This problem has been around long enough — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

This problem has been around long enough

Chaarliee.2307Chaarliee.2307 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 5, 2021 in PVP

Yeah so I've been playing gw2 for almost 3 years now. I really like pvp, you could say is my favorite game mode (well, was my favorite anyway). Last 2 years I saw an alarming increase in bots in pvp, so last year around april or may I decided to leave gw2 all together cause I couldn't enjoy pvp anymore.
So silly me tried to return to the game this month, thinking: "It's been a year, anet should have solved the issue by now". I played 10 matches recently, not kidding when I say I'm sure that I was the only human in my team.
I mean, kitten anet ??? At this point I honestly believe that you (anet) are the ones putting the bots just to sustain a game mode that is pretty much dead. I honestly appreciate the work you guys put in the balance patches, seriously. But maybe, just MAYBE, you need to make changes to the core of pvp, and perhaps more players will join/return to pvp. I mean, when players join pvp just to get the loot in ranked, you now that you have a problem.
Yeah so, there is that, and please buff warrior .. that class is dead. Also, please don't ban me.

Comments

  • Chaarliee.2307Chaarliee.2307 Member ✭✭✭

    @Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Some of those bots actually play better than human players.

    That only shows the state that pvp mode is in. Not to mention the amount of hackers too

  • I wasn't convinced there were bots in the game until on that gladiator map, if you jump up on a ledge by dragon point, near the archway leading towards middle. Hard to describe where I'm talking about, but a melee bot will stand there infinitely trying to get to you, but can't. This was the 100% proof I needed to confirmed bots actually existed.

  • Some of the bots have Op as kitten builds, the bots running 1-shot Mesmer build are terrifying.

  • Daddy.8125Daddy.8125 Member ✭✭

    Really only human? I see maybe 1 bot in the game the rest are fairly responsive. I'mma guess the further down the ladder you are the more you will encounter this though

    Anet do ban waves on them. The problem is the bots will find another way.

    The mistake was making gw2 f2p. This is the problem with F2p models.

  • @Daddy.8125 said:
    Really only human? I see maybe 1 bot in the game the rest are fairly responsive. I'mma guess the further down the ladder you are the more you will encounter this though

    Anet do ban waves on them. The problem is the bots will find another way.

    The mistake was making gw2 f2p. This is the problem with F2p models.

    Wrong, the bots are in all tiers and ANET does NOT ban them the same known bots have been playing for years. I am convinced as well they are ANET owned bots keeping the queues down.

  • Chaarliee.2307Chaarliee.2307 Member ✭✭✭

    @Daddy.8125 said:
    Really only human? I see maybe 1 bot in the game the rest are fairly responsive. I'mma guess the further down the ladder you are the more you will encounter this though

    Anet do ban waves on them. The problem is the bots will find another way.

    The mistake was making gw2 f2p. This is the problem with F2p models.

    Yeah, that ain't true. The time that I've been back I've seen the same mesmer bot (can't really post the account name in here apparently) in tons of matches, I can't report him anymore

    @Decapitated Bunny.8532 said:
    Some of the bots have Op as kitten builds, the bots running 1-shot Mesmer build are terrifying.

    And yes, the same mesmer bot that I'm talking about is broken af. So frustrating

  • Daddy.8125Daddy.8125 Member ✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

    @Chaarliee.2307 said:

    @Daddy.8125 said:
    Really only human? I see maybe 1 bot in the game the rest are fairly responsive. I'mma guess the further down the ladder you are the more you will encounter this though

    Anet do ban waves on them. The problem is the bots will find another way.

    The mistake was making gw2 f2p. This is the problem with F2p models.

    Yeah, that ain't true. The time that I've been back I've seen the same mesmer bot (can't really post the account name in here apparently) in tons of matches, I can't report him anymore

    @Decapitated Bunny.8532 said:
    Some of the bots have Op as kitten builds, the bots running 1-shot Mesmer build are terrifying.

    And yes, the same mesmer bot that I'm talking about is broken af. So frustrating

    Ain't saying there isn't bots. I'm saying personally I only have seen a maximum of 1 bot on my team.

    What you mean "that ain't true". 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    And yes Anet do ban waves but clearly your unaware of what that means it means every few months Anet mass bans a large quantity of them.

    Ofcourse within hours they will have recreated the code and be back at it.

    The issue is they made gw2 F2p which means large scale rerolling has become accessible. How can they remove someone that just makes a new account everytime they're banned.

    I guess removing the gold generation from PvP maybe also help.

  • Daddy.8125Daddy.8125 Member ✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

    @SplendaDaddy.6980 said:

    @Daddy.8125 said:
    Really only human? I see maybe 1 bot in the game the rest are fairly responsive. I'mma guess the further down the ladder you are the more you will encounter this though

    Anet do ban waves on them. The problem is the bots will find another way.

    The mistake was making gw2 f2p. This is the problem with F2p models.

    Wrong, the bots are in all tiers and ANET does NOT ban them the same known bots have been playing for years. I am convinced as well they are ANET owned bots keeping the queues down.

    Never said they weren't. I said more common. bots are worse then a top 1% player. How can u not add this add.

    The better the players are the far less likely the bot is capable of winning therefore falls down the meters. U understand how ranked works? Ofcourse their isn't ranked in every tier.

    There's bots in the ranks that the bots can compete with the average player of that rank
    I'm sorry but that's the truth.

    I assure you the top 1% of players are farming those bots. Their builds are terrible and if you do things right their program will glitch and they will just stop doing anything 🤣🤣

    And really? Because several posts kinda prove that wrong.

    10k bots were banned in 2016, and some dude went out to "out" arenanet over apprant "spyware" they used to ban him. In 2018.

    Every F2p game struggles with bots. Remove the gold generation of PvP and watch em dissapear.

    WoW has a huge bot problem even. They infest anything realistically.

    These bots aren't Anet, they are huge companies that pay thousands of employees to create botting programs and attack every game, they are in every game.

    If blizzard can't out pace these companies how's Anet ment to do anything about it realistically...

    Bots have become rampant in every game

    Look up gw2 gold selling. And you quickly find the sites doing this.

    When I watch high up players. I see 0 bots, that's just how it is. Bots will infest bronze silver and low gold. Where the player skill average is that of a bots.

    However they won't make it to play because they will start losing.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7, 2021

    Most bots are NOT f2p

    Thank you

  • @Chaarliee.2307 said:
    Yeah so I've been playing gw2 for almost 3 years now. I really like pvp, you could say is my favorite game mode (well, was my favorite anyway). Last 2 years I saw an alarming increase in bots in pvp, so last year around april or may I decided to leave gw2 all together cause I couldn't enjoy pvp anymore.
    So silly me tried to return to the game this month, thinking: "It's been a year, anet should have solved the issue by now". I played 10 matches recently, not kidding when I say I'm sure that I was the only human in my team.
    I mean, kitten anet ??? At this point I honestly believe that you (anet) are the ones putting the bots just to sustain a game mode that is pretty much dead. I honestly appreciate the work you guys put in the balance patches, seriously. But maybe, just MAYBE, you need to make changes to the core of pvp, and perhaps more players will join/return to pvp. I mean, when players join pvp just to get the loot in ranked, you now that you have a problem.
    Yeah so, there is that, and please buff warrior .. that class is dead. Also, please don't ban me.

    I took a year or 2 off pvp after they first gutted warrior with the damage on interrupts nerf that turned warrior into a wet noodle and just today came back to see how pvp is. I walked into PVP and this is the worst i think i've seen it. Absolute garbage experience, state of game is a mess and im guessing its been this way for a long time and its affected the mental state of the community committed to pvp so my overall interations with other people in there were the most toxic I've seen yet. Not to mention the absurd prevalence of bots I saw.

  • They're so busy on working on new expansion. They honestly dont care.

  • avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

    A lot of people blame f2p accounts for bots, but all the bots I've seen used an elite spec.
    The problem with gw2 isn't bots, it's balance, the majority of bots I've seen are in gold while almost 100% people in bronze, 80/20ish in silver.
    Bunker + condi spam rewards bots, no real burst damage rewards bots, spam all skills off cooldown+2 random dodges is stronger than setting up attacks/baiting dodges.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @avey.4201 said:
    A lot of people blame f2p accounts for bots, but all the bots I've seen used an elite spec.
    The problem with gw2 isn't bots, it's balance, the majority of bots I've seen are in gold while almost 100% people in bronze, 80/20ish in silver.
    Bunker + condi spam rewards bots, no real burst damage rewards bots, spam all skills off cooldown+2 random dodges is stronger than setting up attacks/baiting dodges.

    its not, just most people are worse then bots, bots do random kitten, which is more then average player.

  • mistsim.2748mistsim.2748 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2021

    Bots have been reported as high as Plat 1, although much more rarely. Low gold and high silver is crawling with bots. It makes life so much more difficult for lower ELO players, and it's totally unacceptable.

    A bot isn't better than a mid-gold player. And you can at least talk to players, reason with them. It works sometimes.

  • Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13, 2021

    @mistsim.2748 said:
    Bots have been reported as high as Plat 1, although much more rarely. Low gold and high silver is crawling with bots. It makes life so much more difficult for lower ELO players, and it's totally unacceptable.

    A bot isn't better than a mid-gold player. And you can at least talk to players, reason with them. It works sometimes.

    those mid-gold players also think they are hot kitten, lose to bots, get pissed and troll games, its cute really
    heck, recently I saw p2 guardian bot, I wouldnt have never known he is a bot untill he got stuck on jumping puzzle at the last 100 points of the game,
    he legit played like average plat 2 guard.

  • Tomo.8324Tomo.8324 Member ✭✭

    @Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Some of those bots actually play better than human players.

    Monkey see monkey do...
    Guess the state of gameplays ok them ?

  • Abyssisis.3971Abyssisis.3971 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tomo.8324 said:

    @Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Some of those bots actually play better than human players.

    Monkey see monkey do...
    Guess the state of gameplays ok them ?

    Of course it’s not ok for them to bot, but it doesn’t change the fact that bots play better than some human players.

  • Bingus.4236Bingus.4236 Member ✭✭

    Maybe they should put some procedurally generated obstacles in the spawn area. Then when bots get stuck trying to go round them and can't get out the spawn, they don't get rewards and their team doesn't lose ranking.

  • @Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Some of those bots actually play better than human players.

    Oh yes deffinetly! This is a little sad when you can't beat bots

  • Bingus.4236Bingus.4236 Member ✭✭

    @Undertaker.4368 said:

    @Abyssisis.3971 said:
    Some of those bots actually play better than human players.

    Oh yes deffinetly! This is a little sad when you can't beat bots

    Firstly: It's not the bots on the enemy team that are the main problem.

    Secondly: Why is there some surprise that a bot programmed by someone experienced that has no human reaction times could somehow beat or cause problems for a new or inexperienced player.

    Thirdly: It's not like the game is an even 1v1 fighter anyway.

  • Only Even.6193Only Even.6193 Member ✭✭✭

    It's a real issue, but don't be naive guys, It's not a shame to be steamrolled by a bot, It's even by definition pretty normal, we are humans. And you can be thankful that bots in Gw2 are not even close to Bots AI in mmorpgs like WoW for example.
    I see a lot of people saying that you'r bad if you lose vs a bot, It can be true here in gw2 (yet), if you never experienced bots in any other games.
    But the fact is, a perfectly well elaborated bot will always surpass any human behaviours in a said content, so no, you can't take it lightly, because bots can always be improved over time.