Music

Ossyrana.1637

I am in a bit of a quandary considering how to get the original soundtracks, so I thought I'd bring it to forums (idk if it has already).

I reeeeally would Love to buy the Guild Wars 2 base game Original Soundtrack...but I cannot find it anywhere, and if I do, people are selling it for like $300!!!

https://smile.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Original-Game-Soundtrack/dp/B009F0DWFQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509140596&sr=8-3&keywords=guild+wars+2+soundtrack

Why not keep all the OST albums available on iTunes?

I am really excited that the PoF ost came out today (especially been waiting & dyyyying for the song "Tomb of Primeval Kings" ever since the first day of PoF launch!!!) <3 ...but I am too late to get the old ones :anguished: :'( I've played since the base game launch in 2012, but never thought to get the music back then since I didn't have an iPhone at that time.

All the best,Nala

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Because the owner (Jeremy Soule) of the rights to the Guild Wars original soundtrack(s) doesn't want to sell copies at this time. Guild Wars 2 original sound track uses many of the tracks from Guild Wars. You may find other tracks on the ArenaNet SoundCloud site page(s).

Even if he were selling copies, hilarious mismanagement of sales on DirectSong, a sales sight founded by Jeremy and Julian Soule, have also been a big problem. I know some people who ordered the original Prophecies album over five years ago and still have not had the order recieved.

@Sojourner.4621 said:Even if he were selling copies, hilarious mismanagement of sales on DirectSong, a sales sight founded by Jeremy and Julian Soule, have also been a big problem. I know some people who ordered the original Prophecies album over five years ago and still have not had the order received.

Yeah, I had heard about that...so I veered away from DirectSong. I didn't realize they founded it though :o

But I just don't understand, I guess, why a musician wouldn't want to sell his music to share with those who adore it...obviously he has the rights to his music; it belongs to him and it can't be taken away unless he sells those rights to a different owner, just like with books. But keeping the music to himself and unavailable to his audiences boggles me. Same goes for many film background songs...most times it's impossible to buy every piece of music played in it from every scene. It drives me nuts, 'cause there's some stunning orchestral non-vocal works in films that's unavailable on iTunes and CD's. :'(

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Because the owner (Jeremy Soule) of the rights to the Guild Wars original soundtrack(s) doesn't want to sell copies at this time. Guild Wars 2 original sound track uses many of the tracks from Guild Wars. You may find other tracks on the ArenaNet SoundCloud site page(s).

Well, in that case, it's just the same to listen to it for free on youtube...I have several of the songs favorited. And I know they can be converted into mp3's...but I never figured out how to then connect my iPhone to my laptop and sync them so that my computer matches the music I have on my phone, and then carry over the converted mp3's (however that's done?) and transfer it to my cell's iTunes. But even if I did learn how, it would be difficult to redo the process if ever getting new devices since it wouldn't be saved in "purchases" like my other songs. And I would rather pay Soule for his life's work. I don't want to steal it, I just want to listen to it on my phone and have it continue playing if I'm doing other things on my phone in the background (which youtube won't do...let alone the fact that it scarily deletes videos and won't even tell you which song it was called that got discontinued so you could at least know what to re-look-up).

Thanks though... <3 hopefully one of these days in the future, he'll change his mind.

All the best :)

Archived