Selfless and Thoughtless Potions turned into Infusions

Hadi.3167

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:I actually wouldn't mind if I could replace my female Charrdian's helm with the halo. Wishful thinking but I can still dream, dangit!

Or yea halo skin would be nice but i figured you could just hide helmet if it came down to that, thats why infusion would be better!

Why stop at the selfless/thoughless potions? Why not make every tonic into an infusion?Well probably because it's not as easy as we think it is to convert tonic effects into infusion effects, because it has an impact on rewards and perception of their value, and potentially upon the economy as a whole (depending on how one converts tonics into infusions).

I'd love to see a tonic wardrobe, a key ring, a gizmo toolbelt, consolidated portal scrolls, more infusions, and so on. I just wonder what else ANet might have to give up on in order to make those things happen.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Well probably because it's not as easy as we think it is to convert tonic effects into infusion effects, because it has an impact on rewards and perception of their value, and potentially upon the economy as a whole (depending on how one converts tonics into infusions).

Queen Bee, Chak Egg Sac, Vial of Aurilium, Refractors. They all gave buffs to your buff bar, like these two potions do, and were able to be turned into an infusion. They just have to make it be the same as those items and it'd be fine.

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Well probably because it's not as easy as we think it is to convert tonic effects into infusion effects, because it has an impact on rewards and perception of their value, and potentially upon the economy as a whole (depending on how one converts tonics into infusions).

Queen Bee, Chak Egg Sac, Vial of Aurilium, Refractors. They all gave buffs to your buff bar, like these two potions do, and were able to be turned into an infusion. They just have to make it be the same as those items and it'd be fine.

And you remember how long we've been asking for those four things to be changed into infusions so we could use them on ascended trinkets? Right, ever since they were introduced into the game.

Of course I want tonics to be converted into something I don't have to carry in inventory and click often. I just think it's unlikely to happen because it is (probably) costlier than it sounds and diverts resources from all the other 1000s of things we also want.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I wish. I have the Selfless (Halo) potion and it’s sitting in my bank.

Did you get it by screwing dozens of other players in melting mobs before anyone can tag during mordrem invasion?

I joke. I mean I joke about YOU doing that, you seem a nice guy.

I dont joke about the rest.

Nope. I was lucky with the number of Commemorative Sprockets I got from the 2 Memory Boxes and was able to buy it this last August.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I wish. I have the Selfless (Halo) potion and it’s sitting in my bank.

Did you get it by screwing dozens of other players in melting mobs before anyone can tag during mordrem invasion?

Nope. I was lucky with the number of
I got from the 2 Memory Boxes and was able to buy it this last August.

Ahh! Surprised you didnt get originals.Also is BloodRedArachnid still on here? Iam reminded now because you two were the names I remember most from year1.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I wish. I have the Selfless (Halo) potion and it’s sitting in my bank.

Nope. I was lucky with the number of
I got from the 2 Memory Boxes and was able to buy it this last August.

Ahh! Surprised you didnt get originals.Also is BloodRedArachnid still on here? Iam reminded now because you two were the names I remember most from year1.

I didn’t get the original back then because I was disappointed in the way it looked and how it worked as compared to the Guild Wars 1 Halo. I only got it in August because I got the sprockets and decided that was the best item to get out of what I could buy.Blood Red Arachnid does post on the new forum.

Archived