Juveniles in WvW

DemonSeed.3528

No this thread isn't about teenage angst'ers or anything :PI was just wondering, with the addition of new animals around the wvw maps, maybe there is a possibility to add juvenile versions? I don't know what the history has been with the pet juveniles in wvw maps in the last 5 years but if there are pet versions of the new animals maybe they could add it in for a change or what not. Or maybe add something that those rangers can use. I just thought it was odd to have only a few available since forever. Maybe one day you can make the animals rotate according to the day of the week. Nothing serious here, just something else to discuss besides the current topics.

Correct me if Im wrong, but, back in the day EBG was the only place to get that type of wolf (Alpine I believe) and it may still be the only place to obtain it for all I know.

Of course back in the day you also needed to explore wvw for the Been There Done That title and it made sense to have atleast 1 pet only obtainable through wvw.

When HOT came out, you had 2 pets (the tiger and electric wyvren) locked behind a successful meta, they still are to a certain extent, but easier to obtain now in that the wyvren doesn't require a Mordy defeat to access their locatation. As far as I know, no POF pets are locked behind a wall anywhere just obtainable through normal exploration.

Anyway, it might have been interesting to add 1 Juvie wyvren in the floor above the lord in SMC or an equally difficult breaking and entering event such as the DS meta, but they didnt do that and I doubt they will do that for any POF pets either.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:Since release the only one was the wolf by the Umber supply camp on EB.

I think there were also the moa and drake (blue and red might have it), and I can't remember but there may be 1 or 2 more probably unless that's it.

There is a Juvenile River Drake by south camp on the Alpine BL.

Sounds like its irrelevant to the state of the mode, and would actually annoy more people to have more static green things on the map. I'm sure it would make some people like me happy to see more wildlife, and rangers happy as well, but we are but a fraction of a fraction of the whole.

@Cerby.1069 said:Sounds like its irrelevant to the state of the mode, and would actually annoy more people to have more static green things on the map. I'm sure it would make some people like me happy to see more wildlife, and rangers happy as well, but we are but a fraction of a fraction of the whole.

If they're placed in areas of the map that barely anyone goes to (akin to juvenile black bear near Speldan camp area) I wouldn't see it as annoying in the slightest. Personally I couldn't care less if they introduced more ranger pets into WvW, some say the more the merrier though.

• 8 months later...

I wonder if it's a coincidence that arguably the best Ranger pet, the Smokescale, is also the biggest pain to acquire, swiftly followed by the Gazelle, arguably the 2nd best Ranger pet.

Honestly, I wish they would remove all wildlife from zone. I have enough targets to tab through just to 1v1 a Mesmer, don't need to be attacking the local fauna by accident =(

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Snow leopard on the cliff at hills

Thanks for this, this was one that isn't listed as available in wvw on the wiki page, or I might have missed it but I swear I went through them one by one. For some reason, juveniles don't show their text on screen like it used to, unless I enabled all npc names [which I don't want - I know before I did not have to use this to have juvenile names displayed]. Not sure but they just stopped showing like they normally do ages ago, I know some graphics settings can change when npc names popup from viewing distance, but I normally use highest settings for everything. Is there something I might have toggled that has somehow disabled juveniles names from showing on screen? It's been a year since I cannot see them, I have to hover text over them so sometimes I pass the animal without even knowing.

@Cerby.1069 said:Sounds like its irrelevant to the state of the mode, and would actually annoy more people to have more static green things on the map. I'm sure it would make some people like me happy to see more wildlife, and rangers happy as well, but we are but a fraction of a fraction of the whole.I would prefer, if the whole fauna would be green (juveniles or not)—not yellow and certainly not red.

Archived