Allow WvW Ascended to be purchased with Testimony of Heroics

Jeknar.6184

Why most of the gear in WvW are locked behind the Skirmish Claim Tickets? All the Ascended gear, and even the exotics, are all behind a currency which we have a weekly cap of how much we can obtain. I can understand the necessity of a timegate for the Legendary Armor and Backpiece, but locking the Ascended equipment behind the same currency don't make any sense.

In PvP you can buy Ascended Goodies with Ascended Shards of Glory, which are awarded from the pip reward track even at the repeatable Byzanthium rank. The PvP tickets (Which have a cap for season) are the timegate for Legendary Armor/Backpiece in there, but the other currency continue to be awarded for continuous play.

The closest of Ascended Shards of Glory that we have in WvW are the Testimony of Heroics, which are awarded from rank up and skirmish chests. So I suggest that the Ascended gear in WvW should be sold by the non-capped currency we have avaible (Testimoniy of Heroic + Memory of Battle), instead of being locked behind a weekly capped one. This way we would still have our legendaries timegated behind the tickets, but we could buy other stuff without suffering through the weekly cap of the currency.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And reduce the grandmaster marks requirements, because right now crafting ascended with recipes bought on the TP and swapping stats is always the cheapest option no matter what. There should be some discount for spending some time in a given game mode and spending its currency.

@Seffen.2875 said:I really do not like that idea. I like the timegate so it makes it harder to obtain.

I don't understand you people who like timegate behind basic stuff... I understand the need for timegates for Legendaries, but to Ascended more than the marks are already a Timegate or a Money sink? It's almost as if you people don't want others to be in equal footing...

Besides, how is it harder to obtain when there are another game mode that basically hand them over to you for continuous play? I assure you that if I played sPvP as much as I play WvW, I wouldn't have enough space for all the Ascended pieces I could have bought with the shards it keep handing you over. The problem is: I like WvW and not sPvP, and I feel I'm being somewhat punished for my choice.

@Halbarz.3854 said:The tickets are more then fine, what they should reconsider is the use of grand-master marks in WvW.As with SPVP they should add them to the tracker. This gives people the opportunity to get the gear without having to leave WvW.

@diamondgirl.6315 said:That's my issue; the tickets PLUS the Grandmaster Marks. Put one Grandmaster mark in place of tomes in the reward tracks and let us earn them in wvw, pleeeaaase.

They added the Grandmaster Marks to everything, including the Fractal vendor, so I'm assuming they are here to stay and there is no way around it. Even in PvP, you can only get 3 Grandmaster Marks per season (They are not awarded in the repeatable chests) which isn't even enough to buy a Chest or a Leg Piece (Which cost 4 each).

So we are being locked by both the Grandmaster Marks AND the Skirmish Claim Tickets... One of them should go away, and I'm pretty sure the Marks are out of question at this point.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:The T2 you want easy access to is the pre to the legendary version and that's why it's so restrictive.

TheT2 in PvP is precursor for Legendary and is easily accessible. Your argument is invalid.

My argument stands, WvW is not PvP and the same game mode. WvW has always been more restrictive on rewards because that's how it's been requested to prevent players from farming the mode.

But the pip system can be but it's still time gated enough to make you think twice if you want to really invest the effort to get all 7 pieces.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:The T2 you want easy access to is the pre to the legendary version and that's why it's so restrictive.

TheT2 in PvP is precursor for Legendary and is easily accessible. Your argument is invalid.

My argument stands, WvW is not PvP and the same game mode. WvW has always been more restrictive on rewards because that's how it's been requested to prevent players from farming the mode.

But the pip system can be but it's still time gated enough to make you think twice if you want to really invest the effort to get all 7 pieces.

That has been requested? Are you sure we are playing the same game? Because I've been playing this game for more than 5 years and as far as I remember people ALWAYS complained about how WvW rewards always been a joke, about how it's harder to get anything from WvW compared to other game modes and how WvW is dying because there are no incentive to make new players join as other game modes are always more lucrative.> @Turk.5460 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:The closest of Ascended Shards of Glory that we have in WvW are the Testimony of Heroics...

No, the closest thing we have to Ascended Shards of Glory that we have in WvW are Skirmish Claim Tickets...

No, the skirmish claim tickets are closer to the PvP League Tickets, which also have a limited ammount per Seasons just as Skirmish claim tickets are limited per week.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:The closest of Ascended Shards of Glory that we have in WvW are the Testimony of Heroics...

No, the closest thing we have to Ascended Shards of Glory that we have in WvW are Skirmish Claim Tickets...

This.Though SPvP does not have any timegate ( you could farm infinite of em every week if you would ), while tickets do.

Business-wise. Some time gated stuff in a game with no subscription is okay. Especially considering you can get random ascended drops anyway.

Time gated stuff in subscription fee or heavy gambling economies (Grindy Asian MMOs...) is fairly scummy.

Within WvW, the problem is anyone who isn't in the blob may have issues gaining random ascended drops, and getting the pips faster (in the respect of getting the bar maxed, but maintaining is easy). I'd be fine with one type of ascended armor not being behind a time gate but lacking the legendary functionality (i.e. you can only choose your stat once).

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

That has been requested? Are you sure we are playing the same game? Because I've been playing this game for more than 5 years and as far as I remember people ALWAYS complained about how WvW rewards always been a joke, about how it's harder to get anything from WvW compared to other game modes and how WvW is dying because there are no incentive to make new players join as other game modes are always more lucrative.> @Turk.5460 said:

It was not directly requested, But WvW players did not want all the PvE players comming to WvW for easy legy backpiece and ascended gear, causing assive queue's and overall WvW game play plummeting.

@Rennie.6750 said:And reduce the grandmaster marks requirements, because right now crafting ascended with recipes bought on the TP and swapping stats is always the cheapest option no matter what. There should be some discount for spending some time in a given game mode and spending its currency.

as for the grandmaster crafts. you dont need them.go with the other ascended armor in the other tab. requires rank 2000 (+ some more memories of battle) to get all pieces BUT no crafting at all. and only about 3 more weeks worth of ticket farming.

eventually (!) you will get to that legendary armor

@Jeknar.6184 said:

No, the skirmish claim tickets are closer to the PvP League Tickets, which also have a limited ammount per Seasons just as Skirmish claim tickets are limited per week.

No, Skirmish Claim Tickets are much more in line with Ascended Shards of Glory - the fact that claim tickets are limited per week is not a deciding factor. 20 hours worth of Skirmish Claim Tickets vs 20 hours worth of Ascended Shards of Glory is what you need to deduce which currency is more closely related. The system in place is pretty close to equal, but cannot ever be completely equal, as there are additional factors that can't really be controlled. For example: ease of acquisition. WvW Tickets are incredibly easy to obtain, and if that is ones only goal in WvW, the effort they need to put forth would be incredibly minimal - to the point they can afk for 10 minutes at a time and continue to obtain the currency. In PvP, you have to try to win for optimal pips. And if you don't care about optimal pips, and instead decide to afk farm, you will be reported and eventually dishonored, severely decreasing your currency gain. Also queue times could fluctuate and disrupt your pip gain.

Ok here it is

NotesIt takes 1,310 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets in total to obtain a full set of Triumphant Hero's armor.

So, divided by 6 ( i know some pieces cost less and some more, but it's the same ) every armor piece costs 218 ticketsYou also need a Legendary War Insight which costs 1095 tickets

So, every piece is 1314 tickets

Every week you can have 365 tickets per week , which is 1460 tickets per month

Oh for crying out loud, you can do more pieces than who does spvp -_-

@Shirlias.8104 said:Ok here it is

NotesIt takes 1,310 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets in total to obtain a full set of Triumphant Hero's armor.

So, divided by 6 ( i know some pieces cost less and some more, but it's the same )
every armor piece
costs 218 ticketsYou also need a
Legendary War Insight
which costs 1095 tickets

So, every piece is
1314 tickets

Every week
you can have
365 tickets per week
, which is
1460 tickets per month

Oh for crying out loud, you can do more pieces than who does spvp -_-

Your math is correct, however you have to max out diamond chest EVERY WEEK for that to happen. And depending on your WvW rank (which takes months to escalate from one tier to another) and how your server is doing during the match up it can easily mean 24+ hours of "grind" per week. The system is very unforgiving in that sense, and it also doesn't balance it out when you actually CAN play more (at least in pvp you get ascended shards).

Archived