Minstrel Support Rev for WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Minstrel Support Rev for WvW?

mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 4, 2021 in WvW

I'm looking for some opinions on viable Minstrel +/- Giver Rev for zerging specifically (any spec). I like active and rewarding play styles so the support FB is kinda out of the question for me, given its faceroll nature. Can Ventari do anything useful any more? I imagine some combination with Herald is the way to go?

So any beefy, supportey Rev build out there that is at least semi viable? What about a core build with Malyx/Ventari for heals, CC and condi protection? Maybe a terrible idea?

I actually don't care for any DPS Rev builds because core guard is a freaking god and I'm using him to farm bags atm.

Thanks.

Comments

• Nydo.3406Nydo.3406 Member ✭✭
    edited April 4, 2021

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-Ventari_Healer-_(WvW) The build isn't set up with minstrel gear, but it is a viable support build. Also, playing the meta hammer Herald build is partially a support build due to facet buffs and using road for stability; it just isn't really a group healing build.

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

Tablet Herald is good for trolling small scale as all projectile users will hate you. It's also a good way to stop siege disablers.

In large scale, the static nature of the tablet is a problem and is simply outclassed by mobile support like scrappers and tempest. In addition you are forced to choose between excluding either Dwarf (no stability) or no Dragon (less sustain and no stunbreak).

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2021

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    Tablet Herald is good for trolling small scale as all projectile users will hate you. It's also a good way to stop siege disablers.

In large scale, the static nature of the tablet is a problem and is simply outclassed by mobile support like scrappers and tempest. In addition you are forced to choose between excluding either Dwarf (no stability) or no Dragon (less sustain and no stunbreak).

I was thinking of Malyx/Ventari with Dire/Apothecary to sustain my roaming group and put out condi pressure. Thoughts?

Ventari not having a stun break really hurts though.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mistsim.2748 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

I was thinking of Malyx/Ventari with Dire/Apothecary to sustain my roaming group and put out condi pressure. Thoughts?

Ventari not having a stun break really hurts though.

Sure that'll work, assuming your goal is to give the enemy more boons and healing than what you can give your allies.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2021

@Za Shaloc.3908 said:
    Honest thoughts.

Thanks, amazing breakdown. I was gonna take a Dire/Apoth core Mallyx/Ventari for a spin in some skirmishes. If it doesn't work out, I'll just switch to Dire/Trailblazer Glint/Mallyx.

I really really enjoy everything about Mallyx and staff. So I wanna build around that legend and weapon. I was thinking Ventari to support my small squad with some heals and cleanses, which Glint can't do, while still doing good damage.

I can't believe they kept nerfing Ventari like that. It's really unfortunate.

What Rev are you playing now in zergs?

Also, I tried Minstrel Druid a year ago, and it felt fairly useless. No useful boons, dead pets, poor CC options. I switched to immob Soulbeast and I'm really enjoying the high impact plays...but I'm interested in a more supportey spec. Ideally without the faceroll.