Idea : "prime light beam" be made a kit

Slyven.8637

I have an idea of making it a ranged option for the Holosmith but it's operation is the basic attacks generate heat and the 5th ability is the "prime light beam" which needs 50% + heat tooperate, be like a heat purge, kit swapping also alot of different combat requires both ranged and melee and this could work to fill in the gap.I'd expect it to be similar to the rifle in mechanics except hopefully the skill 4 wouldn't give yourself a knockback.Ideas? seems nice? or excessive? or the mechanic of sustained Holosmith hmm "holoification" be to overpowered?I'd like it to be made with mechanics that would allow an engineer to be a viable part of raiding and pve and the WvW environment providing a meaningful group function.My operation idea.Skill 1 - Piercing plasma shot. - generates x amount of heat-Skill2 - Light tether "moderate cc ability" - generates x amount of heat-Skill 3 - Force shield generator "creates a reflective wall in front of the engineer but makes you immobile while channeled generates -x- amount of heat per second" (allies traveling through this shield could have a condition or two "burned off")Skill 4 - Vortex shot- Expends heat to create a knockback effect but player is immobile while discharging.Skill 5- is of course the prime light beam.

• these skills power/damage is determined by how much heat is vented.The weapon itself doesn't generate passive heat though.

@Slyven.8637 said:Hmm maybe have 2 choices in the elite skills, 1 it is how it is atm and then you can decide to use the elite kit.

We're really overthinking this.

User mortar kit if you want a kit in your elite slot for some reason. Use Photon Forge if you want a kit that feels elite. Use PLB if you want a good elite skill.

@Krag.6210 said:In my opinion, Photon forge should have been an Elite kit and Prime Light Beam the Elite Toolbelt Skill.

But then there would have been no change to class mechanic ?I would have wished for pf on weaponswap, and another toolbelt skill for prime light beam.

Archived