticing more classes exploiting the traits and skills that boost raw damage multipliers and often these builds either can macro spike you dead in a second flat for 20,000 plus damage or can tank or stealth till you are dead or pop shroud and tank five plus players at once while dealing out 5,000 damage per hit....

Why do you think it's a macro, what proof do you have? What skills? Unless you know you can burst the barrier etc why are you not kiting it out?

....I keep seeing attacks that shouldn't do 5,000 damage for their low cast time do 8,000 damage. or attacks that hit twice doing 5,000+ per hit and can be stacked on top of other attacks for even more damage...

What skills? What trait is making them OP?

...Did the developers give up on balancing this game? Are the only way to win no is to cheat? Or should we just give up and let the cheaters win?

WvW was left for dead some time ago. However, while there are cheaters in this game (ask me how I know) I am able to provide video proof of the cheating, what do you have? Calling people cheaters based on what you have said so far, makes me think they were just better than you and not cheating, however I am very much so open to seeing what you have as proof and if they were cheating, fully support them being banned.

Dealing high dmg is cheating? I will let you in on something, I have never seen a cheating program that allows modification of stats. Instant teleport to mouse location, radar, wall walking, no clipping etc etc all exist, however I have never seen anything that can change your stats and have yet to see anyone claim other wise provide proof.

And for power builds, if you are not close to 100% crit as someone else stated, the build is just not going to work well as most burst builds depend on very specific skills critting in a very specific setup/rotation.

Anyone dealing those numbers is glass cannon, however they are probably better than you and see your rotation coming from a mile away so you end up landing zero dmg, I have fights like this all the time.

Kill of the all power damage exploit builds for good in WvW. It only encourages cheating.

What exploits? Why does it encourage cheating?

They do, however a number of skills are instant cast and these do not effect others. Doing this would mean needing to rebalance just about everything, thief port stomping like already said is needed to stomp some and can still be stopped. Wait for them to start the downward motion and you know they are porting back soon, use a CC and done. I do this all the time with shield 5 on my DH build. I also use port stomping for thieves all the time, as most are going to use their DS skill to port out of my stomp, so I wait until 95% cast and use JI to follow the thief when they port to get the stomp off.

What it sounds like is you don't know the game or other classes and skills, as such you think everything is cheating because not knowing the other classes and skills also means you don't know their counters. I am not saying some are not over performing, but this does not seem to be one of those cases.

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭✭

If we're comparing power coefficients we really shouldn't focus all of our discussion on skills that get that power coefficient from summing up like 12 hits over a 4-second channel.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021

The problem with Necro mobility is not about it being able to get away, but rather there's no way to pursue opponents. Flesh wurm is too slow without prepping it before hand, and Spectral Walk can only send you backwards. Neither will save you if you get attacked by surprise.

People suggesting reaper shroud 2 as some awesome mobility skill is pretty silly too. Not only is it horrifically telegraphed, it requires you to be in shroud to begin with. If your opponent decides to leap (or in some cases) just walk away from you, say goodbye to your life force.

Guardian isn't that much more mobile. While they have mobility tools, you can only fit so many in a viable build (actually using the GS to hit anyone is just a huge chore and running multiple shouts is probably not too good for roaming). Also sword 2 is nice but the symbol can put you in combat. IMO the biggest advantage to guardian over necro is the passive blocks and several panic buttons if you get jumped. Necro on the other hand has only awful stun breaks.

Yes there is condi core necro, but once fights go above duels you just become this punching bag that gets batted aside while you watch your allies die because you're too slow to keep up and so they can spend the next 10 minutes beating on you while you try your best to walk back to the nearest tower I guess.

But I have to admit necro has never really worked for me despite me playing 1k hours on it (3rd most played class, and my first). However, I have never cried over losing to a necro in a fair fight, as it was 100% my fault every time.

edited April 5, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 said:

there is no reason soulbeast and deadeye should be hitting with +100% damage modifiers from +1500 range, case closed

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

• Choppy.4183Choppy.4183 Member ✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

there is no reason soulbeast and deadeye should be hitting with +100% damage modifiers from +1500 range, case closed

Well, that's true. Who let's themselves get hit by something at 1500 range?

I’m Biffles Ma Niffles, and I approved this message.
    Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

@Arheundel.6451 said:

If you still die to oneshot meme builds , you have to improve....because that type of builds is easy to counter and it's here to stay

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

If you still die to oneshot meme builds , you have to improve....because that type of builds is easy to counter and it's here to stay

You didn't adequately present the absurdity. He's talking about dying to one shot meme builds... at 1500 range. In gw2, where just moving back and forth makes range attacks miss more the further away you are....

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's funny how i one hit some players, but can't even tickle players in blob.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Junkpile.7439 said:
    It's funny how i one hit some players, but can't even tickle players in blob.

Ahh, and there's the big issue.
    It's not any one support class causing a huge problem, it's the sheer amount of synergy. How to allow a player to cut through all that and not obliterate a solo whos half afk expecting 5 seconds warning he's in danger?

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Rofl @ telestomp macro...
    I can interrupt downed state skills by just watching the animation and I am older than dirt.

Someone send this guy a bunker facetank build.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

edited April 6, 2021

@Arheundel.6451 said:

i didn't say anything about one shot meme builds, i'm talking about the coefficients themselves which has no bearing on what gear the player is using. but yeah lets talk about risk vs reward and how some one shot "meme builds" aren't meme at all.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

@Arheundel.6451 said:

i didn't say anything about one shot meme builds, i'm talking about the coefficients themselves which has no bearing on what gear the player is using. but yeah lets talk about risk vs reward and how some one shot "meme builds" aren't meme at all.

1) You can't complain about dmg coefficients on ranger while using some bruiser spec because ranger has as many dmg coefficients as everybody else when not using one shot builds aka : running sb+ws+x in that case you have max 22% dmg modifier where a reaper bruiser, for example, can have with Spite-soul reaping a whopping 50% dmg modifier without any utility investment

2) Ranger has to use sic'em and MM to reach burst one shot level and jn that case you run sb+MM...either traitline left to pick will offers either sustain or condi removal and the again against decent players, they'd dodge the 1s you start RF on them, so now you must use 60s CD elite + zephyr's quickness....basically a single burst available every 30s+ and a burst which can be easily negated by simple LoS, block or..dodge.

Risk vs reward?.... this kind of builds doesn't work against average players , simple as that

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

imagine teching against roamers... drop dmg, they die. usually they try to run or gank either way. smallscale sheer force is horribly unbalanced in wvw.

@CelestialCat.6240 the only real problem is, that outside of the broken few, every damage got hit very hard in early 2020. this basically messed up any natural balance which the classes did have. most of the classes cannot defend against the cancersets anymore. so your "balance" has only destroyed the actual balancing after all.

it was a unprecise nerf to cc-attacks, but there was not a single buff. useless elites have still 240 seconds cooldown lmfao. as u correctly noticed, attack speed did affect dmg "balancing" at all. just plainly bad work, :-1:

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

Holy moly this is a l2p thread if I've ever seen one.

That or amazing troll bait.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

1) You can't complain about dmg coefficients on ranger while using some bruiser spec because ranger has as many dmg coefficients as everybody else when not using one shot builds aka : running sb+ws+x in that case you have max 22% dmg modifier where a reaper bruiser, for example, can have with Spite-soul reaping a whopping 50% dmg modifier without any utility investment

2) Ranger has to use sic'em and MM to reach burst one shot level and jn that case you run sb+MM...either traitline left to pick will offers either sustain or condi removal and the again against decent players, they'd dodge the 1s you start RF on them, so now you must use 60s CD elite + zephyr's quickness....basically a single burst available every 30s+ and a burst which can be easily negated by simple LoS, block or..dodge.

Risk vs reward?.... this kind of builds doesn't work against average players , simple as that

so yeah, deadeye isn't even worth talking about. one shot potential on a ranged build with perma cripple and teleports for escapes. neither is soulbeast, since one auto attack can take half or more of someones health. big lol, this is well documented and still possible. go ahead and live in denial its ok.

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

edited April 7, 2021

pls delete double post

te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

so yeah, deadeye isn't even worth talking about. one shot potential on a ranged build with perma cripple and teleports for escapes. neither is soulbeast, since one auto attack can take half or more of someones health. big lol, this is well documented and still possible. go ahead and live in denial its ok.

Soulbeast can take half health on a single auto attack? Go on.....

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Again comparing apples and oranges...

Let's just ignore that MM+BM+SB have an equivalent amount of damage modifiers than Spite+SR+Reaper for the exact same investment (And it's also true for it's survivability). Thought, it's true that the ranger can push it's damage coefficients even further throught the use of utilities.

I mean, with or without investment the reaper can reach 50% while the soulbeast have the ability to temporarily reach way higher, so what now? First you dig out high coefficient on necromancers channeled skills that you compare to single hit skills coefficients then compare the necromancer's highest damage coefficient trait comp to a ranger's trait comp crippled by a defensive traitline. Come on, the 22% increased damage is on SB alone, Reaper alone stand at 20% increased damage. You could get 25% more increased damage just with marksmanship and staying at >600 range. 2 traitlines you are at 47%. Add beastmastery at melee range with GS and you stand at 52%, I'm not even sure whether or not you get loud whistle bonus when merged, which would put you at a whopping 62% damage increased coefficient without skill investment.

• Lan Deathrider.5910Lan Deathrider.5910 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Let's just ignore that MM+BM+SB have an equivalent amount of damage modifiers than Spite+SR+Reaper for the exact same investment (And it's also true for it's survivability). Thought, it's true that the ranger can push it's damage coefficients even further throught the use of utilities.

I mean, with or without investment the reaper can reach 50% while the soulbeast have the ability to temporarily reach way higher, so what now? First you dig out high coefficient on necromancers channeled skills that you compare to single hit skills coefficients then compare the necromancer's highest damage coefficient trait comp to a ranger's trait comp crippled by a defensive traitline. Come on, the 22% increased damage is on SB alone, Reaper alone stand at 20% increased damage. You could get 25% more increased damage just with marksmanship and staying at >600 range. 2 traitlines you are at 47%. Add beastmastery at melee range with GS and you stand at 52%, I'm not even sure whether or not you get loud whistle bonus when merged, which would put you at a whopping 62% damage increased coefficient without skill investment.

You get loud whistle's bonus.

For the list of perks for going into Beast Mode check the wiki:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beastmode

Note that the stat gains that would go to you while in Beast Mode are Halved in PvP and WvW.

This is one of the reasons I advocated for negative stat modifiers on the pet archetypes rather than being locked out of pet swap.

• I was correct on the damage being broken in WvW. ArenaNet devs have done a secret patch to fix the damage from being the same as PvE to being the nerfed PvP and WvW settings. I don't have to worry about some lucky person hitting me for 5,000 to 20,000 damage. I even clocked my Reaper's Gravedigger at 17,157 damage in a single hit during this time.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

You get loud whistle's bonus.

For the list of perks for going into Beast Mode check the wiki:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beastmode

Note that the stat gains that would go to you while in Beast Mode are Halved in PvP and WvW.

This is one of the reasons I advocated for negative stat modifiers on the pet archetypes rather than being locked out of pet swap.

Thank's for the info.

I didn't take into account the stat gains thought, at this point of my argumentation it would have just been another pebble added to the mountain.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

You're awfully light on specifics for someone casually accusing others of cheating. Are you sure this isn't just salt from losing too much in WvW?

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CelestialCat.6240 said:
    I was correct on the damage being broken in WvW. ArenaNet devs have done a secret patch to fix the damage from being the same as PvE to being the nerfed PvP and WvW settings. I don't have to worry about some lucky person hitting me for 5,000 to 20,000 damage. I even clocked my Reaper's Gravedigger at 17,157 damage in a single hit during this time.

Hey, wait a minute. If it was a "secret" patch, how do you know about it?

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I could try to point out the fallacies of the ranger build you describe but...that won't solve anything as you made up your mind so let's change the side. I don't see the grievance here, the builds complained here are meme status builds. We can keep nerfing all you guys want but in the end...nerfs to other professions can help you only up to a certain point, a point where players stop relying on gimmicks and simply master the profession, and when that happens even a couple of dozen nerfs won't change the pre-determined result of a fight.

About 90% of my encounters in WvW are against individuals who don't dodge once during the whole fight...no amount of nerfs/buffs will ever change that reality and those who lose today..will lose tomorrow still

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I could try to point out the fallacies of the ranger build you describe but...that won't solve anything as you made up your mind so let's change the side. I don't see the grievance here, the builds complained here are meme status builds. We can keep nerfing all you guys want but in the end...nerfs to other professions can help you only up to a certain point, a point where players stop relying on gimmicks and simply master the profession, and when that happens even a couple of dozen nerfs won't change the pre-determined result of a fight.

About 90% of my encounters in WvW are against individuals who don't dodge once during the whole fight...no amount of nerfs/buffs will ever change that reality and those who lose today..will lose tomorrow still

You're pointing out at numbers and I'm just showing you that your numbers show nothing significative, that if you were to compare comparable things they are just plainly irrelevant.

You say that a spite+soul reaping+reaper have 50% damage modifier while sb+ws+any have 22% max damage modifier. How can you find any fallacie in me saying that just taking any one of BM, MM and Skirmishing alongside SB can easily allow you to reach near 50% damage modifier without spending any utility? Do I invent traits?

I am not asking for nerf, I'm asking you to stop comparing apples and oranges. To just accept that if the sb want to have as much damage modifier (if not more) than a reaper, it's easily achievable. To accept that a high coefficient on a necromancer channeled skill isn't some kind of injustice because any channeled skill on any other profession will have similarly high coefficient due to how channeled skills coefficients are listed.

You talk about mastering profession yet you try to make the necromancer bigger than other professions through arguable artifices. To what end exactly? Objectively, the necromancer's damage multipliers aren't any different to what you find on other professions (I can even be a jerk and say that compared to soulbeast's potential in term of damage multipliers, reaper's is pretty low in fact. Not saying that it's a balance issue, just stating plain fact).

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that the op started a legitimate discussion about rangers damage modifiers (which are way too good) and suddenly all the ranger players start to de-rail the discussion "BUT NECRO IS OP TOO"?

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

• Clownmug.8357Clownmug.8357 Member ✭✭✭✭

@gebrechen.5643 said:
    Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that the op started a legitimate discussion about rangers damage modifiers (which are way too good) and suddenly all the ranger players start to de-rail the discussion "BUT NECRO IS OP TOO"?

Yeah, but they think thieves using Shadowstep and Shadow Return is a macro so their credibility is somewhat questionable.

• gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

Yes, so much is true, but the valid point inside his nonsense is still true too. The modifiers from ranger and thief have to be nerfed.
    And additionally it's not justified to de-rail the whole story by "but Necro has a damage modifier too".

Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]