Players trolling Drakkar by portaling people below the map

Twice now I've witnessed players dropping fake portals both during the spirits phases as well as on the chests at the end of the event themselves

These somehow lead below the map causing the person who enters to drop into the water below and be forced to port all the way back to the Kodan camp and run back to the fight

@aspirine.6852 said:

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:record it, its bannable as its griefing. there was a player years ago that did stuff like this and he got permanently banned

Problem is identifying who made the portal I guess :/

Yeah - the problem is that using portals is now the de facto strategy on Drakkar to make sure there are enough people for each of the champion split phases. Usually there are several (either mesmer or White Mantle) portals thrown down. The only 'absolute' fix is to prevent portals working on the split phase and I don't think that would make people happy either.

The trolls have to place their portals right on the edge of the cliff and generally they're not so suicidal as to throw themselves into the void as well; thus anyone that uses the portal and moves without looking which way they're going will fall to their death but you can avoid dying by not moving the instant you exit the portal - just take a second to orient yourself and if it's on a cliff edge just back away slowly.

P.S. The really annoying griefers on Drakkar are the jerk rangers that pew-pew the 'elite' Svarnir mob on the first phase through the wall geometry. More than once they've managed to but out the whole encounter because no one can hit the damn thing once it's behind the wall, so there's no way to get to the second cave.

@coso.9173 said:so trolls have rather the event fail as long as they can **** a few people around? ugh.

it happens in any meta or worldboss they can find something exploitable/abuse-able.

one example is tequatl where griefers would pull the bloated creepers (suicide/exploding mobs) onto where people stack during the burn phase

@"Illumine Sparkler.6019" said:I’m all up for stopping portals in there, worked great before people realised you could portal in, if anything the event takes longer now, 5people at a champ it goes down faster than 20.

Remember getting very good times back when people first started doing it tbh

The biggest hurdle is that people eat up time on the tree because no one bothers to follow the "red light, green light" mechanic and whiff 50% of their attacks just afk fighting it