[Suggestion] Create a ''Samurai'' based class?

Alexx.5329

It would be a sweet elite specialization for the Thief in a future expansion (which will hopefully be placed in Cantha, a mostly Asian themed continent which I love and miss dearly).

However, if you prefer the modern versions of the "fantasy" genre, I recommend you look into Black Desert. It has a truly beautiful, classy environment, but (unfortunately) stereotypical modern anime classes (especially the females look horrifying) and silly anime animations -- the whole package.

I like Samurai class a lot, i have mixed and match myself a nice warrior outfit that i named him Kryta's Samurai couple years ago.For the existing class, i think spell breaker is more similar to a Samurai IMO. Full counter is similar to a highly concentrated samurai into Zen, and counter strike with the soul trapped within his blade. I won't wait for a Samurai class at all, as long as i can play a spell breaker that close enough for now.

@Ashantara.8731 said:It would be a sweet elite specialization for the Thief in a future expansion (which will hopefully be placed in Cantha, a mostly Asian themed continent which I love and miss dearly).

I would find it more fitting as a Warrior actually. Their armor was pretty heavy even if it was not as heavy as european armors. And they have some honor code of conduct which don't fit with a thief imo.

I could imagine some new kind of weapon (inspired from Katanas) would probably fit well. Not as brutal as GS, same size than sword, but used with both hands, maybe with different sizes.

There is already such a thing. It is called a Warrior. All you need to do is make a warrior that looks as Canthan as possible, grab a makeover kit, give the warrior an even more Canthan look, then give them as much samurai-looking gear as you can.

For the most samurai-looking gear we may have to wait until the story takes us to Cantha so we can have armor sets like this or this. Unless they decide do add them to the game as outfits before that.

We do have samurai-like weapons, though. Players can only use the greatsword. Tengu have the sword and dagger version of those weapons, but there's no known way to unlock those skins.

Never understood the fascination of samurai i love anime as much as any other 80's kid but Japanese sword style is just bad and is why they have to make it fantasyand fake if i had to compare it to something it would be the U.S cival war when ppl just stood there shooting at each other in a line same with samurai no side stepping so so sure the sword is def one of the best made but the style is the worst in the world since it's made for only fighting other samurai that follow the same rules

@Leo G.4501 said:Curious, what are some things a Samurai would do in GW2?

This would be an optional trait:Below a certain health point it would kill himself to inflict fear, immobile, vulnerability and weakness to enemies and give a random set of boons to allies in a certain radius.

Their armor would be extra heavy, slowing them down,Boosting allies who are in range or give the samurai himself a damage boost if he fights alone.They are the only class that can ride a minotaur mount and shoot arrows from them. making them an unique profession to do that.

I don't know if im serious or not, but it sounds fun ?

Let's expand this out a bit. Assuming the Cantha expansion will reveal a Samurai Warrior, possibly replacing Sword and Greatsword skills with different abilities, what else can it do? what would other specs would the other classes get from/in Cantha? Here's a few ideas:

1: Ninja Thief. Obviously. Like, duh. Ninja rely heavily on agility, cunning and stealth, but also on tools and throwing weapons. This opens up clever use of the scepter and/or focus as containers/launchers for these shuriken, blinding powders, meteor fist, etc.. This also has the possibility of OH Sword for dual-blade Shiro Tagatchi action.

2: Cavalier Ranger. Cavalry and mounted combat - especially mounted archery - are a major part of Chinese, Mongolian, and Japanese warfare, historically. This Elite would allow the Ranger to "mount up" on specific pets for buffs, similar to the Soulbeast, but with charging or dashing abilities depending on the pet's type. For example, a Bear mount can Crash forward, knocking enemies away for damage, while a Cat mount can Pounce and Maul a single target, holding them in place for your follow-up attacks, and a Moa mount could use its iconic Screech attack. (This could lend interesting play to Birds and other small pets. Instead of riding them yourself, they would ride on you, letting you use the animal itself as a sort-of throwing weapon, like a Falconer.) Now, to answer the obvious question, there are key differences between combat mounts and travel mounts. The PoF riding mounts would simply be too fast or skittish for proper combat, while the combat Pet mounts would move slower (no significant speed buff), but can fight. As a new weapon access, the Mace would be ideal here, assuming Spear is out of the question, but treating the pet as a weapon kit allows mount-customized weapons, like spears, hookswords, etc.. Complex to make, I know, but potentially awesome.

3: Musketeer Mesmer. Hear me out on this one. A key component of early rifle/musket warfare is the line rotation: one line shoots while another retreats and reloads. The plays best in the Mesmer's wheelhouse, creating and cycling through clones to maintain continual firing, while advancing in a direction or holding a position. Certain skills or Elites could allow the Mesmer to be a one-Mesmer firing squad, repeating the line to his/her left and right, allowing a wider range of continual fire. This also could the Mesmer an interesting in-and-out play, similar to a Thief, with various retreating shots/skills within or out of the primary chain.

Archived