Tawniey.3796

So, I'm quite certain that the change in stats for Sharpening Stones was an intentional nerf to tank-like builds and a buff to power/precision builds. However, when they were moved to Magnanimous utility items, they've become what I feel is unreasonably difficult to craft. Each day I harvest the Primordial Orchid nodes which takes the better part of an hour if I want to get each node in a zone that is difficult to see in and navigate; I then get terrible drop rate on Orchids and wind up with maybe 5-10 Orchids per run. That means I have can make maximum (if I have enough dragonite ore and crystalline dust) of 10 sharpening stones per day for my build. These stones, despite being so expensive to craft, only last 30 minutes time.

I don't want to have to spend 1 hour daily grinding out orchids to only get maybe 5 hours of playtime with my utility buff up when this was what I purchased a few stacks of sharpening stones for before the change when they became useless to me. It's very frustrating.

What I would recommend to fix this would be to reduce the amount of orchids needed to craft the 5 stones, or to increase the amount of time on "special" sharpening stones (ie: bountiful, magnanimous, toxic) to be the same length as potent sharpening stones. I feel like this is more fair for the amount of work that goes into crafting them.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You could acquire 1/3 to more than 1/2 of that amount in seconds from your Home Instance with a Fire Orchid Node. If you haven't already, you might consider investing in one. Also, they can be found in other maps (if you've completed part of the backpack quest).

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! Does the home instance node guarantee fire orchid drops? I hadn't thought it worth it since it takes me 3 orchid nodes to get a single orchid on the map.As far as the backpack quest goes-- can you be more specific? I'd be happy to do any quest that might bump the places I can get ahold of these things.

@Tawniey.3796 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You could acquire 1/3 to more than 1/2 of that amount in seconds from your Home Instance with a Fire Orchid Node. If you haven't already, you might consider investing in one. Also, they can be found in other maps (if you've completed part of the backpack quest).

Good luck.

Thanks for the tips! Does the home instance node guarantee fire orchid drops? I hadn't thought it worth it since it takes me 3 orchid nodes to get a single orchid on the map.As far as the backpack quest goes-- can you be more specific? I'd be happy to do any quest that might bump the places I can get ahold of these things.

All the LS3 home instance nodes guarantee "special" drop on every strike.Bloodstone, Petrified Wood, Jade Shard and Fire Orchid gives 3 each, Winterberry give 5 (enough to trigger the daily so you get 2 more unless you've already been to BFF), and the Oyster give 9 pearls.

Archived