SAB Ooze and Ooze Farmer Locations — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

SAB Ooze and Ooze Farmer Locations

Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 6, 2021 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

You will come across green ooze puddles on the ground and you will need to use the shovel to aggro them. When you kill them, they'll drop a stunned version of themselves which you'll have to pick up and carry to an NPC called Ooze Farmer. While carrying the ooze, you will lose half a heart at regular intervals. This also puts you into combat so beware of the temporary movement speed reduction when doing jumps. Having healing potions are a big help if you don't want to rush it. Dodging will cause you to drop the ooze. Taking teleports will remove the ooze entirely causing you have to start again. Except for W1Z1 and possibly W1Z3, there's a way to backtrack if you mess up. You can do this on infantile mode and still get credit.

W1Z1 Ooze: Area where the beedogs go
W1Z1 Ooze NPC: In final area to the south up the ramp

W1Z2 Ooze: Skip the worm shortcut and it's just below the next checkpoint in front of the shop
W1Z2 NPC: Right before final checkpoint. Face checkpoint and turn around to see it.

W1Z3 Ooze: I think it was after the second checkpoint in the middle of the area before the checkpoints to the next areas upper and lower paths.
W1Z3 NPC: Take the checkpoint for the upper path and the NPC is on the branch after the leaf part. For some reason it wasn't giving me achievement progression despite having the ooze. Could be bugged. Got it to work on the 3rd attempt.

W2Z1 Ooze: After crossing the flowing river with the log you'll hit a checkpoint. It's to the right after this.
W2Z1 NPC: A pain to get to. You have to do the entire JP climb to the top of the waterfall as the portal removes the ooze. There a food item at the top to restore all your HP. You also need to successful jumps across the logs as they fall to get to the other size. When you hit this checkpoint, you want to use a ledge to the right to jump onto the platform with the flower above. This will launch you to the plateau where the NPC is which overlooks the flowing river.

W2Z2 Ooze: Underneath the building with the rolling gong puzzle. You can take the shortcut eagle and jump off after the 10th group of birds to save time.
W2Z2 NPC: You have to backtrack to the checkpoint that you reached after the second octo puzzle. This means jumping from from from small platform to small platform until you get to where they're too high and you'll need to use the clouds to your right to get back up top. There's a path on the clouds to the right there which you can take with the hut along the way to the right which has the NPC.

W2Z3 Ooze: Difficult to miss. It's after the 3rd checkpoint I think just before you have to climb the inside of the mountain.
W2Z3 NPC: After the climb up where the next checkpoint is. I'd bring HP potions for this.

Comments

  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    W1Z3 Ooze: I think it was after the second checkpoint in the middle of the area before the checkpoints to the next areas upper and lower paths.
    W1Z3 NPC: Take the checkpoint for the upper path and the NPC is on the branch after the leaf part. For some reason it wasn't giving me achievement progression despite having the ooze. Could be bugged. Got it to work on the 3rd attempt.

    Can confirm - no achievement progress for me either when handing in the Ooze to the farmer in W1Z3. Will report it as a bug ingame.

  • Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

    @Rayti.6531 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    W1Z3 Ooze: I think it was after the second checkpoint in the middle of the area before the checkpoints to the next areas upper and lower paths.
    W1Z3 NPC: Take the checkpoint for the upper path and the NPC is on the branch after the leaf part. For some reason it wasn't giving me achievement progression despite having the ooze. Could be bugged. Got it to work on the 3rd attempt.

    Can confirm - no achievement progress for me either when handing in the Ooze to the farmer in W1Z3. Will report it as a bug ingame.

    Also experienced this bug the first time I tried it. Worked fine in a fresh instance with the first ooze I dug up (without dying or dropping it - not sure if either of those bug it).

    Some other info:

    • Dodging will drop the ooze (and so you can't dodge jump with it)
    • The oozes will respawn (it seems there are 5 puddles in each zone) so you can dig them up again and again if you manage to keep losing them
    • If you die whilst holding an ooze, you can pick up the stunned ooze at the location you died at
  • Rayti.6531Rayti.6531 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

    @Lottie.5370 said:

    @Rayti.6531 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    W1Z3 Ooze: I think it was after the second checkpoint in the middle of the area before the checkpoints to the next areas upper and lower paths.
    W1Z3 NPC: Take the checkpoint for the upper path and the NPC is on the branch after the leaf part. For some reason it wasn't giving me achievement progression despite having the ooze. Could be bugged. Got it to work on the 3rd attempt.

    Can confirm - no achievement progress for me either when handing in the Ooze to the farmer in W1Z3. Will report it as a bug ingame.

    Also experienced this bug the first time I tried it. Worked fine in a fresh instance with the first ooze I dug up (without dying or dropping it - not sure if either of those bug it).

    In the hopes this would work I went in once again for another try (fresh instance, never dropped the Ooze, didn't get hit by anything on the way, etc.) -> neither baubles nor achievement progress were awarded. Tried on Normal as well as Infantile.

    No idea what bugs it, but I will wait for a fix rather than trying to find out. Maybe I'll try once more on one of my Tribulation runs, just so I can claim I tried that as well :)

    EDIT/Update: Handing the Ooze in in Tribulation Mode gave me the achievement progress now. All good, working as intended :p

  • Another bug I discovered in W1 Z3 is that I accidentally picked up two slimes (they spawned, died and got picked up at the same time). After dying with it due to the two ticks, I only dropped one slime. The second slime was still with me when I respawned. However, neither of the slimes were accepted by the slime farmer. The dialogue was along the lines of him accepting them, but they were both persistent and didn't want to let go of me.

  • W2Z2 NPC - After getting the slimes, turn back and do the jumping puzzle over the pillars, following the clouds back up. After you reach the building with the fish and squid platform section, take a right and head to the big gap of white clouds (where the secret furniture shop is). Go through that section and at the next grassy hill, there is a small hut. He is in there.

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

    Thanks missed w1z2 and w2z2
    Through with any of the comments I don't understand at all where is w2z2 npc....

    Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This is the only new SAB gameplay content we got this year, correct? It's a nice addition, just wish there was more. :/

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2021

    @hugo.4705 said:
    Thanks missed w1z2 and w2z2
    Through with any of the comments I don't understand at all where is w2z2 npc....

    I'll find a video. It's immediately after the checkpoint after the second octo. You normally would go right and jump from platform to platform and the shortcut is to the left with the NPC in a hut on the right after the cloud part.

    I can't find a video of someone going that route but at 16:30 into the video below, they cross the checkpoint. To the upper left, you'll see a break in the clouds which is where you need to go with the ooze. At 16:32 you even see an assassin down on the clouds.

    Went in and took a screenshot.

    https://i.imgur.com/joj25pp.jpg

  • hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ah perfect. Thank you very much.

    Shiny links, take a look!
    ->Ideas: Housing , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    ->Project: ASURAN/PRIMORDIUS EXPANSION available on WIKI.
    ->NEW: Crucible of Eternity path 4: Legacy on WIKI
    ->NEW Asurapedia

  • Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Seems like content I'd to only once - for the permanent achievements. And then maybe when it is onl daily. (Stil need to use guides for locksmith and mineral extraction ha ha. And only doing them for some zones and if no other easier stuff is available - which there usually is - to get 3 for the dailies.)

    Though it seems they added new stuff to the weekly vendor. (More to spent your baubles at. Cause it was too easy to get more than enough for the weekly voucher - easier than for other festivals.) Some people might do the oozes for additional normal baubles daily. (I personally do only normal runs + glitches for the daily bonus at the end chest and for the weekly achieves of course.)

  • Aerinndis.2730Aerinndis.2730 Member ✭✭✭

    @Swiftslice.3971 said:
    W2Z2 NPC - After getting the slimes, turn back and do the jumping puzzle over the pillars, following the clouds back up. After you reach the building with the fish and squid platform section, take a right and head to the big gap of white clouds (where the secret furniture shop is). Go through that section and at the next grassy hill, there is a small hut. He is in there.

    For World 2 Zone 2 I found it easier to take the Eagle Shortcut to the end and jump off and die. It puts you at the waypoint right by the pagoda where the oozes are and all you have to do is kill the frogs to clear the way to the pillars. A lot easier than going the other way via the octupi to get to the same spot.

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I was surprised to discover that those are redoable even after you have finished the achievement. Whether one considers 5 Baubles worth the effort, however, is questionable. ;)

  • Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

    So far I think all of these but possibly world 2 zone 2 can be done in trib (I have managed all but that one). For world 2 zone 1 you do not actually have to climb the mountain. Tekkit shows you having to use a dodge jump, but you don't need to, you can just use the logs to jump across to the right location. and then climb the inside of the mountain like you normally do. If you clear the path of bears first then die and respawn right before the ooze area it is really easy.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2021

    @Neutra.6857 said:
    So far I think all of these but possibly world 2 zone 2 can be done in trib (I have managed all but that one). For world 2 zone 1 you do not actually have to climb the mountain. Tekkit shows you having to use a dodge jump, but you don't need to, you can just use the logs to jump across to the right location. and then climb the inside of the mountain like you normally do. If you clear the path of bears first then die and respawn right before the ooze area it is really easy.

    It just feels like more effort than what it’s really worth.

    What dodge jump? The only dodge jump required in TM is W2Z3 near the very end right before the bridge leading to the mini boss.

  • Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @Neutra.6857 said:
    So far I think all of these but possibly world 2 zone 2 can be done in trib (I have managed all but that one). For world 2 zone 1 you do not actually have to climb the mountain. Tekkit shows you having to use a dodge jump, but you don't need to, you can just use the logs to jump across to the right location. and then climb the inside of the mountain like you normally do. If you clear the path of bears first then die and respawn right before the ooze area it is really easy.

    It just feels like more effort than what it’s really worth.

    What dodge jump? The only dodge jump required in TM is W2Z3 near the very end right before the bridge leading to the mini boss.

    Instead of climbing the mountain and getting across that way if you start at the base and dodge jump across skipping the logs as tekkit shows you can make it to the cave with the bears. You don't actually need to dodge jump though you can just use the logs to get across. All I am saying is that if you want to do it on normal or trib there is no need to climb the mountain at all. As to effort, most of the zones are not actually that much harder than doing it on normal.