Unable to Edit Posts — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to Edit Posts

For some reason, I'm not being able to interact with the textbox after I try to edit a post. This lead me to be unable to correct somenthing I posted and needing to double post if I forgot to add somenthing.

Is someone else experiencing this aswell? I even tried using other browser but I get the same problem on Chrome, Mozilla and Edge

Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

Tagged:

Comments

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've been having this problem today, as well. At first I thought it was my browser (Firefox) on my laptop. Switched to a different one (Chrome) and had the same problem. Switched to my desktop, with my usual browser (again Firefox), and saw that the same thing was happening there.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yes, same issue. I thought it was my browser config acting up. But maybe not...

    Ascalon Will Prevail!

    GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

  • Esterie.7409Esterie.7409 Member ✭✭✭

    I just remembered some additional comments I wanted to add to a post immediately after I submitted it, but upon trying to edit the post I can't highlight my text or place my cursor anywhere to continue typing or anything like that. I tried to edit my post in multiple browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and neither was successful.

    - — World Completion — -

    16 // 35

  • Having the same issue. It seems to only be comments. If you started the discussion, you can still interact with the text.

    I posted this in the Forum Feedback Thread:

    @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

    @AegisRunestone.8672 said:
    For some odd reason, I can't edit my comments in discussions. What happens is, I click the gear icon, click edit, and it opens up the comment. Except when I click within, I can't seem to select the text within. I cleared my cache/cookies earlier today due to another site's technical difficulties... could that be it?

    Also, these posts are older. One I tried to edit was from October 9th.

    So, I couldn't edit the above post as well. Cleared cache. Disabled uOrigin, updated Chrome, no dice. Trying Firefox... nope. Firefox doesn't work either.

  • I'm not having trouble editing using firefox. I checked some old posts. Are others still having the issue? I wonder if there's something else going on, like moderators locking a thread or ...

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Same issue here, tried it with both Miscrosft Edge and Google Chrome, cannot edit posts with either.

    Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I'm not having trouble editing using firefox. I checked some old posts. Are others still having the issue? I wonder if there's something else going on, like moderators locking a thread or ...

    I just tried editing my earlier post in this thread, and it still wouldn't let me. I'm unable to properly click inside the text field to allow myself to type, and the Cancel and Submit buttons are also not working while the editing text field is open. Interestingly, if I open the editing text field and then click on the "Quote" button of someone else's post, it adds that text to my edited post, but I'm still unable to type into it or cancel it with the Cancel button.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2017

    Odd. I'm not having any issues editing previous posts. I'm using Chrome.
    Now I'm on Firefox..still no issue.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I even tried Internet Explorer now and it still don't work.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Can confirm, editor broke.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • I wonder if it's a Windows issue. I'm on Win 7.

  • Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

    I've havign too this problem, whew and before i saw this threads, I thpought the problem is due to soem issues with the mouse or so ...

    The monment i press edit, the cursor can#t interact anymroe with the text box to click on the words, to edit the text box anyhow at all ..


    Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.


  • I’m on an iPad and using safari. Editing is broken on new posts but still possible on older posts from before this.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • I wonder if it has to do with forum ranking. I noticed it started right after I got a forum rank up notice. I checked on another account and that account can post and edit the new post.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

    Still cant edit anythign >.>

    I can stil lat least edit things, while writign normalyl a posting, but once I send off somethgn and what to edit the postign after sending it, i can forget it due to this weird forum bug, as I can still not interact after clickign edit, with the text box of the postign, to change anything at all sigh...

    is this some kind of mad halloween joke from Mad King to torture us this way ? lol


    Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.


  • Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

    For now this just means basically for everyone, whos affected by this bug, to write very carefully and to send off your posts first then, when you are 100% sure, that you don't want to change on the postign anythign anymore after sending it off..

    Really annoying, but we aren#t able to change this.
    If at writing the post is currently the only way, where you can still edit normally, then you have to be just more cautious, that you don't send posts, where you don't are 100% sure, that they were ready to be sent off ^^
    So better make any kind of corrections ect. before you send stuff, use drafts to save texts, before you want to send them off, and reuse the drafts then, when you are sure, that you don't want to change anythign on your posts anymore from that point on, until Anet has found out, what the reason for this weird forum bug is and fixed it.


    Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.


  • @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I’m on an iPad and using safari. Editing is broken on new posts but still possible on older posts from before this.

    That's odd. Because I can't edit one of my comments from October 9th, but I can edit my fan story's primary post, and it was posted back when the new forums were released.

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It looks like we can still edit and threads/Discussions we've created, but editing comments on others' threads/Discussions won't work.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I wonder if it has to do with forum ranking. I noticed it started right after I got a forum rank up notice. I checked on another account and that account can post and edit the new post.

    Related to my previous post, your other account is likely able to edit due to not having a signature added to it (if this is the case). As it is not displaying a signature under its post that is overlaying the entire post that prevents clicking in to edit, you are able to edit just fine with it.

    TEMPORARY FIX
    In the meantime, anyone with this issue, simply remove your signature for the time being and it should allow you to edit your posts due to no longer displaying on your posts and preventing editing.

    WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017

    @StinVec.3621 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I wonder if it has to do with forum ranking. I noticed it started right after I got a forum rank up notice. I checked on another account and that account can post and edit the new post.

    Related to my previous post, your other account is likely able to edit due to not having a signature added to it (if this is the case). As it is not displaying a signature under its post that is overlaying the entire post that prevents clicking in to edit, you are able to edit just fine with it.

    TEMPORARY FIX
    In the meantime, anyone with this issue, simply remove your signature for the time being and it should allow you to edit your posts due to no longer displaying on your posts and preventing editing.

    This actually works... You can also activate the "Always hide signatures" on your settings if you don't want to simply delete yours.

    Such a shame we cannot use the signature feature because of this bug tho.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • Alternatively, just hide signatures in your preferences. True, you can't see even your own signature, but it works around this issue too: unlike others posting, I've been able to edit all my posts.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2017

    Hmm, I'll try this out, its sad, but if it temporarely fixes the situation, then I'm fine with this, until ANet has had time to fix this annoying bug ^^

    PS: Test Tes, jup, it works again without the Signuature.
    Kudos to Stin for findign what the Problem actually was and still is


    Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.


  • Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I've had this problem on a few posts now - I thought it was just a random bug but now it's becoming a bit irritating when you need to change something in a post.

    I'll try the signature fix, though I hope this issue can be fixed without having to remove signatures.

    IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

  • @Jeknar.6184 said:

    @StinVec.3621 said:

    @Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    I wonder if it has to do with forum ranking. I noticed it started right after I got a forum rank up notice. I checked on another account and that account can post and edit the new post.

    Related to my previous post, your other account is likely able to edit due to not having a signature added to it (if this is the case). As it is not displaying a signature under its post that is overlaying the entire post that prevents clicking in to edit, you are able to edit just fine with it.

    TEMPORARY FIX
    In the meantime, anyone with this issue, simply remove your signature for the time being and it should allow you to edit your posts due to no longer displaying on your posts and preventing editing.

    This actually works... You can also activate the "Always hide signatures" on your settings if you don't want to simply delete yours.

    Such a shame we cannot use the signature feature because of this bug tho.

    I was about to post Jeknar's solution since I tested it earlier and forgot to tell everyone. lol. Anyway, I hope this forum glitch gets resolved soon.

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2017

    Can confirm.

    I have hidden .UserSignature.Signature which is a large block over the editor (really large block) and now works.
    The large block is the reason why there are huge white space.
    The only downside in hiding that is not able to see signatures.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    StinVec -- Thanks a bunch for your detective work! It's tremendously helpful for us to be able to point to the exact cause of the problem, then ask Vanilla to fix it.

    I noted the inability to edit late last week, and we've been following up because it's a pretty significant bug! I anticipate that with our being able to show exactly where the issue arises, this should be addressed pretty quickly. In the meantime, the work-around of removing your signature to allow editing is functional...even if less than desirable.

    Thanks again!

    Yay! I hope you get the glitch nailed soon. :)

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

    "Detective work" -- oh boy. It's simple CSS, every web designer should be able to fix this in a matter of hours (even less).

  • Absconditus.6804Absconditus.6804 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2017

    A fix for this issue is quite simple actually. Found this within minutes, so I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. By going to the _listings.scss file and editing line 191 from saying display: block; to display: table; it should resolve the issue. Alternatively, you could go edit the signature.css file and add display: table !important; to the .UserSignature class. For the savvy, you can test the latter suggestion through your browser's console by running the following JavaScript snippet while editing:

    var x=document.getElementsByClassName("UserSignature"),i;for(i=0;i<x.length;i++){x[i].style.display="table";}

    Seafarer's Rest | Enryon | Mistwarden [Hero]

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I haven't been able to edit posts for well over a week, glad (not really) to hear it's a general problem, and not clientside

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Still unresolved and highly annoying...

    Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

  • To be clear -- although I was sure I was in my earlier post -- this is not a change that we can make on our end. We are reliant on Vanilla to fix this bug. We've sent it to them at a Priority 1, and now... we wait. But believe me, we are aware of this situation, and I assure you that if you are irritated, I'm seriously hindered by this bug in doing my job!

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • AegisRunestone.8672AegisRunestone.8672 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    To be clear -- although I was sure I was in my earlier post -- this is not a change that we can make on our end. We are reliant on Vanilla to fix this bug. We've sent it to them at a Priority 1, and now... we wait. But believe me, we are aware of this situation, and I assure you that if you are irritated, I'm seriously hindered by this bug in doing my job!

    Well, then we can blame them for their slothfulness. :p

  • Yes, I just tested to be sure, and "Hide Signatures Always" does work, as a temporary workaround.

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    I haven't been able to edit posts for well over a week, glad (not really) to hear it's a general problem, and not clientside

    In your forum preferences, under Signature Settings, toggle on Hide Signatures Always. This alleviates the symptoms (but not the cause).

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Sorry for the necro but I wanted to say that the bug have been fixed in case of some of you are still using the Hide Signatures setting.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • @Jeknar.6184 said:
    Sorry for the necro but I wanted to say that the bug have been fixed in case of some of you are still using the Hide Signatures setting.

    Thanks for letting us know. I hadn't seen anyone else comment on it. (I don't think it counts as "necro" when the new post actually includes new information that is of interest to those who have posted already.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.