Clearing the spam?

I seem to have built up a load of spam down the right hand side of my screen, daily's, SAB stuff, events in the area and other assorted messages. I have tried to get rid of them with the watchlist but they just expand and retract.How do I clear all of this spam?

Yeah. I think it is annoying if a lot of events spawn and if there are 2 special events - that is the most annoying. Even in cities taking up a lot of space. You have the watch list stuff (usually I keep dailies there), 1 story step - and that is nice. I can deal with the 1 special event as well. But now we have SAB and the Rallying skritt - can't remove that. Even though I am not playing the one with the skritt. Fortunately it is not too long.

I'd prefer if those festival reminders could be hidden individually.

Unfortunately you can't do anything about most of the stuff in that list. You can minimise each one to just it's heading by clicking on the heading but most can't be removed completely.

I always keep 1 achievement tracked which I'm not going to complete any time soon, so it just shows the one line instead of a whole list of dailies. You can remove the achievement list entirely by not tracking anything, doing the main dailies and then not going anywhere which has it's own daily achievements, but that only lasts until the reset and I find it pretty impractical.

The festival/special event notifications like the ones about Super Adventure Box and the current Icebrood Saga step will remain until the events are over.

The green text is your current story step. If you haven't completed the personal story then you can't remove it, but if you've finished that you can remove it by completing the chapter or episode you're on and not starting a new one or clicking the 'quit this episode' button in the story menu (which might lose you some progress but presumably if you do this you're not planning to finish it any time soon).

Anything else will depend on where you are in the world and what's going on around you because it shows events which are happening nearby and the progress of meta events which can occur in the area - for example any time you're in or near the swamp in Queensdale you'll see the header and latest update for Secrets in the Swamp, which is the meta-event that leads to the Shadow Behemoth spawning. This is probably what cleared when you restarted the game - events which were going on nearby will have ended or moved away so you weren't getting those notifications any more.

You can show or hide the entire list by opening the options menu, scrolling down to the Dynamic HUD section and setting 'Objectives' to never show (you can also set it to only show in or out of combat) but personally I find that pretty impractical because there's usually something there I want to see but what that is depends on the situation, but the option is there.

I know it's daft but it even got me killed. I didn't see some beasties to my right that were of a similar colour to the reams of text down that side of my screen. I turned right into a beastie ambush before I realised. Worst of all I had not gotten around to eating my snow truffle soup and was severely weakened. :)

@Joote.4081 said:I seem to have built up a load of spam down the right hand side of my screen, daily's, SAB stuff, events in the area and other assorted messages. I have tried to get rid of them with the watchlist but they just expand and retract.How do I clear all of this spam?

iirc ArcDPS has (or had) a feature to hide the daily, current events, and story tracker from the UI

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I always keep 1 achievement tracked which I'm not going to complete any time soon, so it just shows the one line instead of a whole list of dailies.Yep. Me, too.

Technically I shouldn't be doing that now, because I'm tracking Hivemaster to remind myself to get on and finish it but if I'm honest it's serving the same purpose because I haven't done much with it since putting it there. But sometime I'll get around to it.

@Randulf.7614 said:The irony is the ui was originally designed to be as clutter free as possible, but when a lot is going on we get situations like this.

I’ve no issue with that, because for me it is useful, but being able to hide any sections on request should be an option

I'd really like to be able to hide the different parts seperately instead of having the whole list or nothing. But with the current options (show, hide, show only in combat, show only out of combat) I'm not quite sure how I'd do it. For example I could hide the SAB and IBS notifications entitely, but then I'd have to remember to unhide them after the events are over so next time something like that starts I get told about it. Then hide it again once I don't need that reminder...then unhide it once that event is over, and so on.

I was pleased when they introduced the Dynamic HUD options and expected to use a lot of them, but in practice all I've ended up doing is hiding the menu when I'm in combat and the target nameplate when I'm out of combat, and even then I keep finding myself holding down Alt to show them because I want to check something quickly. For a while I was hiding my skill bar too, but I kept wanting to see which buffs were active or how long they had left, see the XP bar (which before that I'd have said I never looked at), check if my elite had recharged before I attacked something, and so on, so I gave up hiding it.

It might help that I have a fairly large screen (although not one of these gigantic 4K curved ones) and the UI set to small, but I don't find it too cluttered and most of the time I prefer having the info there to hiding it.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I always keep 1 achievement tracked which I'm not going to complete any time soon, so it just shows the one line instead of a whole list of dailies.Yep. Me, too.

Technically I shouldn't be doing that now, because I'm tracking Hivemaster to remind myself to get on and finish it but if I'm honest it's serving the same purpose because I haven't done much with it since putting it there. But sometime I'll get around to it.

@"Randulf.7614" said:The irony is the ui was originally designed to be as clutter free as possible, but when a lot is going on we get situations like this.

I’ve no issue with that, because for me it is useful, but being able to hide any sections on request should be an option

I'd really like to be able to hide the different parts seperately instead of having the whole list or nothing. But with the current options (show, hide, show only in combat, show only out of combat) I'm not quite sure how I'd do it. For example I could hide the SAB and IBS notifications entitely, but then I'd have to remember to unhide them after the events are over so next time something like that starts I get told about it. Then hide it again once I don't need that reminder...then unhide it once that event is over, and so on.

I was pleased when they introduced the Dynamic HUD options and expected to use a lot of them, but in practice all I've ended up doing is hiding the menu when I'm in combat and the target nameplate when I'm out of combat, and even then I keep finding myself holding down Alt to show them because I want to check something quickly. For a while I was hiding my skill bar too, but I kept wanting to see which buffs were active or how long they had left, see the XP bar (which before that I'd have said I never looked at), check if my elite had recharged before I attacked something, and so on, so I gave up hiding it.

It might help that I have a fairly large screen (although not one of these gigantic 4K curved ones) and the UI set to small, but I don't find it too cluttered and most of the time I prefer having the info there to hiding it.

I swapped out my ultra wide to a small 27" @2560x1440 just for playing GW2. The graphics now look sharper and things are in perspective. I will go back to my UW when I get fed up with GW2 and move on to something else which is not likely for a long while.