Suggestion: Separate players and NPCs into their own settings for character model limit

I'm sure I'm not the first one to suggest this but I haven't see this requested in quite some time.

In the graphics options, there is a setting for character model limit. Currently this affects both players and NPCs/entities. This creates issues with seeing non-player entities when set to low.

My suggestion is to separate the player element into a separate setting. With this, players can lower the player side of this setting to improve performance without it negatively impacting them in other places.

im pretty sure "model quality" setting doesnt affect NPCs (they dont turn into basic models) but you're right with the "model limit" setting though and pretty often includes the boss (unless it's super huge like claw or drakkar) for npcs that go invisible when player population suddenly spikes in one place like boss fights during metas

if not for a setting for npcs, maybe atleast give them priority over players to not turn invisible

NPC→party or subgroup→squad→everything else

@"Astyrah.4015" said:im pretty sure "model quality" setting doesnt affect NPCs (they dont turn into basic models) but you're right with the "model limit" setting though and pretty often includes the boss (unless it's super huge like claw or drakkar) for npcs that go invisible when player population suddenly spikes in one place like boss fights during metas

if not for a setting for npcs, maybe atleast give them priority over players to not turn invisible

NPC→party or subgroup→squad→everything else

Yeah, you’re right. I’ll change that.