update on bot removals

Rvannith.8364

Most of my matches today have been like this. Anet mentioned a few months ago now they were working on the bot issue but all of these accounts have been reported many dozens of times, yet are still around clogging up Silver and Gold ranked PVP. Has there been any further comment from anet or any further statements about when this issue is likely to be addressed given it's still having a dire effect on the playability of the game for middling players like myself?

0ADWTrO.jpg

The skill mechanics allow this to happen imo.Macros, bots hard to avoid where there a combat of burst n leave or aoe spam based classes, in most mmo's those were the classes to be used for bots.Holosmith would make a decent bot with the unblockable mine and nades mixtured on forge combo i think, at least they were very deadly on the past with macro user some even used package ingection for the skills to happens slightly faster (dont reccal how those skill work on spvp..ive been very away from this disaster :bleep_bloop: )

@ellesee.8297 said:personally i've never seen more than 1 bot per team.

I think the further u go down the more u encounter.

Also time, if I'm playing at like 3am in the morning they get abit more common

Also because bots exist players will accuse others of being bots if they play in a certain way or don't reply.

This means several times over people will assume your a bot when in fact you aren't. It's how it works. I've been in plenty of teams that have called people bots and the dudes rose up and said he isn't.

People seem to forget, when u let anyone even at level 1 walk into max level PvP u will get players of every standard and it doesn't make em a bot

In previous days I spotted a lot of bots, sometimes I even got a full team of bots which all behaved the same, like all go the same path. They don't play that bad, but it's super boring to play with them. And there were all the time the same names.I was thinking to do achievements and stop playing PvP as in that form it's no fun.

But today something changed! I had all my matches without any bot spotted! Was much better to play, meeting different playing styles and strategies is fun, some players are stronger, some less. As it should be.If Arena Net really removed bots, then it's very good. Unless I was just super lucky today.

@DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49C86BA96CAD said:In previous days I spotted a lot of bots, sometimes I even got a full team of bots which all behaved the same, like all go the same path. They don't play that bad, but it's super boring to play with them. And there were all the time the same names.I was thinking to do achievements and stop playing PvP as in that form it's no fun.

But today something changed! I had all my matches without any bot spotted! Was much better to play, meeting different playing styles and strategies is fun, some players are stronger, some less. As it should be.If Arena Net really removed bots, then it's very good. Unless I was just super lucky today.

Why is your name like that? It looks like an API key.

I've never seen that before

@"Rvannith.8364" said:Most of my matches today have been like this. Anet mentioned a few months ago now they were working on the bot issue but all of these accounts have been reported many dozens of times, yet are still around clogging up Silver and Gold ranked PVP. Has there been any further comment from anet or any further statements about when this issue is likely to be addressed given it's still having a dire effect on the playability of the game for middling players like myself?

0ADWTrO.jpg

Anet ARE working on the Bot problem......Just not the same problem you think...Their problem is trying to program them so you cant tell they are bots :-DAnet Stop treating your Customers like idiots n Just mark YOUR Bots as AIproblem solved ?other games do >

@DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49C86BA96CAD said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:Why is your name like that? It looks like an API key.I've never seen that before

Yes, that's GUID, everybody have some. It's visible when you don't have a name set. Happens when Guild Wars 1 account was auto migrated (so no chance to enter a name), if you didn't do it earlier manually.Have you tried the account name change
, or it doesn't work since your account is in weird situation?

I read about that earlier on the forum and for some players it worked, for some not. But even if it would work, it was stated that there could be possible problems with that. I already used to it now, so I leave it be, not risking any problems. There is not so many players with such GUIDs, so it's easy to find myself on lists in game, so no big deal.

And returning to the topic of bots, unfortunately, today there were again some bots in PvP behaving as earlier, but with other names. But luckily there were not so many of them as before.

They are rather defensive, if you get damage build, then you can easily take them down. If you don't have enough damage - you can try to stuck them, they can't jump. There are some nice places, kinda like boxes, to which they can fall, and can't get out.In one match on Skyhammer, someone from enemy team nicely stuck 2 bots from our team at box place at the edge of the main map, side where the Cannon is.

@"Pacificterror.7805" said:Bots performing better than some players in PvP matches? I was tempted to try PvP in this game thinking "Well at least there'd be bots I'd be better than!"....but now I know they'd be kicking me around too LOL

It depends on your own team makeup and how switched on people are. If you run from them and play points you can win without paying much attention, but this requires the team to understand what you're doing. However, most of the time players at lower skill levels don't have good understanding of game mechanics, and will do two things that cause their team to lose:

-run to the wrong point, abandoning their team (usually running to the "far" point).-"fight on the point". Nobody knows where this started, but it's bad advice. The reason this is particularly bad is that the bot accounts are built for two things:a) survival;b) aoe damage.

Bots have perfect skill rotations and reflexes. They cannot play tactically, but in a 1v1 they will often beat silver and low gold-ranked players. Bad players will jump on a point, then the two or three bots on the enemy team will soak them in area damage, and they die.

Again, bots are easy to "outplay" because they will usually run to enemy points that will cause the rest of their team to be outnumbered, or will run to the "wrong" point, but this requires your team to understand this and be familiar with their run patterns, the way they go to certain points, and how they will always, without fail, try to engage in a 3-on-1 or a 2-on-1 on a point your team holds, even though you can beat them in that matchup. At anything above low gold, players understand how bots work and can work around them, but on lower skill levels we... just don't.

So basically: yes, you can beat bots, by running away from them. ;)

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...