Are Trick-or-Treat bags worth it? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Are Trick-or-Treat bags worth it?

Boogiepop Void.6473Boogiepop Void.6473 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 26, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Are Trick-or-Treat bags worth pursuing and opening with this year's drop rates?

Are Trick-or-Treat bags worth it? 160 votes

Yes
30% 48 votes
No
70% 112 votes
<1

Comments

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I have opened relatively few and got one of those infusions that I could sell for 335g (at the time, a couple of days ago). Now I have to decide if it is something I want to keep or sell it. Last year, I got the green one and don't really care for it. So we'll see.

    Hmm, I guess since rather "blah" about the event this year, perhaps I shoulda voted no?

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Boogiepop Void.6473Boogiepop Void.6473 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    I've gotten 1 good (Touch of Madness) and 3 ok (stuff from last year not worth much, like a Grim Pact) items. But last year by this point I had 7 Grim pact, 5 Jailbroken, 8 Onus, 2 Pumpkin Smashers, a Nightwing, a Nest, 2 vassago, 2 Oontz necklaces, a gift of spiders, and an unlimited batwing brew. So I defintly feel lie unless I just had the best RNG ever last year and the worst this year, the drop rates have been nerfed hard.

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    To me, they were good years ago ( when the drop was better and the unique drop was new and with a moderate price ).
    Currently they could be nice if you need charged quartz, magic find, ascended materials like bloodstone dust, and mostly if you like to gamble.

  • Wolfheart.7483Wolfheart.7483 Member ✭✭✭

    I go through bouts of opening ToT bags in the thousands multiple times during the year. I don't think the drop rates have changed much. I have opened, literally, hundreds of thousands of bags. It really is RNG luck. For example, a few days back I got 3 of the Touch of Madness in a single day where I opened around 5,000 bags. Didn't get one at all again until today after opening 50,000+ bags in the interim. When the Oontz's accessories first came out a few years back, I got 2 of the black ones in a single stack of bags (and was extremely excited to sell the jewels at the time since they went for a large amount of gold) and then went through thousands more without seeing it again during that Halloween.

  • Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Touch of Madness is the only thing I find interesting in the bags, and the probabilities of getting it are truly abysmal... so no. I do the Labyrinth to get fun, not to get stuff.

  • STIHL.2489STIHL.2489 Member ✭✭✭✭

    just getting a few things this year.. Bloody Prince Mini and the Book.. otherwise.. not worth the drop rates or playing this insane RNG game.

    There are two kinds of Gamers, Salty, and Extra Salty.
    Ego is the Anesthesia that dullens the pain of Stupidity.

  • I have opened plenty of them this year. Certainly already more than last year. No interesting drops at all, apart from the cat mini that I already had unlocked. So I voted a resounding "no". I'd be selling them if I didn't need more of the fangs, nougat centers and skulls.

  • smsarasin.3468smsarasin.3468 Member ✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 2,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

    Last year I at least got a couple of the Onus hammers, a pair of the Grim Pact pistols, one of the Pumpkin Hammers, and a few other exotics which I tossed in the bank for my alts.

    This year, nothing but junk like plastic fangs, and other trash. Sure, it means I can sell them to vendors for a few extra coins, but after the thrill of getting at least a few exotics out of the bags last year. I am quite underwhelmed this year. 2,000+ bags opened, you would think I would at least have the odds of getting something worthwhile.

    Only a week in, and after turning my candy corn into cobs to pick up a couple bags, I'm starting to spend my time away from the labyrinth and running around in the open world on my mounts to do some map completions on my alts... At least that way I have a chance at some keys or charges...

    sigh And I was SOOO excited for Halloween this year too...

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @smsarasin.3468 said:
    I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

    Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?
    You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

    What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.
    Prices are high cause items are rare.
    If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

  • smsarasin.3468smsarasin.3468 Member ✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    @Shirlias.8104 said:

    @smsarasin.3468 said:
    I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

    Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?
    You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

    What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.
    Prices are high cause items are rare.
    If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

    I wasn't really looking for the cash on drops, just the drops themselves. I was hoping to pick up a couple more Grim Pacts for my Deadeye. :)

    I just remember last year that in the first 200 or so bags it seems that I got a couple exotics like Onus or Jailbroken. I know that I can just pick them up on the Trading Post, but I was hoping that this year would be like that again.

    Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations after the "Woo Shiny!" that I remember from the last go-round.

    edit I didn't buy the bags from the TP, I looted them as drops in the Labyrinth. So I'm not out any gold in that respect. :)

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @smsarasin.3468 said:

    @Shirlias.8104 said:

    @smsarasin.3468 said:
    I have been very disappointed with the drop rate this year as well. I've opened at least 1,000 bags and haven't had a single nice item drop except for one of the Oontz's necklace of the Spectre. (Amusing, but not really what I was hoping for...)

    Ehm... what do you expected to get for a 28g bags?
    You probably were able to made up 50/60% of the golds spent ( or simply 50/60%the value of bags if you buy them from tp ) or the cost by selling corns and other stuff, and also you dropped the spectre which is worth 5/6g.

    What i mean is, 1k bags are really a low amount of em, and if you would have managed to drop something worth 70g+ you would have been really, really lucky.
    Prices are high cause items are rare.
    If they were not rare, infusion would be the same price as oontz's necklaces.

    I wasn't really looking for the cash on drops, just the drops themselves. I was hoping to pick up a couple more Grim Pacts for my Deadeye. :)

    I just remember last year that in the first 200 or so bags it seems that I got a couple exotics like Onus or Jailbroken. I know that I can just pick them up on the Trading Post, but I was hoping that this year would be like that again.

    Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations after the "Woo Shiny!" that I remember from the last go-round.

    ouch bad call mate :\
    They are almost free at TP ( 1g more or less ).

    You could have saved money.

  • Raven.1524Raven.1524 Member ✭✭✭

    I spent 200g last week on tot bags + the ones i farmed.... got 2 Touch of Madness

  • More worth it to me to just sell the bags.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They are worth 4 silver. Not bad :#

  • killermanjaro.5670killermanjaro.5670 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    If I was in a position where I didn't really need the gold then I'd probably open them just for the fun of the gamble. But I'm not in that position (nor have I ever been) , I need to build up some gold, so selling is the best option for me.

  • I got a Touch of Madness from personal trick or treat bag, maybe only opened 100 ~ 200 bags.
    So I decide to sell it and all of my trick or treat bags to make gold.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They're great for selling on the TP. I'll leave RNG trying to others.

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • @Boogiepop Void.6473 said:
    In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

    Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

    The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

    In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Boogiepop Void.6473 said:
    In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

    Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

    The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

    In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

    All due respect, but I don't see how someone would have the guts to post something this patronizing without actually seeing what's dropping for the addressed party.

    Speaking for myself, I'm pretty sure I'm not seeing exotics because they're not popping for me. Last year, I had an inventory row full of the nightwing pistols and jailbroken foci after far less bags than I opened this year. Either my luck changed by orders of magnitude, or the drop rates have gone down drastically. I can assure you, I'm not deluding myself. Like last year, I open all of my bags on one character, and am not moving anything off it except for the crafting materials. Zero exotics in an inventory that's cracking at the seams with rubbish tonics and other garbage, except for one cat mini that I already unlocked last year. Also, no recipes at all, but that's okay because I have all of them unlocked already.

  • Kronos.3695Kronos.3695 Member ✭✭✭

    Not at all.
    You don't get money back but always lose more than 70% of the current bags value.

    Kronos Ledaloth
    Leader and founder of Bloodstone Keepers [BloS] - Visit us at our website or facebook page!

  • Halan.8951Halan.8951 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2017

    ..........

  • RandomWolf.3986RandomWolf.3986 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    I've been opening my own share of bags since 2015. I think it's safe to say I've opened over 2,000 bags at this point... and never dropped anything worth more than 2 gold. All I want now is Touch of Madness and it feels like a waste...

  • Redfeather.6401Redfeather.6401 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

    They're good for clogging inventory and spending ages cleaning up.

    Click on your name up top. Click the little icon with the down arrow for preferences. Click Signature Settings to the right.

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Halan.8951 said:
    I got 2 Oontz necklaces ( green and black) from bags on the first day, and didn't run Labyrinth since then. Are they considered rare? No weapons yet... but almost 2 weeks left.

    A rare but unfortunately not extremely rare drop.

    The gem can be infused through 1 [+9 agony +5 stat] infusion and 2 other almost free items in order to transform it from a jewel to a real infusion.
    Here's the recipe https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poly-luminescent_Undulating_Refractor_(Black) ( i linked you the black one but is the same for every jewel ).

  • Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    For me, over the years, they have become no more worth it.
    Firstly, I am no more interested in their contents since a long time already (after I got the max candy node for home instance, had nothing left I was interested in).
    Secondly, since this year, I make more gold within less time via other means than farming T&T bags in labyrinth. I did a few rounds of labyrinth at beginning of event until i realized that.
    So, all in all, I don't need them anymore. If I get some as drops, nice, I sell them, but I don't farm them anymore.

    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

  • @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Boogiepop Void.6473 said:
    In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

    Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

    The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

    In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

    All due respect, but I don't see how someone would have the guts to post something this patronizing without actually seeing what's dropping for the addressed party.

    I'm not talking about what's dropping or not for a particular person. I'm talking about the data, which shows the drop rates are similar between both years, with the exception of the infusion which didn't drop in the 200k bags of data I've seen published. The other items are dropping about what they did last year. The new torch has a stunningly low drop rate, which means most of us won't see one drop.

    All of that affects perception, which is my point. The OP doesn't feel the bags are worth it this year, which is partly a result of the OP already having gotten all the interesting stuff last year and partly that anything new isn't dropping much for anyone. That certainly feels less inspiring, but it doesn't mean the bags are actually less valuable, just that it feels less rewarding.

    And that's part of the difficulty for us as players and ANet as a gaming company: each year we see a festival, it becomes more difficult for them to give us the same sort of excitement in loot as before.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • they're worth it, they sell for more than the standard trash.

  • Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't gotten anything good out of one yet, it's mostly junk that you need thousands of to add up to anything at all useful.

  • I say yes, but only in the case that you only use the ones from achievements or drops. They aren't worth buying unless you really want to try for those rare drop items. In truth, I use them mostly for the boost items and candy corn (which I get the Drooburt achievments with and then go buy pumpkin for my GH decorations). Other than that, the finishers are good but the tonics are just meh...except shadow raven tonics...those are easy wins for costume brawls.

    Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

  • Neutra.6857Neutra.6857 Member ✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Manasa Devi.7958 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Boogiepop Void.6473 said:
    In my opinion, it is not worth it this time. Last year I had an entire bank tab full of unique stuff after unlocking all of it for myself by this point. This year I have gotten exactly 4 unique items in thousands of regular bags and hundred of personalized bags. The drop rates seem to have been nerfed into the floor.

    Partly that's because you already have an entire bank tab full of unique stuff from last year. The rates are comparable to last year, except maybe the infusion. ToT bags are selling at similar value to last year too, which means that they are, from any practical measure, just as valuable. (There are some differences; they just aren't that significant.)

    The fact that you don't see value in them is a fundamental human quality: we like new & shiny, we like obvious gold (not hidden), and we burn out quickly on game content and items. It's basically impossible for ANet to give us the same level of enjoyment of stuff each year, without making the newest players feel like they missed out on everything.

    In short, this is more about how your perception has changed about ToTs than any actual change in rates or value.

    All due respect, but I don't see how someone would have the guts to post something this patronizing without actually seeing what's dropping for the addressed party.

    I'm not talking about what's dropping or not for a particular person. I'm talking about the data, which shows the drop rates are similar between both years, with the exception of the infusion which didn't drop in the 200k bags of data I've seen published. The other items are dropping about what they did last year. The new torch has a stunningly low drop rate, which means most of us won't see one drop.

    All of that affects perception, which is my point. The OP doesn't feel the bags are worth it this year, which is partly a result of the OP already having gotten all the interesting stuff last year and partly that anything new isn't dropping much for anyone. That certainly feels less inspiring, but it doesn't mean the bags are actually less valuable, just that it feels less rewarding.

    And that's part of the difficulty for us as players and ANet as a gaming company: each year we see a festival, it becomes more difficult for them to give us the same sort of excitement in loot as before.

    Last year there was a bug with the personalized bags dropping from atm which had tons of exotics dropping.

  • @Neutra.6857 said:

    Last year there was a bug with the personalized bags dropping from atm which had tons of exotics dropping.

    If that's true they need to redo the drops to be closer to that bug. It dosen't need to be as much as last year (even I thought it was a bit much), but the sparsity of worthwhile drops now has at this point driven me to stop bothering outside of dailies (for the guaranteed special skin every 5 days) and the occasional ATM (because it takes so little time to do).

  • I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

  • @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    Open em was a mystake, not farming em.

  • titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

    i haven’t sold one bag. i opened them all. and bought more bags. first 3k bags i bought i got some cheap weapon skins. then i farmer 71 bags myself and got an infusion. i bought more bags days later and got touch of madness. and few days ago i had 50 gold left and bought bags again and got another touch of madness and that amulet with a teal infusion. but is only worth 5 gold i saw. so i have to do fractals. but from the personalized bags i haven’t gotten something useful. i think i haven’t opened more then 5k bags this halloween. i have 2 gold lose every stack of 250 bags but get many ascended mats back so maybe it’s not a lose.

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @titje.2745 said:
    i haven’t sold one bag. i opened them all. and bought more bags. first 3k bags i bought i got some cheap weapon skins. then i farmer 71 bags myself and got an infusion. i bought more bags days later and got touch of madness. and few days ago i had 50 gold left and bought bags again and got another touch of madness and that amulet with a teal infusion. but is only worth 5 gold i saw. so i have to do fractals. but from the personalized bags i haven’t gotten something useful. i think i haven’t opened more then 5k bags this halloween. i have 2 gold lose every stack of 250 bags but get many ascended mats back so maybe it’s not a lose.

    If you need ascended mats they are totally worth it.
    Also if you don't have your MF already at cap.

    It has to be consider an investment.
    You are probably going to lose 2g as stack as you said, but MF and ascended mats have their own value in terms of time spent.

  • titje.2745titje.2745 Member ✭✭✭

    @Shirlias.8104 said:

    @titje.2745 said:
    i haven’t sold one bag. i opened them all. and bought more bags. first 3k bags i bought i got some cheap weapon skins. then i farmer 71 bags myself and got an infusion. i bought more bags days later and got touch of madness. and few days ago i had 50 gold left and bought bags again and got another touch of madness and that amulet with a teal infusion. but is only worth 5 gold i saw. so i have to do fractals. but from the personalized bags i haven’t gotten something useful. i think i haven’t opened more then 5k bags this halloween. i have 2 gold lose every stack of 250 bags but get many ascended mats back so maybe it’s not a lose.

    If you need ascended mats they are totally worth it.
    Also if you don't have your MF already at cap.

    It has to be consider an investment.
    You are probably going to lose 2g as stack as you said, but MF and ascended mats have their own value in terms of time spent.

    yes my magic find was maybe 200 or something and now it’s 216. only with this halloween it got a huge boost.

  • Dreamy Lu.3865Dreamy Lu.3865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I already answered that in another thread: I was used to sell them since I was not interested by content and since this year, I have even stop farming them.

    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message...

  • @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Holy kitten! Was that the actual drop rate?!!

    O-0

    Isn't it only worth a measly 120g?

    I just dropped my entire pixel savings to buy keys for the REAL Halloween prize ... And lost it all. Worst part it... if I took that gold and put a buy order in... I might have gotten it.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Holy kitten! Was that the actual drop rate?!!

    O-0

    Isn't it only worth a measly 120g?

    I just dropped my entire pixel savings to buy keys for the REAL Halloween prize ... And lost it all. Worst part it... if I took that gold and put a buy order in... I might have gotten it.

    I wish I was rich to think 120 gold was "measly".
    Either way I think it's around 200 gold at the moment.

    And what was the halloween price you can only get with keys?

  • @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Holy kitten! Was that the actual drop rate?!!

    O-0

    Isn't it only worth a measly 120g?

    I just dropped my entire pixel savings to buy keys for the REAL Halloween prize ... And lost it all. Worst part it... if I took that gold and put a buy order in... I might have gotten it.

    I wish I was rich to think 120 gold was "measly".
    Either way I think it's around 200 gold at the moment.

    And what was the halloween price you can only get with keys?

    Ghastly grinning shield.

  • Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Holy kitten! Was that the actual drop rate?!!

    O-0

    Isn't it only worth a measly 120g?

    I just dropped my entire pixel savings to buy keys for the REAL Halloween prize ... And lost it all. Worst part it... if I took that gold and put a buy order in... I might have gotten it.

    I wish I was rich to think 120 gold was "measly".
    Either way I think it's around 200 gold at the moment.

    And what was the halloween price you can only get with keys?

    Ghastly grinning shield.

    Ooh. I actually would've liked one of those, but I also need a class I like shield with.
    I did do a quick check and saw there was a scythe I could've gotten with keys... which I didn't and it's 1600 gold according to the wiki. No thanks.
    Why couldn't I have gotten that instead of the fallen balthazar outfit....

  • Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

    not bad 200g from 90g. gonna buy some.

  • @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

    @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags
    and I got nothing, no skins, no mini, nothing.
    I just want that Touch of Madness skin, and farm ToT bags was a huge mistake :'(

    If you had sold the bags instead of opening them, you might have had enough to buy the torch. (Although that turns out to depend a lot on when you sold them and when you put in the offer.)

    The odds of getting the torch are about 25k:1. The chance of getting the torch from "only" 2750 ToTs is about 1%.

    Holy kitten! Was that the actual drop rate?!!

    O-0

    Isn't it only worth a measly 120g?

    I just dropped my entire pixel savings to buy keys for the REAL Halloween prize ... And lost it all. Worst part it... if I took that gold and put a buy order in... I might have gotten it.

    I wish I was rich to think 120 gold was "measly".
    Either way I think it's around 200 gold at the moment.

    And what was the halloween price you can only get with keys?

    Ghastly grinning shield.

    Ooh. I actually would've liked one of those, but I also need a class I like shield with.
    I did do a quick check and saw there was a scythe I could've gotten with keys... which I didn't and it's 1600 gold according to the wiki. No thanks.
    Why couldn't I have gotten that instead of the fallen balthazar outfit....

    kitten! I got that in my chest spree, it's account bound tho or I would have given it to you.

  • @Shirlias.8104 said:
    Open em was a mystake, not farming em.

    lol bloody right :'(

  • Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Shadowzerk.4715 said:
    I just opened 2,750 Trick-or-Treat bags and 250 Personalized Trick-or-Treat Bags

    I hate opening bags from doing open world content... How can you all stomach opening 2.7K bags? That is crazy!

  • @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:
    Ghastly grinning shield.

    Ghastly grinning shield skins, got two left in my bank. maybe i should sell one and get that stupid touch of masness

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.