Had to reinstall the game and I cant get arcdps working again

a couple days ago my computer decided it didnt recognize GW2 anymore out of the blue (I blame windows 10) so I had to remove and reinstall the game. I used arcdps with no problems before, updated when needed and it always worked fine. After the reinstallation arcdps was gone, so I downloaded the d3d9.dll, put it in the bin 64 folder as usual but it will not open in my game. I tried removing it and reinstalling again, still nothing. I do alt+shift+t and just target some random object. I tried alt+shift+h in case it was hidden and it just opens my hero panel. Im not sure what I am missing or why its not working anymore. anyone have any ideas? thanks! edit to add I also use TacO and that is working just fine, I didn't have to reinstall anything for that.

i ended up using the Unofficial Addon Manager (or GW2-UOAOM) to install both arcDPS and dx912pxy. it makes the install / delete + update process much easier for me. Before that i tried installing the files the "right way" and had nothing but problems. i absolutely hate the arcDPS website., and will never go back. if arcDPS doesn't work right or if the game crashes with or without a arcDPS message, i simply clear all addons, then re-check the boxes for the 2 addons i want, then [update] again. Granted, i need to reposition and resize the windows, and reselect the options i want, but that's the same as any "regular" update, anyway. i don't know if any of this will help you or not, but it might, so i shared. good luck!

@"Moi.5013" said:a couple days ago my computer decided it didnt recognize GW2 anymore out of the blue (I blame windows 10) so I had to remove and reinstall the game. I used arcdps with no problems before, updated when needed and it always worked fine. After the reinstallation arcdps was gone, so I downloaded the d3d9.dll, put it in the bin 64 folder as usual but it will not open in my game. I tried removing it and reinstalling again, still nothing. I do alt+shift+t and just target some random object. I tried alt+shift+h in case it was hidden and it just opens my hero panel. Im not sure what I am missing or why its not working anymore. anyone have any ideas? thanks! edit to add I also use TacO and that is working just fine, I didn't have to reinstall anything for that.

since this is an addon related issue, asking for support about it on the official forums is not the best way to do it. you should always go to the author/developer of the addon when it comes to issues related to the addon to get immediate solutions.

also from the arcdps website:

if you have a problem not listed here, try asking in the arcdps-issues channel on discord.

link to the said discord: https://discord.gg/RaZ5myp