Using Daze on Downed State enemy players? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Mesmer

Using Daze on Downed State enemy players?

Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

So when going to stomp an enemy player I can interrupt some of their skills but my question is can I preemptively daze someone like an ele to block vapor form or does daze not function on them?

A side question is when do I interrupt a necromancer's fear skill? It seems like its possible to rupt too early as I still eat a fear but also even if I interrupt near the end of animation I still am feared? What is the deal with that skill?

Ty

Anet buff me :-(
Make me good at game!

Comments

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yu can only Daze (interrupt) skills with a cast time.
    As Vapor Form has no cast time, it cannot be interrupted.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:
    So when going to stomp an enemy player I can interrupt some of their skills but my question is can I preemptively daze someone like an ele to block vapor form or does daze not function on them?

A side question is when do I interrupt a necromancer's fear skill? It seems like its possible to rupt too early as I still eat a fear but also even if I interrupt near the end of animation I still am feared? What is the deal with that skill?

Ty

I dont think rupting downed people actually works, you get rupt message and they continue withthe skill anyways.
    the only CC that seem to matter is launch and specific knockbacks.
    rev has 2 as its the class played by the best and the best tend to win

• Yoci.2481Yoci.2481 Member ✭✭✭

I believe you can interrupt downed skills, but like Yasai said only those with a cast time.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

Ty

I dont think rupting downed people actually works, you get rupt message and they continue withthe skill anyways.
    the only CC that seem to matter is launch and specific knockbacks.
    rev has 2 as its the class played by the best and the best tend to win

You can interrupt players in downed state using dazed but I am not sure if dazed itself is actually applied which is wierd. Rev only has 1 downed state cc.

I can interrupt,
    guardian bubble
    warrior hammer

I think I can interrupt?
    rev push
    ranger daze
    necro fear sometimes
    mesmer stealth

have yet to experience blocking,
    engi pull
    ele vaporform
    thief stealth

Hard to tell with ele because sometimes they choose to not vaporform.

Make me good at game!

• Tseison.4659Tseison.4659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2021

If you want to "interrupt" an ele from using their vapor form ONCE they're downed, use Sword #3 to keep them immobilized, I always do this in WvW and it works everytime when picking off downed. In terms of Necro fear, those types of players tend to be predictable and will just fear you right away especially if they notice you about to finish them off. So you can either Blur yourself or go in stealth. Save your dazes/interrupts for when in combat and don't waste it on people who are downed.

@Tseison.4659 said:
    If you want to "interrupt" an ele from using their vapor form ONCE they're downed, use Sword #3 to keep them immobilized, I always do this in WvW and it works everytime when picking off downed. In terms of Necro fear, those types of players tend to be predictable and will just fear you right away especially if they notice you about to finish them off. So you can either Blur yourself or go in stealth. Save your dazes/interrupts for when in combat and don't waste it on people who are downed.

But I have more interrupts than defensive skills.

Make me good at game!

• Tseison.4659Tseison.4659 Member ✭✭✭

@Justine.6351 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:

Is this for PvP/WvW?
    Staple skills for those areas (for me) are Blink, a Breakstun and then the other is situational and I mostly run core Mesmer so Distortion too.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:

Is this for PvP/WvW?
    Staple skills for those areas (for me) are Blink, a Breakstun and then the other is situational and I mostly run core Mesmer so Distortion too.

wvw
    I play double mantra chrono. Don't really have space for stealth and I want to play interrupts because its interesting and different.

Make me good at game!