Dye colors

Daddicus.6128

I'm trying to make the dye colors on a character be the same as a certain university's colors. The university lists the colors by name (which obviously won't match), but also as Pantone colors. For example, the red color is listed as Pantone 186c.

Does anybody know if there is a color reference for the dyes that would map to Pantone colors? Or possibly to the RGB scale, or any other non-game reference?

@nottsgman.8206 said:like this maybe?https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search

you can search by hex colour (pantone 186c being C8102E) and it will give a % next to dyes on how close they match

Yes, that's perfect! Thank you!!!

FogLeg, I'm OK with approximations. In fact, all digital colors are approximations (which is one reason digital photos can never perfectly match real colors).

The wiki lists for every dye it's rgb scale. The rgb scale depends on the material it's applied to, though. So you have different values for cloth, lether and metal.As a first bad-news: The game does not seem to have the color C8102E, which is Pantone 186c. Maybe if you in-/decrement some values by 1 you can find a dye that matches the color you're looking for as closely as possible. Good luck.

Edit: I believe the quickest method will be to pick the dyes that look like they're pretty close to your dye off this list and compare their RGB values.

Archived