Legendary armor query — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Legendary armor query

Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭

Hi, im in the late level 500 rank range in WvW.
I can get the Triumphant Hero's armor but not the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor due to its rank requirement.
I was wondering, if i get those Triumphant Hero's armor and make them to legendary, does the end product look the same as end product of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor when made to legendary?
And if someone has done this, could they please show me what Triumphant Hero's armor made to legendary looks like if it is different?
Thank you.

Comments

• I’m not sure but I think it looks the same. You have to PvE to get cool looking armor :(

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

cool lookign armor on pve? thats way to 2013. unlocks the skins with the rewards tracls.

• Not the legendary armor you’re not. The PvE skins for legendary are better because WVW always get the short straw

• GrackFields.7805GrackFields.7805 Member ✭✭
    edited October 27, 2017

You can preview the armor from the vendor. They look very similar but the mistforged has a kind of white glossy glow that goes over your dye job. It looks ok if you are into that but imo it prevents you from mixing armor sets. The mistforged looks like kitten unless everything is mistforged. The T2 on the other hand can be blended well with other pieces of armor.

The chest plate has a bunch of tenticle like glowy light things come out of it back while in combat as well. To me it looks stupid but people seem to like stupid glowy kitten.

Oh, and upgrading to legendary does not change appearance nor does it work towards any achievement tracks.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:
    Hi, im in the late level 500 rank range in WvW.
    I can get the Triumphant Hero's armor but not the Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor due to its rank requirement.
    I was wondering, if i get those Triumphant Hero's armor and make them to legendary, does the end product look the same as end product of Mistforged Triumphant Hero's armor when made to legendary?
    And if someone has done this, could they please show me what Triumphant Hero's armor made to legendary looks like if it is different?
    Thank you.

The legedary armor will retain the skin of the piece you used as a precursor. If it was a Triumphant Hero Armor, it will retain the regular skin. If it was a Mistforged Triumphant Hero Armor, it will have the Mistforged skin.

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

You will have less glow and no beams of light on your chest armor if you made the legendary using Triumphant armor.
    To unlock the Mistforge armor skins, you have to buy the Mistforge versions.
    So if you prefer to have the Mistforge skins, it is better to make your legendary armor with it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.