Runes Of Vampirism

Hello, so i came back from loooong GW2 hibernation, and now im playing around with runes and builds etc...

Now i found out nice combo of "runes of vampirism" (regain 10% health on killing a foe) with necromancer's blood magic trait "Blood bank".BUT it doesnt seem to work :-(For one, it feels like the heal from the runes doesnt proc- it definitely doesnt show in combat log (i have 27k HP, so i should see some +2.7k heals/ barriers)... As for the second part, im definitely not geting any barrier from those :-( They shouldnt have an ICD and it shouldnt be a regeneration effect (gw2 wiki says its a heal) so it should work... in theory :-P Any ideas about that? Ofc no heals in shroud, but unshrouded it should work...

Thanks for looking into this, or telling me where my logic went wrong :-P

it won’t do anything if your already above health with barrier, ie it won’t increase the barrier by 2.7k on kill. It’s also never going to give you 2.7k health as a heal, it’s 10% of your health not 10% of your max health, if your down to 1k health for example when it triggers you would get 100 health back. At least that’s how I understand it to work.

currently it seems to do... nothing. i engage a mob, let it hit get me down to 20k so now the moment mob dies i should get either 2.7k (10% max hp) or 2k if it is 10% of current HP... but it seems to do... nothing :-( there is nothing in combat log, no green numbers... nada :-(