Bug: Spellbreaker's Full Counter gains benefits from traits even if it does not connect.

Turk.5460

@Hitman.5829 said:The warrior hate is real! This skill is working as intended, there is a good reason they named it FULLCOUNTER.

Full Counter is a burst skill, the other burst skills Warrior has all have to land a hit in order to benefit from related traits, but for some undocumented reason, Full Counter does not need to land a hit in order to benefit - logic points to this being due to a bugged interaction. The name has nothing to do with the mechanics of how traits work off of it as opposed to other burst skills. If you have an actual argument as to why this would not be a bug, I'd appreciate the input, anything to keep this thread near the top so the balance team has a better chance to view it.

I do want to point out that while this should be changed (read nerfed), it isn't the only Burst skill to trigger effects without landing a hit. Longbow does the same as it is just a ground targetted ability, and its unique perk.

However, I believe the Guard Counter's Protection and Revenge Counter's Resistance are "On Full Counter trigger" not "On Burst Hit" for usage, so those ones are consistent.

Cleansing Ire, Adrenal Health, and Berserker's Power should not trigger.

I don't know how accurate the Wiki is for the tooltip, but Guard Counter says "after a successful Full Counter." And Revenge Counter says "Full Counter deals additional damage and grants resistance." It's definitely possible that the tooltips aren't a full representation of what Anet intended, so I'm hoping we at least get some clarification. In my personal opinion, I don't think any of the traits should trigger unless Full Counter hits at least 1 enemy. Counter-Play is important, which includes denying sustain by avoiding the attack. And since FC is instant, the argument of "don't trigger it" does not hold as much water.

Archived