What would you do?

Vantose at 15:41Its been over 72 hours since i bought and used the PoF deluxe code from amazon and I still don't have the items from it and it does not show up under account info. However when i try to use the code again it says that the code has already ben used on my account.

GM LeopardessToday at 15:50Hello,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support!

After researching your account, it would appear you already have the Standard version of Path of Fire on your account. Due to this, it is not possible to apply the same expansion twice to an account. This would be the main reason why the Path of Fire Deluxe Edition items have not appeared. In order to get these items, you will need to purchase the Path of Fire Deluxe Upgrade from the Black Lion Gem Store in-game.

I hope this information was able to help, but if you have any other issues, or questions that we can assist with that is within our abilities, please do not hesitate to reach back out.Regards,

Vantose Today at 15:57so I am out $27 as the code was used and i didn't get any thing?

No where on the Amazon page does it say i can't up grade my account with that item, no where on the gw2 page to buy Path of fire Deluxe does it say i can't upgrade my normal account with it, and no where on the redeem page does it say i can't use that to get the path of fire deluxe upgrade. To be honest is caused by the lack of info given by arenanet, had i see this info posted any where on the first two pages i would have known not to but it.

As Amazon has no refunds posted on the page. i would like for Arenanet to either give me the upgrade or the gems to buy the upgrade as they already have my money for it.

GM LeopardessToday at 16:33Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply the same expansion to an account that already has that expansion. Nor are we able to provide you with the gems to upgrade to the Deluxe version of Path of Fire. You will need to contact Amazon regarding a possible refund for this purchase as we are not able to assist with refunding purchase made through retailer sites. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused as well as the inability to offer further assistance with this request.

Should you have any other issues, or questions that we can assist with that is within our abilities, please do not hesitate to reach back out.Regards,

So here is the thing to me, no where on the arenanet page does it say that I need to use gems to buy up deluxe up grade. I look on their page where they sell the xpacks, i looked on the page that arenanet posted the amazon sells and I looked on the amazon page.so how am i spouse to know that i can only get the Deluxe version using the gems store? Other games that do this let You upgarde by just buying the normal upgrade with cash like i did. I didn't see teh reason to add an extra step to it by first buying gems on amazon and then going in game and buying the upgrade.

Is this common guild wars knowledge i should have know from the start? How many of you knew this? Have any of you had the same problem as me and if so what did you do about it? Any suggestions on how to fix the problem besides haggling with amazon as they cleary have it posted on the top of the page that this item has no refunds?

You can't upgrade a current PoF account with another key as stated. But support is kind of weird at times. You can also ask for your ticket to escalated to get a more customized response. I would suggest that first. I think first tier support mostly goes off a check list and copy and paste. So in more complicated issues you often have to ask to communicate with someone above tier 1 support. If that does not work I would ask support if it was okay to ask Amazon online support for a refund. Then if Amazon asks you can copy the Anet response. If that does not work then you have a key for an alt account I guess.

Yes, it is common knowledge.
You can't add multiple (same expansion) keys to an account.
Your only recourse is to have discourse with the retailer from which you purchased the item.

If all else fails, you will have an alternate account in which to acquire log-in rewards, free items from the Gem Store, etc.Perhaps, Amazon will let you have a Gem Card instead, but unlikely as there is no way to prove you have destroyed (or otherwise not used) the Serial Key.

Good luck.

What would you do?

in the event that this would happen to me, and out of options from both amazon and arenanet support, my last action probably would be to use the key on an alt account as Inculpatus cedo suggests and just gift myself all the gemstore stuff that's giftable with the free gems that come with it. (buy gift stuff from alt account to main account)

with that, as mentioned above, you also have an alt account to acquire login stuff and help fund your main

What's unclear to me is whether you have a working deluxe code or not. Because you seem to indicate that the website accepted and used your code while you already had PoF active on the account. Considering the support said that it's not possible to upgrade to deluxe that way, your deluxe could should be intact and useable by another account. In which case you can try initiating a chargeback from amazon (since it won't impact your account) or sell the code to someone else.

If the code has been used up (and will not work on another account) then ask for the ticket to be escalated and get them to either give you the code back or give another working code if the current code can not be detached from the account.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:You can't upgrade a current PoF account with another key as stated. But support is kind of weird at times. You can also ask for your ticket to escalated to get a more customized response. I would suggest that first.

GW2's support is usually very helpful in that regard. However, only when the purchase was made either in the Gem Store or the Online Shop - since all funds went to Amazon, it is understandable that they won't provide you with the Gems as a refund item.

I therefore recommend you get in touch with Amazon's support instead. Good luck.