Condition Duration bugged or changed?

santenal.1054

When did it change how the damage dealing condition duration is calculated? Was it on purpose?

In the past the damage dealing condition duration would be rounded to the nearest quarter second.3.92s (theoretical) would become 4s (effective)3.81s (theoretical) would become 3.75s (effective)

But now (present), every condition duration gets rounded DOWN to the integer before the decimal mark.So if you have 3.99s theoretical condition duration on your flame blast you will still only do damage for 3 seconds and all the rest will get wasted. (This means 495 expertise points could be totally useless for attacks with a 3s base condi duration, or if you take the incendiary Powder trait without any other form of extra condi/burning duration you would waste 25% of the damage you would have gotten in the past)

In the following video you can see the rounding down at work. (The Tooltip still says 4s but in the combat log you can see that only 3s of damage is done)

To a PVE'r it might not mather much solo, but when I'm fighting in wvw I dont have the luxery of being able to spam skills unchallenged and the enemy also cleanses condies therefor the burning uptime isn't really high. I hope they revert this because it's another kick in the nuts for me. (I guess ill play with +100% burning duration for the time being)

Edit: OK, I've found the Thread. Anet is investigating it, so it will probably be fixed.

reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/78uwva/major_bug_final_condi_ticks_missing/

Archived